• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post, fabricated backlash.

I agree. I was pretty disappointed that the whole antibender movement just sort of collapsed after Korra took down the leader :/ I guess there's no chance of expanding on it in book two now...
I don't think this is necessarily the case: we didn't really get to see much of the impact that the events of the final episode had on Republic City and the antibenders since the episode quickly cuts away to Tarrlok's death and then Korra et al down in the Southern Water Tribe. I won't be that surprised if they try to sweep all of the antibender stuff under the rug in Book 2 (I will be disappointed), but I think they left plenty of room to come back to the issue and deal with the aftermath of antibender tensions in the wake of Tarrlok's deception.

maharg

idspispopd
Great post, fabricated backlash.

I don't think this is necessarily the case: we didn't really get to see much of the impact that the events of the final episode had on Republic City and the antibenders since the episode quickly cuts away to Tarrlok's death and then Korra et al down in the Southern Water Tribe. I won't be that surprised if they try to sweep all of the antibender stuff under the rug in Book 2 (I will be disappointed), but I think they left plenty of room to come back to the issue and deal with the aftermath of antibender tensions in the wake of Tarrlok's deception.

I don't think they know how to deal with it, so I doubt they will.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
No info on when the new season starts?

The 1st DVD coming out May 21st (and the art book in July) should be huge hints. The season will surely begin before the DVD releases (perhaps even the weekend before).

EDIT: Amazon removed the DVD's release date. Either it was a mistake or it wasn't suppose to be known yet...

Anival

Banned
I hate running into the elitist for the avatar series. I liked korra for what it was and the story wasn't the best but its still good. Honestly I only liked korra and the airbender family and lin. Everyone else wasnt as good. Especially mako guy was a jerk he shouldn't end up with anyone.

Macka

Hurry up and get back on my screen, Korra!

EDIT: Might as well try and get some discussion going, since this is my first forray into this thread. What did everyone think of book one? Specifically, what did everyone think of the ending? I'm assuming that we can post spoilers untagged at this point, but just in case I'll cover my thoughts up.

It was mixed for me. The revelation that Amon was using bloodbending was a bit of an anti-climax in my opinion. That said - this was probably my own doing than anything else! Early in the season I had a theory that Amon had gained the power to remove other people's bending from Koh, the Face Stealer, and so any other explanation was always going to be disappointing. It seemed to make so much sense though! Amon was wearing a mask because he was faceless!

I felt like Amon's 'death' (if he did actually die) was a little underwhelming as well. He was built up all season long as some near godlike bender, and while I appreciate him dying at his brother's hand...I don't know - it just didn't seem like a fitting ending.

Omikaru

This is terrible and you should be ashamed for posting it.

I'm not the only one sick of Harlem Shake, right?

Hurry up and get back on my screen, Korra!

EDIT: Might as well try and get some discussion going, since this is my first forray into this thread. What did everyone think of book one? Specifically, what did everyone think of the ending? I'm assuming that we can post spoilers untagged at this point, but just in case I'll cover my thoughts up.

It was mixed for me. The revelation that Amon was using bloodbending was a bit of an anti-climax in my opinion. That said - this was probably my own doing than anything else! Early in the season I had a theory that Amon had gained the power to remove other people's bending from Koh, the Face Stealer, and so any other explanation was always going to be disappointing. It seemed to make so much sense though! Amon was wearing a mask because he was faceless!

I felt like Amon's 'death' (if he did actually die) was a little underwhelming as well. He was built up all season long as some near godlike bender, and while I appreciate him dying at his brother's hand...I don't know - it just didn't seem like a fitting ending.

Untagged spoilers are cool for anything that's been broadcast in the US, as per the OP, so yes, go for it!

As for the meat of your post, I was surprised at Amon being a bloodbender. I too kinda secretly thought he was given his power by Koh, and it would've been cool to bring that character back to the show (Book Two, please!). And Amon's death? Perfect. I had no problems with it whatsoever. To be honest, I'm more shocked that they killed him outright rather than letting him get away (to return in another season), or having him lose his bending at the end of it. Maybe that last one would've been too similar to ATLA, mind...

Odoul

Might be OT, but...

I just read some spoilers for the latest comic...

It seems TPTB are determined to shit on the original series.

Omikaru

Might be OT, but...

I just read some spoilers for the latest comic...

It seems TPTB are determined to shit on the original series.

Care to share? In spoiler tags, of course. I don't really care for the comics so I might as well just read the spoilers...

Care to share? In spoiler tags, of course. I don't really care for the comics so I might as well just read the spoilers...
Well since you asked for it...
Big spoiler:
Zuko isn't Ozai's biological son. All the Book 3 symbolism and Iroh adages about "cleansing the sins of our fathers" are now meaningless.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Big spoiler:
Zuko isn't Ozai's biological son. All the Book 3 symbolism and Iroh adages about "cleansing the sins of our fathers" are now meaningless.

WHY?!?!? What is the point? There is none.

Gui_PT

Big spoiler:

Fake

Fake

FakefakefakefakefakefakefakefakeafçkldjshglkHJADçkdjhgçsklfghjsfjglkABÇDKJGHSKJFGHSKJFHG

Oh godplease

It could be misdirection of sorts.
Zuko didn't get the information directly from Ursa but from a letter she wrote to him. Nor was it explicitly stated in the letter.

Zuko supposedly was still fully convinced so...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Has to be a swerve.

I'm so glad we got the 3 seasons that can't be taken away, whatever and however they decide to mess up the comics and Korra.

Odoul

WHY?!?!? What is the point? There is none.

That's what kills me.

It just pisses on the original theme of the final season.

It doesn't add anything, but it damn sure detracts from it.

The show doesn't give ONE hint or seed that this development could logically spring from.

Jarmel

Banned
Big spoiler:

Shit like this makes me angry. Why? That is the only question needed to be asked.

Man, I'm sure glad Avatar: The Last Airbender ended in 2008 with no future series or comic books shitting on its legacy. It's nice to have a creative property just end before the creators mess it up.

Ezalc

Big spoiler:

Violater

Yea well I can quit while I'm ahead and not bother looking out for this show.
That's what you people get for going to see that Mnight movie.

Zen

Banned
Why would that matter? Honestly even
if he wasn't biologically his son for some reason
it wouldn't change anything
Zuko was his son, biologically speaking or not

cdkee

Banned
In my opinion Korra Season 1 stands very well on it's own (as it was written and created to), so I can always just say nothing else happened after that.

kind of like the buu saga in dbz

Cheerilee

According to /co/, Zuko acquired this shocking information from Azula.

So basically, nothing to see here, aside from Zuko being an idiot for a few chapters. Move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom