• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D -- The Yellow Debate

This just showed up in the mail:

v9Q8rl.jpg

No embargo from what I'm aware of, so if there is any questions or anything you want to know, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Vinterbird said:
No embargo from what I'm aware of, so if there is any questions or anything you want to know, I'll answer to the best of my ability.
What does the 3D cover taste like?

MNC

Vinterbird said:

v9Q8rl.jpg

WAT!

Thoraxes

Vinterbird said:

v9Q8rl.jpg

Does the box taste good? Can you smell the nostalgia?

In seriousness, how's the audio quality from the speakers vs using headphones? I know headphones are always better, but I want to know how the speakers hold up for this.

reektann

If you live in London they have this in a special Zelda 3DS Stand in Game on Oxford Street. They even have it running on the N64 next to it to show the differences. I just had a good 20 minute go myself.

photofnwn.jpg

The thing I noticed when playing is when the 3D is off you get quite a nice Anti Aliasing effect that makes it look very smooth. Turn 3D on and you get jaggies - but obviously they're having to push out more frames to handle it. Personally I start to feel strangely car sick after 10 mins of that 3D - even with the slider barely up but I think I preferred the 2D with the smoothing.

TheExodu5

Banned
Vinterbird said:

v9Q8rl.jpg

Damn that box art is stunning. Is NA getting it as well?

syoaran

Vinterbird said:

v9Q8rl.jpg

I wouldn't mind some screenshots of the game on the device, such as outside on the field and in some locations we haven't seen before. More media!

I preordered from GAME.co.uk. Will I be getting it in a gold box or something?

I know I'll get a poster. (I really hope it's big and there aren't too many creases in it.)

Vinterbird said:

v9Q8rl.jpg

Ok, now I'm monitoring this thread with great interest.

Sianos

Vinterbird said:

When fighting Ganon, is it red blood, green blood, or no blood? :p

Pagusas

Elden Member
Vinterbird said:

v9Q8rl.jpg

God why do we always get shafted when it comes to box art. Do they think Americans just lack taste?

snap0212

Pagusas said:
God why do we always get shafted when it comes to box art. Do they think Americans just lack taste?
Not every country in Europe gets a good box. Take a look at the German one. Take a closer look and you might be able to see the USK logo which completely ruins every boxart.

xB09r.jpg

snap0212 said:
Not every country in Europe gets a good box. Take a look at the German one. Take a closer look and you might be able to see the USK logo which completely ruins every boxart.

http://i.imgur.com/xB09r.jpg
lol Sobad.gif

Pagusas said:
You guys got the superior Spirit Tracks box art. Though that's not really saying much.

ashbash159 said:
That's the preorder box and poster you get from GAME.co.uk

Thanks I wasn't 100% sure what I got by preordering.

Is the NA getting this instead of the box posted with the PEGI logo on it? If so that's cool.

I want to know this too. What will the NA boxes look like?
Limited to first print/preorder?

DAMMIT there are too many region specific preorder bonuses and box types for this game.
You have the Greece/Europe Deku Nuts, the two Ocarinas (one for AUS one for UK), poster for UK, gold box for UK, German bags, NA Club Nintendo CD for first registers...what else is there? I know there's more.

Teknoman

friskykillface said:
Wait, it's coming out this Sunday or next Sunday?

I want that CD and I have a feeling it will go quick on club nintendo

dat Euro box art, beautiful

This Next Sunday.

EDIT: Not sure why I thought it was this Sunday.

Teknoman

DownLikeBCPowder said:
So what's the deal with NA? Is there any awesome bundle announced yet? Was expecting something at E3 but I guess I'll just go suicide.

Nothing yet. We get the system and a free soundtrack CD via registration. Probably have to wait for the first 3DS original Zelda title to see a special edition bundle.

On Nintendo's E3 website for the 25th Anniversary of Zelda, if you click on the image which shows the soundtrack for this game, it opens a page to the American Club Nintendo website where it says the offer for getting the soundtrack is only available in the US.

I was looking on the UK website, under the news section and clicked on the news about the new website for this game. It says that you can register your game to get the soundtrack.

Can we or can we not get the soundtrack in the UK?!

Is it bad that nomatter how much I don't want to buy a 3DS right now, I want to pick up a 3DS alongside this on Monday? Never owned a DS so that's adding to it as well.....

Plus RE on the 28th....ughhh

Teknoman said:
Nothing yet. We get the system and a free soundtrack CD via registration. Probably have to wait for the first 3DS original Zelda title to see a special edition bundle.

Nothing yet is probably nothing at all right? It's kind of late in the game...

I don't even have a 3DS, but going to pick this up and get the soundtrack, it will easily be the first game I play on the system when I get one. I'm hyped..

Are there any good promo items from overseas that stand out? Or is this just a missed opportunity for me? Anyone want to sell me some of the Euro stuff?

Mistle

Should point out that the Australian shop now has the OoT 3D trailer. Looks nice! Too bad it's extremely compressed.

Also, running a 64 stand next to the 3DS stand is awesome!

vanty

Mistle said:
Should point out that the Australian shop now has the OoT 3D trailer. Looks nice! Too bad it's extremely compressed.

Also, running a 64 stand next to the 3DS stand is awesome!
Yeah I watched the video this morning and it looked horrible. So compressed I could barely see anything.

the-iek

Holy moly, the 3DS has some pretty big ghosting issues when playing Ocarina of Time 3D. As soon as Link gets in front of a dark wall the problem becomes apparent.

Mistle

the-iek said:
Holy moly, the 3DS has some pretty big ghosting issues when playing Ocarina of Time 3D. As soon as Link gets in front of a dark wall the problem becomes apparent.
Really? I noticed some issues in Rayman 3D, but I blamed it on a rushed port. It is really that bothersome in a proper Nintendo title?

dwu8991

Banned
vanty said:
Yeah I watched the video this morning and it looked horrible. So compressed I could barely see anything.

Yeah, what they did was compressed a 1 minute trailer into a 3D 30 second trailer, still looks way better than my street fighter, unless the trailer was not real time.

the-iek said:
At least for me, the 3DS always has a little ghosting if you don't hold it at a pretty precise position, but it's not noticeable most of the time because there aren't too many high contrast scenes.

However, if you see a 3D scene with dark and light, the ghosting is very easily noticed.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
the-iek said:
If that's really screen based ghosting... Waitng for 3DS 2000 (not that I can afford a 3DS atm anyway).

Top Bottom