• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword E3 trailer

farnham

Banned
Jaded Alyx said:
No, that would be Midna.
yeah midna.. :D
-PXG- said:
Reverse that. It's a "good" game, but a mediocre Zelda game. At least to me.

TP was hardly dark. Compared to MM, it's very shallow. Link gets turned into a Wolf. Midna is an imp. Zant (and Zelda at the end) are Ganon's puppets. There was nothing deep (relative to the series that is) in that game, besides the hinted affection that Minda has towards Link at the end.
okay so now zelda has to be dark to be good ?

-PXG- said:
Majora's Mask was creepy and by far the darkest game in the entire franchise. The whole game was about the perpetual cycle of impending doom, , torment, suffering, dispair and hopelessness. Wind Waker was about a boy who was uninterested and reluctant to go on an adventure. His only motivation at first was to save his sister. Inspite of his overt jealously, I had sympathy for Ganon at the end of the game. Wind Waker shed a lot of new light on what seemed like a bloody thirsty killer. TP did nothing for me. It didn't take the series in a new direction.

MM was creepy and all but in the end the game had 4 dungeons that were well designed in some parts but imo convoluted and the whole game had control issues (especially the goron parts)

windwaker had great storytelling but once again the overworld was boring (yet impressive) but cmon 10 minutes of sailing without anything noteworthy in sight..... the dungeons were really shallow and the triforce quest was just a chore (i kinda enjoyed the idea of getting treasure in the sea like that. but it felt like they just wanted to skip dungeons)

-PXG- said:
It was half assed in the sense of trying to be more mature, but ended up being shallow, yet overwrought, by rehashing past mechanics with a horrendously unfocused and unappealing artistic style.

EDIT

I NEVER want to see a "realistic" or "mature" Zelda. I don't ever want it to be compared, at least visually, to Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls or the Witcher. Making it so would just dumb it down and blend it in with everything else. It would accomplish nothing besides, "Oh look, we took something that was once iconic and unique and made it homogeneous as fuck"

all you talk about is the artistic style or tone of the storytelling

and i kinda agree with you there

but that alone does not make a game. especially a game like zelda that is mostly gameplay focused.

sure i do remember the moon comming down to the earth or link and aryll rejoicing about their reunion and stuff like that a lot more vividly then what ive seen in TP

but the dungeons and the enjoyment of gameplay was higher in TP then any other zelda before except lttp

Kard8p3

farnham said:
Oots controls are way clunkier then TPs controls

They refined the controls a lot in windwaker and TP perfected the control scheme imo.

Yeah now they just need to perfect the hud. Having it cover the whole right side of the screen isn't for the best.

I feel like Zelda is too "gimmicky" honestly the more games are released.

Travel gimmicks
Item gimmicks
Location gimmicks
Dungeon and Item Reward gimmicks
Body transformation gimmicks

They need to go back to the roots of the game, somehow make it where you can go into any dungeon at any time, only to realize that you cant go any further without an item. Not every item that you find in the latest dungeon should aid in slaying the boss. The townspeople give only slight hints as to where to travel etc.
This is what made the first Zelda so great, and since OOT, I only feel like they make it too easy. This time for SS there will be an emphasis on combat, and while that could be a great thing, I don't think it's what will make a great game. It will be a piece, but it will not be the whole.

Kard8p3

Nostalgic Nightmare said:

Travel gimmicks
Item gimmicks
Location gimmicks

They need to go back to the roots of the game, somehow make it where you can go into any dungeon at any time, only to realize that you cant go any further without an item. Not every item that you find in the latest dungeon should aid in slaying the boss. The townspeople give only slight hints as to where to travel etc.
This is what made the first Zelda so great, and since OOT, I only feel like they make it too easy. This time for SS there will be an emphasis on combat, and while that could be a great thing, I don't think it's what will make a great game. It will be a piece, but it will not be the whole.

