• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword E3 trailer

Boney said:
you know what was awesome in TP?

Dat sexy animation link had whenever he uh put the sword away

You know what was even more awesome?

The return of bomb arrows. Why the fuck did it take so long to get them back?

Kard8p3

Big One said:
Also on picking older songs and orchestrating them, I hope the choices are more interesting than the usual and not just songs from OoT. Zelda's Lullaby is a must, understandably, but there's a tons of sources they could take from. Just imagine entering a dungeon and a remix of the Great Temple theme from Zelda II is the main song for it. Something like that would be unexpected and epic.

I'd like to hear an orchestrated version of the lost woods theme from link to the past. I don't think it's been in another zelda game since then and I really liked it. I'd like to hear the song of healing too.

Gravijah

SirSwirl said:
It would be cool to have a Spirit Tracks remix in there.

I know I know, just dreaming

It's a great dream to have. Spirit Track has one of the (if not the) best themes in the series.

Poyunch

_Alkaline_ said:

That stuff is broken. A bomb? ON AN ARROW!?!?!! Get that overpowered shit out of here.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
_Alkaline_ said:

You know what would be even more awesome? Getting a lot more creative uses for bomb arrows and other types of arrows. TP played around with it a bit, but really didn't plumb the idea to its fullest.

Kard8p3

_Alkaline_ said:
Sometimes I feel like back in 2006 I was stuck in a vortex where Twilight Princess was an awesome game.

It was a pretty cool vortex.

I still live in such a vortex

*looks over at his club nintendo twilight princess poster*

The_Technomancer said:
You know what would be even more awesome? Getting a lot more creative uses for bomb arrows and other types of arrows. TP played around with it a bit, but really didn't plumb the idea to its fullest.

Needs Flaming Bomb Arrows of Light. OHKO or your money back.

Unless I'm crazy, I don't remember any ammo counters for any of the weapons (bombs, arrows, slingshot) in any of the e3 demos. Does that mean its out? If so, good. Either that or bring back rupees as ammuntion, like in the first game.

Boney

Banned
_Alkaline_ said:

oh yeah that was hype!

loved doing that in LA, felt like a true badass

Poyunch

The_Technomancer said:
Weren't they optional? I thought it was just a neat nod that had some useful uses. I don't remember any point in the game where it was mandatory to use.

_Alkaline_ said:

...Huh? Where were they before Twilight Princess?

Bomb arrows are great, though. In a way, they're like an entirely new item, but it's also useful in regular combat and in the overworld. Something that quite a few TP items can't claim, unfortunately.

Why would you do that? said:

Bomb arrows are great, though. In a way, they're like an entirely new item, but it's also useful in regular combat and in the overworld. Something that quite a few TP items can't claim, unfortunately.
Link's Awakening, you could plant a bomb and shoot it with an arrow to carry the bomb, or put a bomb in one item slot and the bow in the other and press both to launch a bomb arrow.

Why would you do that? said:

Link's Awakening

The_Technomancer said:

Implementing elemental arrows would have been perfect for TP, since the bow is the only thing outside the Sword to be truly useful in general combat.

I miss freezing enemies and then shattering them with a hammer. :(

BY2K

Membero Americo
artwalknoon said:
I found this in the Latest Iwata Asks:

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/4/6

I find this reassuring because just last week there was a quote about only "some" of the music being orchestrated whereas this quote already suggests more orchestrated music than the galaxy games.

So the first quote about "having more orchestrated songs than any other games in the SERIES", was wrong, then. (It isn't very hard to beat.)

But having more orchestrated songs that, say, Mario freaking Galaxy 1 and 2, THAT's reassuring.

Fuck that Nintendo website that shall not be named. (Where I got the quote from.)

BY2K said:
So the first quote about "having more orchestrated songs than any other games in the SERIES", was wrong, then. (It isn't very hard to beat.)

But having more orchestrated songs that, say, Mario freaking Galaxy 1 and 2, THAT's reassuring.

Fuck that Nintendo website that shall not be named. (Where I got the quote from.)

Told you you were reading too far into it.
:p

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.livewii.fr/news/158953-Zelda_%3A_Skyward_Sword_pour_le_25_novembre_%3F

Alors que nous venons tout juste d'apprendre la date de sortie officielle de Xenoblade Chronicles, c'est un autre mastodonte Wii qui pourrait bien s'être trouvé une place dans l'agenda quelque peu vide de la console de Nintendo. En effet, selon certains revendeurs dont un qui nous a contacté, The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword serait prévu pour une sortie le 25 novembre prochain.

Translation:

"While we just learned the official release date of Xenoblade Chronicles, it's another Wii Mastodon that could find itself a place in the slightly empty agenda of the Nintendo console. According to several retailers including one that contacted us, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword would be scheduled for release on November 25th."

Note: This concerns the Euro release.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I just realized something. Hajime Wakai is the sound director for SS. I was under the accidental impression that this meant he was the lead composer, but what if that's not the case? Super Mario Galaxy had a sound director too, but Yokota and Kondo were the only ones that made any music. Hype rising again? :O

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oblivion said:
I just realized something. Hajime Wakai is the sound director for SS. I was under the accidental impression that this meant he was the lead composer, but what if that's not the case? Super Mario Galaxy had a sound director too, but Yokota and Kondo were the only ones that made any music. Hype rising again? :O

The hype is always rising. That's how a Nintendo game works.

EDIT: There isn't any hi-res pictures of the Gold Wiimote in the OP, so here's one:

C5gid.jpg

BurntPork

Banned
BY2K said:
http://www.livewii.fr/news/158953-Zelda_%3A_Skyward_Sword_pour_le_25_novembre_%3F

Translation:

"While we just learned the official release date of Xenoblade Chronicles, it's another Wii Mastodon that could find itself a place in the slightly empty agenda of the Nintendo console. According to several retailers including one that contacted us, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword would be scheduled for release on November 25th."

Note: This concerns the Euro release.
That means 27th for US, most likely.

BurntPork

Banned
BY2K said:
Unless Nintendo wants to sell it on Thanksgiving, which is, the 25th.
Thanksgiving it the 24th. Besides, NoA has been releasing everything on Sunday as of late.

Spike said:
More like the 20th. They always release their big holiday game the week of Thanksgiving/Black Friday.
Yeah, this hit me shortly after making that post.

The_Technomancer said:
Well yeah, they slowly lost every person who actually cared about Nintendo enough to give intelligent coverage or think critically about their games. Casssamavania's departure was the beginning of the end.

WTF. People did nothing but bitch about Cassamasina when he was there.

Anth0ny

BY2K said:
The hype is always rising. That's how a Nintendo game works.

EDIT: There isn't any hi-res pictures of the Gold Wiimote in the OP, so here's one:

C5gid.jpg

hey guys, in case you didn't know, the wii motion plus is INSIDE. Just thought I'd point that out.

Top Bottom