• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword E3 trailer

Hypatia

Am I the only one who'd like to see the return of the magic cape?

Actually I'd just love loads of optional side-weapons. I loved that about LTTP; The medallions, ice rod, Cane of Byrna...

But yeah puzzles actually based around an invisible Link would be awesome.

Kard8p3

Hypatia said:

Actually I'd just love loads of optional side-weapons. I loved that about LTTP; The medallions, ice rod, Cane of Byrna...

Isn't the ice rod needed for the boss of turtle rock?

Hypatia said:

Seeing as how this game theme about the sky and stuff, it SCREEMS for the Roc feather/cape to be included.

I hope i woudn't be TOO disappointed if it wasn't there (I think i'll forget about it while playing anyway).

Hypatia

Kard8p3 said:
Isn't the ice rod needed for the boss of turtle rock?

Yeah I think so... but it's been a while since I got that far.

Everytime I play through the game I go get the ice rod as soon as possible though. I love that: being able to get it whenever I want.

SilverLunar said:
Seeing as how this game theme about the sky and stuff, it SCREEMS for the Roc feather/cape to be included.

I hope i woudn't be TOO disappointed if it wasn't there (I think i'll forget about it while playing anyway).

Roc SomethingOrOther would make a lot of sense yeah but unless it has a secondary function like the Deku leaf then I can't see the puzzles being any more interesting than simple platforming.

BY2K said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZ5diS2aIM

I wonder if Ghirahim is getting more hype than Skyward Sword itself.
Oh my god.
2euq6fm.gif

watershed

Banned
Medalion said:
More clever than John Williams idea for prequel music
What was his idea? I'm a fan of JW but I don't recall this.

Also in regards to the main theme "secret" I wonder if the "secret composition" will be revealed in the game like some kind of sequence where the hidden music bursts out of the main theme or something. If one morphed seamlessly into the other during a cutscene or boss battle I'd freak out!

Medalion

Banned
It occurs to me that this new Zelda is borrowing a lot of elements from current movies

The flying bird sequence from Avatar
Lord Ghirahim reminds me a bit of those effeminate Vampires from the Twilight series

artwalknoon said:
What was his idea? I'm a fan of JW but I don't recall this.

Also in regards to the main theme "secret" I wonder if the "secret composition" will be revealed in the game like some kind of sequence where the hidden music bursts out of the main theme or something. If one morphed seamlessly into the other during a cutscene or boss battle I'd freak out!
Listen to Anakin's theme from Episode I

The secret if you want to spoil yourself is
Skyward Sword theme contains elements of the Zelda's Lullaby, when you play the Skyward Sword theme backwards

Kard8p3

Medalion said:
It occurs to me that this new Zelda is borrowing a lot of elements from current movies

The flying bird sequence from Avatar
Lord Ghirahim reminds me a bit of those effeminate Vampires from the Twilight series

Ok I'll take the name debbie over comparisons to twilight. The only time the word twilight should be brought up in a zelda discussion is if we're talking about twilight princess.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
BY2K said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZ5diS2aIM

I wonder if Ghirahim is getting more hype than Skyward Sword itself.
Both he and this vid were pretty fabulous. I like him. I can't make a final judgment of whether he'll be a good villain or not, but I like what I've seen so far.

Half of it is his animations and his fighting style for me, personally.

Medalion said:
NO. :mad:

BY2K

Membero Americo
Kard8p3 said:
Ok I'll take the name debbie over comparisons to twilight. The only time the word twilight should be brought up in a zelda discussion is if we're talking about twilight princess.

That won't do, when I have a conversation about Zelda, the simple mention of "When I played Twilight, I..." at work would immediately attract some random fangirl going "OMG, there's a Twilight game!?".

- Yeah, you know, on the Wii and Gamecube? Pretty good Zel...
- Oh, I thought you were talking about Twilight, the books.
- Go...away...

watershed

Banned
Medalion said:
Listen to Anakin's theme from Episode I

The secret if you want to spoil yourself is
Skyward Sword theme contains elements of the Zelda's Lullaby, when you play the Skyward Sword theme backwards

I just listened to anakin's theme and of course I noticed the similarities particularly at the end but not much else. Is there more? I came across this discussion through google, is this what you are referring to?http://www.naboonline.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-358.html

We are woefully off topic btw :)

BY2K said:
The hype is always rising. That's how a Nintendo game works.

EDIT: There isn't any hi-res pictures of the Gold Wiimote in the OP, so here's one:

C5gid.jpg
I'm still wondering if they're going to pair it with a gold nunchuck.

It would look really stupid with a white one.

$200

Banned
BY2K said:
That won't do, when I have a conversation about Zelda, the simple mention of "When I played Twilight, I..." at work would immediately attract some random fangirl going "OMG, there's a Twilight game!?".

- Go...away...

Actually, why isn't there a Twilight game? Easy money + expanding the market...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
$200 said:
Actually, why isn't there a Twilight game? Easy money + expanding the market...
Because the fighting scenes in the novels are terrible/nonexistent. But this game is fine: http://youtu.be/3SikAR5PWjY. They at least have the Scene It: Twilight game. Actually, Twilight isn't too popular lately among my friends. It probably has to do with the lack of movie/book releases or stars to swoon over. They'll probably start caring when the next movie is released.

Anyway, Twilight Princess is the superior game with "Twilight" in the title.

Gravijah

Dark Schala said:
Because the fighting scenes in the novels are terrible/nonexistent. But this game is fine: http://youtu.be/3SikAR5PWjY. They at least have the Scene It: Twilight game. Actually, Twilight isn't too popular lately among my friends. It probably has to do with the lack of movie/book releases or stars to swoon over. They'll probably start caring when the next movie is released.

Anyway, Twilight Princess is the superior game with "Twilight" in the title.

Twilight kind of ruined the word twilight forever. Well, until everyone forgets about the series again.

Boney said:
I'll do what I want!
You have problem!?

I have ninety nine problems, Boney. But you aren't one.

Kard8p3

BY2K said:

- Go...away...

Something very similar to this happened with my cousins girlfriend. We were talking about twilight princess but all she heard was twilight so she just started talking about random parts of twilight while the two of us just stared and then walked away.

Hypatia said:

That's what I was thinking as well. ALttP had a lot of extra items (OoT had a lot of items in general) I'd like for more fun side items like that to be available.

I've heard this a few times on GAF but I'm not 100% sure of it's authenticity but apparently the medallions the sages gave you were supposed to work similarly to the ones in ALttP. It'd be cool if they made a come back in another game.

daffy

Banned
BertramCooper said:
I'm still wondering if they're going to pair it with a gold nunchuck.

It would look really stupid with a white one.
They already confirmed that they won't. Something about it being "too much gold" for families or something.

They should bring back the Pegasus Boots as an upgrade to double his stamina meter. Combine that with Roc's feather/cape for super long jumping action.

Top Bottom