Problem is a good deal of modern gamers wouldn't be able to handle it. In the OoT3D thread there are some that have talked about the game not painting a clear enough picture of where you need to go next.

I do like what they're doing with the overworld in SS. The overworld is apparently alot like a dungeon (like most of the 2D games) so that probably work as a piece to your puzzle.

Screenboy

Nostalgic Nightmare said:

Travel gimmicks
Item gimmicks
Location gimmicks

I agree, I just want a massive, compelling Zelda world that is full of action and racks my brains on a regular basis.

Kard8p3 said:
Problem is a good deal of modern gamers wouldn't be able to handle it. In the OoT3D thread there are some that have talked about the game not painting a clear enough picture of where you need to go next.

Really?
Well I guess it's different times. What scares me is with games becoming easier and marketed towards all ages, how the hell do they justify selling those game strategy guides?

-PXG-

farnham said:
yeah midna.. :Dokay so now zelda has to be dark to be good ?

MM was creepy and all but in the end the game had 4 dungeons that were well designed in some parts but imo convoluted and the whole game had control issues (especially the goron parts)

windwaker had great storytelling but once again the overworld was boring (yet impressive) but cmon 10 minutes of sailing without anything noteworthy in sight..... the dungeons were really shallow and the triforce quest was just a chore (i kinda enjoyed the idea of getting treasure in the sea like that. but it felt like they just wanted to skip dungeons)

all you talk about is the artistic style or tone of the storytelling

and i kinda agree with you there

but that alone does not make a game. especially a game like zelda that is mostly gameplay focused.

sure i do remember the moon comming down to the earth or link and aryll rejoicing about their reunion and stuff like that a lot more vividly then what ive seen in TP

but the dungeons and the enjoyment of gameplay was higher in TP then any other zelda before except lttp

1) Of course not, but if you're going to attempt to make it dark, then make it so. It was shallow. The game had darker color tones and ummm.....a dark world. Nothing about the plot was substantially grim or sinister.

2) I will admit that Wind Waker was too easy in some respects but unnecessarily tedious in others. Sailing was a chore. And those Triforce pieces...kill me now. It goes without saying how great the art was. The characters were the most lively and expressive in any game in the franchise.

3) It must be me. Sure, TP had all sorts of new items and gadgets but the dungeons themselves (in terms of visual motifs, difficulty, pacing and exploration) aren't memorable at all. There isn't one dungeon that makes me say "Wow, I loved how it looked" or "Man, that was hard" or "I really want to revisit _______ and go through it again" Everyone has a love/hate relationship wit OoT's Water Temple. Personally, I love the Spirit Temple, mainly for its music and just how different it is from the rest of the game. It was fairly linear, and quite easy, but I thought it was neat how would had to explore it as both a child and adult. Plus, at the time, Twinrova was an interesting boss. Bongo Bongo was/is the best. Stone Tower from MM is probably my favorite dungeon in the whole series. Two songs, the ability to turn the entire level upside down and, of course, Twinmold.

TekkenMaster said:
Zelda 1 style open world plus Skyward Sword combat = my dream game

My dream Zelda:

Majora's Mask + Wind Waker's art direction + Skyward Sword's control scheme + orchestral soundtrack.

Jackano

From Iwata ask:
Kondo:

The sound director is (Hajime) Wakai-san.26 The core staff is a few people in the Software Development Department at the head office. And Yokota-san and one other person from Tokyo are involved.
26. Hajime Wakai: Software Development Department, Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo. He has worked on the sound for many games, including Star Fox 64™, Pikmin™, The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker™ and nintendogs™.

This is a great new here. I love Hajime Wakai, his work for StarFox 64 and Pikmin is awesome. Great to see they build up a very strong team for SS music. I hope somehow Kazumi Totaka is in too.

Also, with the music material already released, it seems we can guess the new strange instrument that Link will use. Anyone have a good ear to tell us what it is?

Kard8p3

Jackano said:
From Iwata ask:

This is a great new here. I love Hajime Wakai, his work for StarFox 64 and Pikmin is awesome. Great to see they build up a very strong team for SS music. I hope somehow Kazumi Totaka is in too.

Also, with the music material already released, it seems we can guess the new strange instrument that Link will use. Anyone have a good ear to tell us what it is?

It's the Lyre zelda has in the cutscene we've seen of her. We know this because in the GDC trailer you can see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TojcKpf4Nqs

You can see it assigned to up on the d-pad in certain parts of the video.

I'm replaying Twilight Princess right now, and the game gets entirely too much hate around here. Two things are apparent- that this is one of the best Zelda games ever, and the formula is getting a bit well-worn. It's not tired, old, or broken, in fact it's as great as ever, it's just very familiar to anyone that's been doing this for 20 years like myself. Every Zelda game has many strengths, and not really what I would call "weaknesses", but elements that previous Zeldas did better.

Strengths-

-Pacing and variety. This is a big element of TP that is always overlooked. Whether you think calling them "setpieces" is heresy or not, the first half of the game has sections where you're protecting a horse-drawn carraige from enemy fire, flying a giant bird up stream via mind control, and sumo-wrestling Gorons. If these were done poorly, perhaps they could be dismissed as "gimmicks" or "mini-games", but they add to the experience tremendously and break up the "dungeon"-interlude-"dungeon" structure which could become menotnous. In the second half of the game, the pacing falls into just that, but its hit a nice stride by that time. MP3:Corruption did this as well, and it worked great in that game too.

-The wolf form. I'm beginning to understand Aunoma's mantra about having "different ways of exploring the environment". I really enjoy exploring places as a wolf and having a completely different set of abilities and limitations. It forces you to think differently and enables you to take different routes and have different experiences using the same architecture.

-Midna. The best developed character in the series' history. She begins by using Link like a tool and then believably the two start to trust each other and form a strong bond. She's funny, sassy, likable, strong, obnoxious, noble, and desperate- a complex character that you as the player grow to love.

-The dungeons- TP fights A Link to the Past for best in the series in my mind. Those arguing about key placement are stuck on the little details and missing the big picture. For example: The Lakebed Temple is probably the best "water" dungeon in the series- the idea of rerouting water flow is a lot more interesting and thought provoking architecturally than simple changing it up and down. The game has by far the best "first dungeon" of any Zelda title as the monkey recruiting gives it a unique vibe and strategy much as Snowpeak did with its soup ingredients. Arbiter's Grounds and City in the Sky are near the top of the list of Best Dungeons in the series simply for their awesomeness. Plus there's 9 of them, nothing feels half-assed or cut.

-New additions to old items and new items. A boomerang that creates tornadoes. Iron Boots that are used on magnetic surfaces. Combining bombs with arrows for long distances. A hookshot that lowers and retracts. Part of what makes the first few dungeons so wonderful is these great evolutions- using an old friend in a new way. I fear SS's iterations will be boring in comparison.

A Mixed Bag-

-The art style- Nintendo knows how to make art compliment or make up for technology, and TP's art builds on the engine's strengths- lighting and water effects. Remember the second TP trailer? The Twilight Realm looked like a cloud of soot and smog. The revamped twilight realm is beautiful and many of the game's cutscenes take place with dusk level lighting. However, this art style also has some drawbacks. The textures look rough when environments take a turn for the huge, and some of the characters look a bit weird...like Beth.

-The overworld. I personally enjoy it, because even though it is a bit empty at times, there's quite a lot of hidden caves, heart pieces, and golden insects. The world lulls you into a false sense of security by not throwing a lot in your face, which becomes deceiving as there's really there's a lot to find. Though it has its strengths, i do think that a bit more could've been done at times, a few interesting elements could've been added in the fields. The towns in particular could be better- Castle Town is wasted and i would've like to see Kakariko rebuild itself and change a little as the game progressed. This would give the feeling of a world that was alive and moving.

-The music- By no means bad, but far behind Ocarina or Wind Waker. A few standouts like Midna's Lament and some remixes of Saria's Song are quite nice.

The bad-

-The plot- It's pretty straightforward and kind of dies down after Arbiter's Grounds. I would've like it to go somewhere really interesting like "OMG! Hyrule is beneath the Ocean!" but it never really does. Midna's paralysis halfway through is probably the most interesting turn of events. Besides the late reveal of Midna's true identity, the game needed something else- maybe some kind of kick to tie it into other Zeldas. The end of WW had some great speeches from the King and Ganondorf, and TP just doesn't compare.

-Characters not named Midna- Zant is pretty ambiguously badass, but then when you get to know him he just becomes a nut. The game tries to make you care about the kids from Ordon, but it doesn't really succeed. Ilia in particular is cold as an amnesiac, and then once you help her regain her memory, there's not much payoff. This is a wasted opportunity. I really like Telma though.

-NPCs- The inhabitants of Hyrule are the least interesting and well developed of the 3D Zeldas, with Majoras Mask taking that prize, with WW in 2nd and OOT in 3rd. As I said before, I would love Castle Town and Kakariko to be a bit more lively and with some more intimate personality.

-Rupees, rupees, rupees- the game throws rupees everywhere, from caves to explore to dumb little chests right in front of your face in dungeons. Then they use this to move sidequests forward, such as rebuilding the bridge to castle town, but i feel there should've been a more interesting way of doing this.

Overall, TP is one of the meatiest and most polished and complete Zelda experiences, without the gaping holes of WW or the underdeveloped ideas of say, Phantom Hourglass. It is not the most unique, as it for all intents and purposes, a direct sequel to OOT. 100 years is nothin' over a timeline that probably spans millenia. You get a feeling of deja vu because you are literally revisiting the same places that have changed quite a bit in a century, but retained some of their vibe. While the world could've been more dynamic and the plot more twisty, Midna, the wolf/twilight mechanics, the greatly designed dungeons, revamped items, and epic and varied set pieces create a great Zelda game. Some of the other elements could've been stronger, but they still have their own moments. Twilight Princess's personality is not as creepy as MM or as charming as WW, but it is still an epic and dark tale.

Gravijah

-PXG- said:
My dream Zelda:

Majora's Mask + Wind Waker's art direction + Skyward Sword's control scheme + orchestral soundtrack.

I think at this point my dream Zelda would be a completely new top down 2D Zelda in the style of ALTTP and LADX.

farnham

Banned
-PXG- said:
3) It must be me. Sure, TP had all sorts of new items and gadgets but the dungeons themselves (in terms of visual motifs, difficulty, pacing and exploration) aren't memorable at all. There isn't one dungeon that makes me say "Wow, I loved how it looked" or "Man, that was hard" or "I really want to revisit _______ and go through it again" Everyone has a love/hate relationship wit OoT's Water Temple. Personally, I love the Spirit Temple, mainly for its music and just how different it is from the rest of the game. It was fairly linear, and quite easy, but I thought it was neat how would had to explore it as both a child and adult. Plus, at the time, Twinrova was an interesting boss. Bongo Bongo was/is the best. Stone Tower from MM is probably my favorite dungeon in the whole series. Two songs, the ability to turn the entire level upside down and, of course, Twinmold.
yeah thats where i dont agree

every TP dungeon was incredibly well made and memorable to me
especially
the aforementioned manor
the twilight realm, which was a dungeon built around a giant hand trying to get back a giant ball
the sky city for obvious reasons
the arbiters grounds which has the best boss fight ever and is itself an awesome dungeon

the only dungeon i found a bit on the shortside was the temple of time

farnham

Banned
eatyobeans said:
I'm replaying Twilight Princess right now, and the game gets entirely too much hate around here. Two things are apparent- that this is one of the best Zelda games ever, and the formula is getting a bit well-worn. It's not tired, old, or broken, in fact it's as great as ever, it's just very familiar to anyone that's been doing this for 20 years like myself. Every Zelda game has many strengths, and not really what I would call "weaknesses", but elements that previous Zeldas did better.

