• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

CEJames

Oh My God, the dude fucking sucked. I'm so mad I even watched it. Still, despite the shitty quality, it looked nice. Sure, it's on the PC but I'm sure Scorpio/PS4 Pro utilizing 4k+HDR could still look stunning(or at least better than the 1st and the 1st looked stunning as well.)

Back to the dude being completely trash; It really didn't make me hype for Darth Maul or Rey. They died waaay too easily without really showcasing any decent moves. Can Darth Maul even do a little force dash to close in on the enemy? What I saw is the guy slashing with Maul 5 feet in front of a trooper but didn't hit him at all, while the trooper just ate away at his HP.
If I didn't know about Star Wars at all and just based my expectations of Rey based on this video, I'd say she's more support than a badass jedi. Did he use any offensive force abilities rather than the insight skill which didn't make much sense to me. Everyone was pretty much blue when it was used. Shouldn't it be blue for your team & red for enemies.
Only Boba Fett really looked pretty badass in that video.

I understand the frustration with the Heroes being massive bullet sponges in the 1st one but they seemed to just nerfed them TOO MUCH in this video.

WiseguyMVP

Looked drab as fuck.

Looks just like this.
sword_fight.png

Milennia

Wanting to reinvent the wheel on every entry is how call of duty went off the fucking deep end

For a casual shooter this looks awesome more if the same but with more stuff and a campaign

Warablo

So no Jango or Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon confirmed?

I guess they could always be part of their "free DLC" as they sell power up boosts in microtransactions.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Coming from Movie Battles II.. that light saber combat looks awful, but pretty in line with the original Battle Front 2, I guess. Still the graphics do look amazing. Shame about some of the animation.

Super hyped, disapointed people seem like they were expecting more of an overhaul from the first one. Looks about what I want from BF2.

Cross-era heroes is dumb as hell though, rey, boba fett and darth maul on the same team on naboo? The fuck? Guess they dont have enough prequel content to make it work.

PSOreo

Loving everyone making sweeping statements on the quality of the games content from one twelve minute video of one location. Given that this is leaked as well who is to say this is the final version(although it does look pretty finished to me)?

I think it looks stunning in terms of the graphics. I just hope there's more variety this time around and that the combat feels solid in play.

Edit: Could also be the person playing

This is a day one pickup for me. I played the hell out of the first game, hit the level cap at the time then came back to it when the Death Star DLC came out, the trench run stuff was epic in my opinion.

I love Star Wars (Well, the good parts anyway), but I have a hard time getting excited about this kind of thing. These games maybe just aren't for me.

Ambient80

Visually it looked quite nice, but the gameplay just seemed very ho hum. Will wait to hear more about it before I make any decision.

Graphics look good as expected but the animations look weird especially the jumping. I feel like it was running at 3x speed or something too with the way these characters were moving.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Everyone complaining about the gameplay realizes this is likely the smallest mode in the game, right?

Can't wait to see walker assault and the other large scale modes.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I played 100 hours of the first BF....This dude playing sucked + heroes char are the most uninteresting part of the game....This is like the worst way to show off the game lol most of the game (at least the first one) isn't like this at all

yurinka

Seems it's going to have great visuals but boring, generic gameplay. Let's hope this time it has enough single player offline content and the campaign isn't just a tutorial on steroids.

RyanW

Cross-era heroes is dumb as hell though, rey, boba fett and darth maul on the same team on naboo? The fuck? Guess they dont have enough prequel content to make it work.

Or it's a video game and they decided to say screw it's let's have some fun with it

Don't know how I feel about having Rey and Boba fighting with clones and droids. There's plenty of prequel heroes they could have used instead.

Or it's a video game and they decided to say screw it's let's have some fun with it

It's a video game? Shit, thanks for informing me, I had no idea.

Cross-era heroes is dumb, and it dilutes the unique aspects of each era, it goes in the face of all the authenticity they work their asses off to achieve. Villains appearing on the wrong side of the conflict is even more perplexing.

Yes, people. This guy playing exclusively as a hero (very badly) for 12 minutes is a solid representation of the entire game.
The graphics of the first one was good too but lacked content, don't let the hype get you...
From what I can tell, this game has more content at launch than the first game did with all DLC. It's also going to have free updates.

RyanW

It's a video game? Shit, thanks for informing me, I had no idea.

Cross-era heroes is dumb, and it dilutes the unique aspects of each era, it goes in the face of all the authenticity they work their asses off to achieve. Villains appearing on the wrong side of the conflict is even more perplexing.

I would agree with you if this was referring to Single Player and it affected canon but it's MP. The idea here is to bring in "what if" scenarios. Basically letting you pull out your Star Wars action figures and mix and matching. Have some fun with it

Ugh, saw the video length and was expecting quality gameplay lmao. Visuals look incredible. I don't know why the hell the guy stuck to just heroes when the bigger and more important gameplay difference is how classes affect the standard troops. 12:50PM it is.

I think cross-era heroes is just for the EA Play showcase. Rey is one of the heroes featured on the cover and probably one of the few that's ready to show off, so they put her here. Boba and Han are from the first game but tweaked so returning players can see the changes to blaster heroes.

Top Bottom