• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword E3 trailer

BurntPork said:
That lag is insane. Worse than TP even...

From Kotaku comments:

Stephen Totilo said:
The controls feel fine. I played it. I have no complaints. 1:1 timing would have been interesting, but it's not relevant here. You see an opening to, say, slash sideways, and you do it. Link strikes within that same timing window. I played the game for 15 minutes today and never felt as if I was waiting for the game to animate. As an observer, sure, it looks like the player is waiting for the animations to happen. In reality, as you play it, it doesn't feel that way.

Sounds good to me.

Rehynn

Vinterbird said:
Unless you've convinced yourself about it and can see any small amount of lag/really sensitive to it like some people say they experience with Kinect.

Well, Kinect lag tends to bother me quite a bit...

Green Scar said:
From Kotaku comments:

Sounds good to me.

That's reassuring. The controls were one of my biggest issues with TP, and from all the demos I've seen on Skyward Sword, it looked like it'd continue to frustrate.

CaVaYeRo

Totilo is right. I played it last week. Also, being items such as the bow more 'realistic', it gives a different pace to the whole combat/puzzle system.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sheikah%20Eye%20Skyward%20Sword.png

Looks familiar?

NEO0MJ said:
With the game being complete and released in a few months I doubt we'll see anything new. What's left to show other than story or new weapons?
Every Nintendo game in the past 5 years(post TP) has operated the same way. Things are relatively quiet and not much info is known and then anywhere from a month to 3 months prior to release the game has a massive blow out of info to gain hype for the game and it works the majority of the time. There will be a blow out of information since a lot has been under wraps. They will show off new items, story details, characters and settings. There is also a lot of confusion as to how the formula will work in the new title in terms of overworld/dungeon structure, upgrade system, etc so I'm sure that will be further explained.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BY2K said:
http://www.zeldainformer.com/images/news/Sheikah%20Eye%20Skyward%20Sword.png

Looks familiar?

Would it be too much of stretch to link Ghirahim to the Sheikah tribe? After all, he does have a teardrop diamond under his left eye.

BurntPork

Banned
CaVaYeRo said:
Totilo is right. I played it last week. Also, being items such as the bow more 'realistic', it gives a different pace to the whole combat/puzzle system.
The bow using Motion+ to aim instead of the IR worries me. Is it really accurate enough?

Hiltz

CrankyKong said:
kinda...maybe
what is it?

It's the insignia of the Sheikah tribe. A mysterious race of magic users with red eyes and pointy ears. They're loyal to Hyrule's royal family as well as the 3 goddesses and are the founders of Kakariko village. The Sheikah also knew of the Oocco race from Twilight Princess.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Eye_Symbol

"In the non-canonical Ocarina of Time manga, it is revealed that the Eye Symbol was once represented as a single eye without a tear, similar to the symbol seen in A Link to the Past. This changed when, long ago, an act of betrayal on the part of the Royal Family of Hyrule occurred, resulting in the banishment of the Sheikah tribe from the kingdom of Hyrule for a time. To commemorate this event, the tear was added to symbolize the great sorrow felt by the tribe, which was sworn to protect the Royal Family; The manga also states that pierced ears were a traditional Sheikah rite of passage for young males."

Dmax3901

Also kinda looks like the Lens of Truth, which makes sense as when Link hits that stone, the area around him changes as if looking through a lens.

Rehynn

BurntPork said:
The bow using Motion+ to aim instead of the IR worries me. Is it really accurate enough?

You shouldn't worry, gyro controls work wonderfully in Ocarina 3D, and the archery in Wii Sports Resort was cool too and it also didn't use IR.

EatChildren said:
Would it be too much of stretch to link Ghirahim to the Sheikah tribe? After all, he does have a teardrop diamond under his left eye.

Skyward Sword will be the game that ties all previous (story-wise subsequent) Zelda games into a coherent, logical and easy-to-understand timeline.

Believe.

(On a more serious note: I wouldn't necessarily want that to happen, but I welcome any direct references to previous games.)

BurntPork said:

The gyro controllers for OoT3DS made aiming a ton easier (especially for the mini-games), so I'm assuming this will be even better considering you won't have movement issues with the screen and your body.

Luigiv

BurntPork said:
Apparently there'll be an option that lets you choose between Gyro and IR aiming. Though that news came from E32009, so who knows if it'll still be there in the gold build.