Strengths-

-Pacing and variety. This is a big element of TP that is always overlooked. Whether you think calling them "setpieces" is heresy or not, the first half of the game has sections where you're protecting a horse-drawn carraige from enemy fire, flying a giant bird up stream via mind control, and sumo-wrestling Gorons. If these were done poorly, perhaps they could be dismissed as "gimmicks" or "mini-games", but they add to the experience tremendously and break up the "dungeon"-interlude-"dungeon" structure which could become menotnous. In the second half of the game, the pacing falls into just that, but its hit a nice stride by that time. MP3:Corruption did this as well, and it worked great in that game too.

-The wolf form. I'm beginning to understand Aunoma's mantra about having "different ways of exploring the environment". I really enjoy exploring places as a wolf and having a completely different set of abilities and limitations. It forces you to think differently and enables you to take different routes and have different experiences using the same architecture.

-Midna. The best developed character in the series' history. She begins by using Link like a tool and then believably the two start to trust each other and form a strong bond. She's funny, sassy, likable, strong, obnoxious, noble, and desperate- a complex character that you as the player grow to love.

-The dungeons- TP fights A Link to the Past for best in the series in my mind. Those arguing about key placement are stuck on the little details and missing the big picture. For example: The Lakebed Temple is probably the best "water" dungeon in the series- the idea of rerouting water flow is a lot more interesting and thought provoking architecturally than simple changing it up and down. The game has by far the best "first dungeon" of any Zelda title as the monkey recruiting gives it a unique vibe and strategy much as Snowpeak did with its soup ingredients. Arbiter's Grounds and City in the Sky are near the top of the list of Best Dungeons in the series simply for their awesomeness. Plus there's 9 of them, nothing feels half-assed or cut.

-New additions to old items and new items. A boomerang that creates tornadoes. Iron Boots that are used on magnetic surfaces. Combining bombs with arrows for long distances. A hookshot that lowers and retracts. Part of what makes the first few dungeons so wonderful is these great evolutions- using an old friend in a new way. I fear SS's iterations will be boring in comparison.

A Mixed Bag-

-The art style- Nintendo knows how to make art compliment or make up for technology, and TP's art builds on the engine's strengths- lighting and water effects. Remember the second TP trailer? The Twilight Realm looked like a cloud of soot and smog. The revamped twilight realm is beautiful and many of the game's cutscenes take place with dusk level lighting. However, this art style also has some drawbacks. The textures look rough when environments take a turn for the huge, and some of the characters look a bit weird...like Beth.

-The overworld. I personally enjoy it, because even though it is a bit empty at times, there's quite a lot of hidden caves, heart pieces, and golden insects. The world lulls you into a false sense of security by not throwing a lot in your face, which becomes deceiving as there's really there's a lot to find. Though it has its strengths, i do think that a bit more could've been done at times, a few interesting elements could've been added in the fields. The towns in particular could be better- Castle Town is wasted and i would've like to see Kakariko rebuild itself and change a little as the game progressed. This would give the feeling of a world that was alive and moving.

-The music- By no means bad, but far behind Ocarina or Wind Waker. A few standouts like Midna's Lament and some remixes of Saria's Song are quite nice.

The bad-

-The plot- It's pretty straightforward and kind of dies down after Arbiter's Grounds. I would've like it to go somewhere really interesting like "OMG! Hyrule is beneath the Ocean!" but it never really does. Midna's paralysis halfway through is probably the most interesting turn of events. Besides the late reveal of Midna's true identity, the game needed something else- maybe some kind of kick to tie it into other Zeldas. The end of WW had some great speeches from the King and Ganondorf, and TP just doesn't compare.

