• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

I think Book 3 gets a bad rep. Sure, it's not as focused as Book 2, but it's still more than entertaining and leagues above Book 1's fare.

Mr. Sam

I've been meaning to rewatch all of them. However, a friend wishes to borrow them so he and his girlfriend can be fully caught up for LoK. A dilemma presents itself.

WillyFive

Book 2 is overrated, mostly because it was one long arc, and it didn't let single episodes shine like in Book 3. Two of the best episodes in the series, The Headband and The Runaway, were on Book 3, and could not have worked in the other Books.

Wiseblade

I've been meaning to rewatch all of them. However, a friend wishes to borrow them so he and his girlfriend can be fully caught up for LoK. A dilemma presents itself.
tumblr_m1doq6fK3h1qljqdfo1_r1_500.gif

Be the leaf third wheel!

Glad you like it. Many say Book 2 was the best season but I maintain that Book 3 is equally awesome. In facht, I envy you, I wish I could watch it for the first time again.

Season 3 had The Painted Lady, making it automatically inferior to Book 2. Not even The Ember Island Players episode could make up for that.

Jintor

Book 2 is overrated, mostly because it was one long arc, and it didn't let single episodes shine like in Book 3. Two of the best episodes in the series, The Headband and The Runaway, were on Book 3, and could not have worked in the other Books.

Exactly why it was the best. Book 3 had a lot of stop-and-go moments. Everything in Book 2 drove the main plot.

GCX

I love both book 2 and 3 equally. There's a lot of insane animation in book 3, and I'm not talking only about the finale.

jtb

Banned

That's exactly why I loved season 2. It started on a high note and ended on the highest of notes because everything was working up to that one arc. That's what made that season so satisfying!

Wiseblade

Yeah I agree. I don't get why so many people dislike it. The ending was really sweet.

I can understand why some people don't like it. The Multiple personality shopkeeper wasn't funny at all and some people view it as another "Katara does something selfish, gets away with it" episode.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Book 3 is my least favorite of the 3. The painted lady, the beach, the southern raiders, combustion man all come from this season. And I've seen each of those episodes once and never again. Combine that with the false growth of sokka and meteor sword that did nothing, and that's pretty much how my interest got killed for korra.

marrec

Banned
Book 3 is my least favorite of the 3. The painted lady, the beach, the southern raiders, combustion man all come from this season. And I've seen each of those episodes once and never again. Combine that with the false growth of sokka and meteor sword that did nothing, and that's pretty much how my interest got killed for korra.

People didn't like Space Sword?

Man... *kicks dirt*

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
People didn't like Space Sword?

Man... *kicks dirt*
I didnt hate it, but it did two things that bothered me. It introduced a training "arc" that didnt bear any fruit, and it made the sword itself seem special, when in fact if it was, we never saw that because he barely used it.

I enjoyed Sokka's master.. (a.k.a. space sword).. though I do not often watch things with a critical eye. I tend to watch things and enjoy them or not for what they are.

rewatched the episode. someone needs to make a tumblr for all of korra's different and hilarious facial expressions

also, does anyone have the avatar theme song version with just the strings? like the music that plays during the end of book 3 when zuko is firelord and announces the war is finally over, etc. ive been youtubing for it but no luck :(

edit: FOUND IT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aolx6rlpQyk&feature=related man, this is so good <3

Trey

Exactly why it was the best. Book 3 had a lot of stop-and-go moments. Everything in Book 2 drove the main plot.

Different strokes for different folks. I happened to like the little, character-building asides that are free from being forced into a certain theme by a demanding main plot.

Season 2 had the best finale though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Since we're discussing the best Book, it's 2 for me. It has the most focus on Iroh of any of the books, and Zuko and Iroh are really great during the season. The introduction of Toph is great too. Book 3 is fine, but it seemed to just be dragging itself out with some of the episodes, until the finale.

shira

Easily one of the worst episodes. I can't get over the fact he only trained for like 2 days (one of them making a damn sword). And they montage it as if he was there for longer.
It was filler like most of Season 3 episodes, but Aang in the superarmor, the butler, and T-1000 doing voicework.

I enjoyed Sokka's master.. (a.k.a. space sword).. though I do not often watch things with a critical eye. I tend to watch things and enjoy them or not for what they are.

See, I typically watch things with a very critical eye, but Avatar isn't one of them. Maybe it's because it's a children's show at heart, it's one of the few shows where I can just sit back and enjoy it for what it is and not hold it to any kind of standard.

rewatched the episode. someone needs to make a tumblr for all of korra's different and hilarious facial expressions

also, does anyone have the avatar theme song version with just the strings? like the music that plays during the end of book 3 when zuko is firelord and announces the war is finally over, etc. ive been youtubing for it but no luck :(

edit: FOUND IT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aolx6rlpQyk&feature=related man, this is so good <3

Amazing youtube comment in that link:

Water, Earth,&#65279; Fire, Air.

Long ago, the three books lived in harmony,

Then everything changed when M. Night Shyalaman attacked.

Only Michael Dante Dimartino, Master of all 3 books could stop him.

But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

Four Years have passed, and the Internet has revealed the new Avatar, a&#65279; Waterbender named Korra.

Although her bending skills are great, she has a lot to learn before she's able to save anyone. But I believe Korra can save this show.

apana

It's good but not better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQiumyd0mE&feature=related

talan619

Neo Member
Found some more stuff. I present you the rule of pro-bending:

I see one of the waterbending rules :

Water can only be pulled by at the front or back line of the zone the player occupies.

but why this happened in ep.2
3VWiJ.jpg

He stand in zone 1 and pull water from the zone 3

Wiseblade

Sometimes, like today, I like to imagine there's some sweaty Japanese teenager watching low quality, poorly translated fansubs of A:TLA while simultaneously posting on 2ch "stupid foreigners" would understand the beauty of western animation.

Emitan

Sometimes, like today, I like to imagine there's some sweaty Japanese teenager watching low quality, poorly translated fansubs of A:TLA while simultaneously posting on 2ch "stupid foreigners" would understand the beauty of western animation.

This is about K-On! isnt it you baka gaijin

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I see one of the waterbending rules :

Water can only be pulled by at the front or back line of the zone the player occupies.

but why this happened in ep.2
3VWiJ.jpg

He stand in zone 1 and pull water from the zone 3

The fix is in, or refs in Avatar-world are just as bad as real professional refs. :p

Emitan

Nah, I think it was one too many youtube comments praising Naruto as the best thing ever put to ink.

Although, wouldn't the equivalent of K-On dweebs like yourself would be J-Bronies? :p

Probably. I have no idea why I like K-On. It's basically the dumbest thing ever but it's GREAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom