• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword E3 trailer

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I really hope Skyward Sword solves the issue of the overabundance of rupees.

The Wind Waker kind of solved it... If you can call this and the Even Bigger Wallet "solving" it...

And I suppose the Magic Armour in Twilight Princess counts as a solution as well.

Big One

Banned
Dark Schala said:

The Wind Waker kind of solved it... If you can call this "solving" it...

And I suppose the Magic Armour in Twilight Princess counts as a solution as well.
I think the Wind Waker thing definitely was a solution to the problem.

I was mainly okay with it cause I got all of the Tingle statues, which gave me enough money to buy all the maps from him.

BY2K

Membero Americo
PounchEnvy said:
Hvkss.jpg

Listening to the Green Ranger Theme while looking at this image oddly fits.

Also, loving the town-a-la Majora's Mask quote. Hype +1.

People who are freaking out about "Animu in MY Zelda?!" are weirdos. There's always been a lot of crossover between the two. I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of kids who grew up reading manga and watching DBZ and Rurouni Kenshin on Toonami cite Zelda as their favorite video game series.

Big One

Banned
shadyspace said:
People who are freaking out about "Animu in MY Zelda?!" are weirdos. There's always been a lot of crossover between the two. I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of kids who grew up reading manga and watching DBZ and Rurouni Kenshin on Toonami cite Zelda as their favorite video game series.
There's always been anime in Zelda. There has never, ever been a case when Zelda was meant to be anything else but anime styled.

Gravijah

Dark Schala said:

The Wind Waker kind of solved it... If you can call this and the Even Bigger Wallet "solving" it...

I hated using the Magic Armor in TP because it drained my rupees. ;( I want them MAXED AND I WANT THEM MAXED ALL THE TIME!

Sacul64

Banned
Dark Schala said:

Well it has been mentioned that instead of finding countless Rupees you will find items that will help upgrade your weapons.

Segnit

Banned
Been meaning to talk a bit of Zelda so I'm glad someone bumped the thread.

Anyone noticed Link has red earrings in the E3 trailer?

he looks so emo, he he

---
I didn't like Zelda TP action, and now Skyward Sword seems to get it too right. Maybe a game can finally top DMC3 action.

Segnit

Banned
Yeah that one. Even IGN caught on that pretty soon. But I'm pretty sure plenty of people missed the fact Link is also wearing the same red earrings on the very last shot in the trailer as well (The scene where he jumps against the screen with a vertical slashing motion).

I know IGN missed that for sure but I haven't read the past 20 or 30 pages of this thread. Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet. I actually noticed it after watching the trailer in very slow motion on VLC media player.

I tried to come up with ideas as to what it could be but timelines for the clips seemingly do not match up.

Segnit

Banned
Yeah that one. Even IGN caught on that pretty soon. But I'm pretty sure plenty of people missed the fact Link is also wearing the same red earrings on the very last shot in the trailer as well (The scene where he jumps against the screen with a vertical slashing motion).

I know IGN missed that for sure but I haven't read the past 20 or 30 pages of this thread. Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet. I actually noticed it after watching the trailer in very slow motion on VLC media player.

I tried to come up with ideas as to what it could be but timelines for the clips seemingly do not match up.

Edit: In other words Link's very first and last appearances in the trailer is with RED earrings.

Gravijah

Segnit said:

Edit: In other words Link's very first and last appearances in the trailer is with RED earrings.

Maybe he used the Potara earrings to fuse with Zelda.

Bayonetta?
that doesn't count, it is DMC3 for HD consoles :D

one of my friends pointed to me some time ago, Zelda's dress changes during different scenes, then changes back to what it was before.

Segnit

Banned
walking fiend said:
one of my friends pointed to me some time ago, Zelda's dress changes during different scenes, then changes back to what it was before.

I'll have to check this out when I get home later. Thanks for the heads up.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
walking fiend said:
It's the same dress. She's just not wearing her bolero while she's on the bird. (of course not; it'll fly away!)

Dr.Hadji

walking fiend said:

Totilo on the lag.

Stephen said:
The controls feel fine. I played it. I have no complaints. 1:1 timing would have been interesting, but it's not relevant here. You see an opening to, say, slash sideways, and you do it. Link strikes within that same timing window. I played the game for 15 minutes today and never felt as if I was waiting for the game to animate. As an observer, sure, it looks like the player is waiting for the animations to happen. In reality, as you play it, it doesn't feel that way.

Rehynn

Dr.Hadji said:
Totilo on the lag.

Still, it's not as good as I hoped. I played WiiPlay Motion for the first time last weekend and was really impressed by how fast the game reacted to my movements. It did actually feel like it was 1:1.

Now, I'm not bothered that the actual slashes are not 1:1, since the game has to differentiate between attacks and simple sword repositioning, but I was hoping that the latter would be faster and tighter.

I was gonna go to Gamescom to check out the Wii U and this game, but the Wii U reveal was such a clusterfuck that at this point I just don't think it would be worth the trip.

FreeMufasa

I still can't believe we're getting a console Zelda game in a few months. It's been too long.

And what a turn araound. It's nice to see how liked this game is compared to after E3 2010.

apana

FreeMufasa said:
I still can't believe we're getting a console Zelda game in a few months. It's been too long.

And what a turn araound. It's nice to see how liked this game is compared to after E3 2010.

I take partial credit for that in this forum, since I created a thread declaring it game of the show and annoyed a lot of people by doing so.

Rehynn

FreeMufasa said:

Maintaining my own personal media/info blackout will be insufferable in the last month or two before release.

When we were waiting for Ocarina, I'd regularly go to my dad's office to look for new stuff on the game (back then we had no internet at home) and would collect and print every single new screenshot and article released online. I'd pore over that stuff for hours.

Jackano

Nintendo-4Life said:
Any idea when we can expect new Zelda news?

For now, nowhere until the release marketing train departure. So, early september I guess for a release date (even not precise - something that will say "november" in the PAL Q3/Q4 calendar), and late september/october for official websites to open and news/PR.

NEO0MJ

Nintendo-4Life said:
Any idea when we can expect new Zelda news?

With the game being complete and released in a few months I doubt we'll see anything new. What's left to show other than story or new weapons?

NEO0MJ

Futureman said:
any chance or word of a Wii/Zelda bundle for the holidays?

Do all copies of SS come w/ a Motion+ Wii-mote?

We'll probably get version with the controller and versions without it. A version bundled with a wii wouldn't be farfetched.

Myriadis

Segnit said:

So as far as I know he has at least two earrings.Considering that the guy from the Oracle series is the director,can we except something like the rings in these games again?It is such a good idea.

Rehynn said:
Still, it's not as good as I hoped. I played WiiPlay Motion for the first time last weekend and was really impressed by how fast the game reacted to my movements. It did actually feel like it was 1:1.

Now, I'm not bothered that the actual slashes are not 1:1, since the game has to differentiate between attacks and simple sword repositioning, but I was hoping that the latter would be faster and tighter.

I was gonna go to Gamescom to check out the Wii U and this game, but the Wii U reveal was such a clusterfuck that at this point I just don't think it would be worth the trip.

WiiU won't be available to the public at GamesCom, Zelda will be and having already played some of Skyward Sword it has the same WiiPlay Motion /Sports Resort responsive 1-1 which is not really 1-1 and has some lag if you're not playing.

But actually playing it yourself nullifies it so much, that you really won't notice it. Unless you've convinced yourself about it and can see any small amount of lag/really sensitive to it like some people say they experience with Kinect.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Myriadis said:
So as far as I know he has at least two earrings.Considering that the guy from the Oracle series is the director,can we except something like the rings in these games again?It is such a good idea.
Oh man, I had totally forgotten about rings but that was such an awesome system.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
That boss fight looks better than anything from the 3D zeldas. Seriously. That is how the Ganndorf fight from TP should of been!

I've pretty much convinced myself that this is going to be the best Zelda ever. Grown-up windwaker graphics, Skies of Arcadia-like exploring, orchestrated music, badass new bad guy, best looking Zelda ever, and Wiimotion Plus Gameplay.

Don't let me down Nintendo.

Top Bottom