-Characters not named Midna- Zant is pretty ambiguously badass, but then when you get to know him he just becomes a nut. The game tries to make you care about the kids from Ordon, but it doesn't really succeed. Ilia in particular is cold as an amnesiac, and then once you help her regain her memory, there's not much payoff. This is a wasted opportunity. I really like Telma though.

-NPCs- The inhabitants of Hyrule are the least interesting and well developed of the 3D Zeldas, with Majoras Mask taking that prize, with WW in 2nd and OOT in 3rd. As I said before, I would love Castle Town and Kakariko to be a bit more lively and with some more intimate personality.

-Rupees, rupees, rupees- the game throws rupees everywhere, from caves to explore to dumb little chests right in front of your face in dungeons. Then they use this to move sidequests forward, such as rebuilding the bridge to castle town, but i feel there should've been a more interesting way of doing this.

Overall, TP is one of the meatiest and most polished and complete Zelda experiences, without the gaping holes of WW or the underdeveloped ideas of say, Phantom Hourglass. It is not the most unique, as it for all intents and purposes, a direct sequel to OOT. 100 years is nothin' over a timeline that probably spans millenia. You get a feeling of deja vu because you are literally revisiting the same places that have changed quite a bit in a century, but retained some of their vibe. While the world could've been more dynamic and the plot more twisty, Midna, the wolf/twilight mechanics, the greatly designed dungeons, revamped items, and epic and varied set pieces create a great Zelda game. Some of the other elements could've been stronger, but they still have their own moments. Twilight Princess's personality is not as creepy as MM or as charming as WW, but it is still an epic and dark tale.
ilia is such a let down in comparison to malon, marine or cremia/romani

-PXG- said:

You seemed to be more interested in the aesthetics and how it feels, whereas I tend to focus on the architecture and how it is set up, such as Lakebed's water rerouting. There's nothing wrong with that, in fact those elements can be all the more memorable, but to me it's the meat and potatoes of how it is set up and how you interact with it that leave the impression. I thought Snowpeak was the most aestetically pleasing TP dungeon, as the Yetis were in love and it just gave it a warm feeling amongst the snow which was sort of serene. City in the Sky is still my favorite though. I just love the hookshot, and TP made it even better and gave you TWO of them, turning Link into a virtual Spiderman. I still can't get over how awesome it is.

farnham

Banned
eatyobeans said:
You seemed to be more interested in the aesthetics and how it feels, whereas I tend to focus on the architecture and how it is set up, such as Lakebed's water rerouting. There's nothing wrong with that, in fact those elements can be all the more memorable, but to me it's the meat and potatoes of how it is set up and how you interact with it that leave the impression. I thought Snowpeak was the most aestetically pleasing TP dungeon, as the Yetis were in love and it just gave it a warm feeling amongst the snow which was sort of serene. City in the Sky is still my favorite though. I just love the hookshot, and TP made it even better and gave you TWO of them, turning Link into a virtual Spiderman. I still can't get over how awesome it is.
that whole dungeon is just awesome

its a great story in itself

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
I think at this point my dream Zelda would be a completely new top down 2D Zelda in the style of ALTTP and LADX.
But LTTP and LA are very different :/

But it needs to go back to top down foh sure. Just like Mario did.

Boney

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Then you'll love Super Mario 3DS!

edit: Stupid Boney taking my joke! >:O
respect-reggie.jpg

The Lamp

TPs dungeons were easy as piss and uninspired compared to Ocarina of Time. WW was easy but its dungeons involved coop between characters and a culmination of utilized tools and weapons you acquire throughout the game. TPs dungeons were usually too linear as well.

Dr.Hadji

The Lamp said:
TPs dungeons were easy as piss and uninspired compared to Ocarina of Time. WW was easy but its dungeons involved coop between characters and a culmination of utilized tools and weapons you acquire throughout the game. TPs dungeons were usually too linear as well.