Poyunch

Dmax3901 said:
Also kinda looks like the Lens of Truth, which makes sense as when Link hits that stone, the area around him changes as if looking through a lens.
To be fair the Lens of Truth is another Sheikah related item.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
PounchEnvy said:
I hope the kids don't join up together and defeat the big baddy together. That's just too much cheese for me.

Also the game looks so much crisper when it's direct feed. :eek:
Hvkss.pg

Wow that looks great. Where'd you get it?

Lunar15

BurntPork said:

Yes. The IR pointing isn't that accurate compared to the Wii Motion Plus aiming. I didn't believe it until I played Wii Sports Resort. The thing you have to think about is that it isn't actually pointing at the screen like an IR pointer, it's literally using directional motion off an axis. With the WM+ it's super accurate to your body's location.

I know that sounds confusing, but it'll make sense when you try it out. The only thing that is annoying is that you have to remember that you create the axis and that it doesn't work like a pointer. Where you aim at the screen is not important. Your cursor moves based on where you move, irregardless of whether you physically aim at the screen or not. You could have it so that the axis is pointing away from the television, but the cursor will still move with your movements on the screen.

[Nintex]

The controls are fine, I played that demo as well. Kotaku should've checked the system settings, at first our demo was messed up because they had placed the sensor bar on top of the TV and in system settings they had it configured to the 'bottom' setting. We had some interference from other sensor bars as well because the TV's were too close to each other.

Sagitario

[Nintex] said:
The controls are fine, I played that demo as well. Kotaku should've checked the system settings, at first our demo was messed up because they had placed the sensor bar on top of the TV and in system settings they had it configured to the 'bottom' setting. We had some interference from other sensor bars as well because the TV's were too close to each other.

I thought this game didn't use the sensor bar.

Luigiv said:
Apparently there'll be an option that lets you choose between Gyro and IR aiming. Though that news came from E32009, so who knows if it'll still be there in the gold build.
The Slingshot is IR based while the bow is all Gyro like WSR, I believe.

no one posted this yet? or is their on other thread?

Direct feed demo! :D

DO NOT MIND THE TERRIBLE AD + (what I think is not a good gamespot editor)
But Bill from Nintendo is great! :).

[edit] WOW A LOT OF SPOILERS !!!! :O:O just watching a few min of it their a UGE NR of spoilers !!!

Gamespot Comic-Con 2011 DEMO GAMEPLAY:

SD:
http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video...ard-sword-comic-con-2011-demo?tag=videos;sd;1

HD:
http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video...ard-sword-comic-con-2011-demo?tag=videos;sd;1

YOUTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAYRSd2BMEE

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
is this game likely to be bundled with a wii motion plus?

im about to buy redsteel 2 at $10 just for the motion plus. should i?

-COOLIO- said:
im about to buy redsteel 2 at $10 just for the motion plus. should i?
Dude, yes. That's a fuckin steal. Red Steel 2 is awesome. Why no one else has copied the gunslinging and sword swinging combat on Wii or PS3 with Move is beyond me.

RandomVince said:
There's a bundle with a Wii remote plus in gold.
This is also true.

But Red Steel 2 is worth more than 10 bucks, easily.

Ooccoo

Hiltz said:
It's the insignia of the Sheikah tribe. A mysterious race of magic users with red eyes and pointy ears. They're loyal to Hyrule's royal family as well as the 3 goddesses and are the founders of Kakariko village. The Sheikah also knew of the Oocco race from Twilight Princess.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Eye_Symbol

"In the non-canonical Ocarina of Time manga, it is revealed that the Eye Symbol was once represented as a single eye without a tear, similar to the symbol seen in A Link to the Past. This changed when, long ago, an act of betrayal on the part of the Royal Family of Hyrule occurred, resulting in the banishment of the Sheikah tribe from the kingdom of Hyrule for a time. To commemorate this event, the tear was added to symbolize the great sorrow felt by the tribe, which was sworn to protect the Royal Family; The manga also states that pierced ears were a traditional Sheikah rite of passage for young males."

This is true

LogicStep

Sorry to bump and old thread but I just watched this trailer, probably the one in the OP, and it made me tear up from all the fucking awesome I saw. I haven't played a Zelda game at all after LttP and watching this makes me want to get a Wii just for this game. Man I need to get a Wii.

Top Bottom