I would love to see you reason out why TP dungeons are any more linear than OOTs or especially WWs. Go ahead.

gillFTR

Is anyone like me when you get excited seeing skyword sword mentioned, but then you remember thats its all wii motion + and lose all interest?

The Lamp

Dr.Hadji said:
I would love to see you reason out why TP dungeons are any more linear than OOTs or especially WWs. Go ahead.

Im on my phone so I won't elaborate much but in TP I felt like I naturally arrived to each key item and location with no real fuss or thought about it. It felt like I was on a conveyor belt until the dungeon ended. Ocarina of Time made me stop and think about my next move and look around in almost all the dungeons. The only time I felt like TP asked any real thought ot of me was the sky temple.

Poyunch

BY2K said:
http://www.ign.com/blogs/videogameworld/2011/06/16/big-news-about-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword

What the hell is this? The title seemed encouraging, but it's just paragraph and paragraph of whining about the motion-control. And you guessed it, the guy got floored by Ghirahim because he waggled.
IGN's Nintendo coverage has been mostly turrible for quite a while. Not surprising. Really hope IGN in general gets their stuff together because the site's on a very bad path.

kunonabi

TP had better dungeons, better music, and a better story and characters.

It still suffered from quite a bit of annoying crap that oot started: pitiful difficulty, terrible overworld, and no beam sword but it was definite step in the right direction. I played OoT at launch and I just hated it. I've softened since but I still like the least of the Zelda series. I've gone over my gripes with Oot in like two other threads so I'm not going into more detail here. I'm tired of talking about and I'm positive people are tired of hearing about it.

MM and Wind Waker I did not play at launch and I played both after TP. That said I still like TP better than both of them. Really my only problem with WW was the Triforce quest which was much, much worse than people made it out to be.

Varjet

kunonabi said:
Really my only problem with WW was the Triforce quest which was much, much worse than people made it out to be.
That could have been a really fun quest if there would have been more parts like the ghost ship. Sadly, most of it ended up being just "go through some rooms and beat up dudes".

Gravijah

gillFTR said:
Is anyone like me when you get excited seeing skyword sword mentioned, but then you remember thats its all wii motion + and lose all interest?

Would you rather it be Wii Motion (there is a pretty good chance Motion+ will be bundled with the system and if not, they aren't expensive anyway) or no motion?

Neo Child

Banned
Varjet said:
That could have been a really fun quest if there would have been more parts like the ghost ship. Sadly, most of it was just "go through some rooms and beat up dudes".

I must have been the only person who enjoyed the TriForce quest. Wasn't too difficult, get to explore (loved the sailing) and killed lots of enemies (sweet).

BY2K

Membero Americo
My favourite part of the Triforce Quest was the multi-floor enemy mayhem thing on the Outset Island.

I love those kinds of things and it was pretty intense at times.

farnham said:
ilia is such a let down in comparison to malon, marine or cremia/romani

Marin was terrible, but Ilia somehow manages to be even worse.

They need to banish her from Zelda lore and never, EVER bring her back.

Cygnus X-1

DeathbyVolcano said:
*enters to see Twilight Princess hate*

*goes to play Twilight Princess because fuck you, it's an amazing game*

Technically, artistically, details-wise: yes, it is.

But how in the world do you find an excuse for the terrible midis, the broken-rupee rewarding system, the linear utterly boring storyline, the absence of side-quests, the limited-to-a-single-dungeon-items, the pathetic role of Ganondorf and the no-strategy-is-needed-to-destroy bosses?

The game is worth only because of the greatly designed dungeons, the fantastic environments, the variety of enemies and the gameplay.

Again: Nintendo did an amazing technically job. They took Ocarina of Time's stamp and made a larger, longer and more detailed game. Too bad they forgot everything else. Sure, the result wasn't totally crap, because the original stamp was too great.

Hey guys you know what the best part about the triforce quest was? Stopping by every golden ring and waiting for the same long animation to complete to see you if get a rupee, boots, or a shard. YIPPIEEEEE

Top Bottom