• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword E3 trailer

BY2K said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZ5diS2aIM

I wonder if Ghirahim is getting more hype than Skyward Sword itself.
:lol :lol This guy sure is getting famous!
and more fabulous~!

Medalion said:
Lord Ghirahim reminds me a bit of those effeminate Vampires from the Twilight series
I don't really see the resemblance (I just checked a twilight trailer on YT, not interested in the series itself).
The closest i can think of is Orochimaru.

Kard8p3

SilverLunar said:
:lol :lol This guy sure is getting famous!
and more fabulous~!

I don't really see the resemblance (I just checked a twilight trailer on YT, not interested in the series itself).
The closest i can think of is Orochimaru.

Who's Orochimaru?

Medalion said:
It occurs to me that this new Zelda is borrowing a lot of elements from current movies

The flying bird sequence from Avatar
Lord Ghirahim reminds me a bit of those effeminate Vampires from the Twilight series

Listen to Anakin's theme from Episode I

The secret if you want to spoil yourself is
Skyward Sword theme contains elements of the Zelda's Lullaby, when you play the Skyward Sword theme backwards
LOL borrowing? How old are you? These features you speak of have been done before those series. Neverending story, nausicaa of the valley of the wind, dozens of fantasy novels, david bowie, orochimaru from naruto, freeza, that one guy from the rocky horror movie, etc.

Yeah, Skyward Sword seems to have care and drive behind it. The two DS games were definitely influenced by fads, though. I mean, you were partying with Jack Sparrow in Phantom Hourglass, and playing Densha de zzzzzzzzzzzz in Spirit Tracks.

Gravijah

Linkzg said:
Yeah, Skyward Sword seems to have care and drive behind it. The two DS games were definitely influenced by fads, though. I mean, you were partying with Jack Sparrow in Phantom Hourglass, and playing Densha de zzzzzzzzzzzz in Spirit Tracks.

Well yeah, but Ocarina of Time was influenced by the huuuuuuge wind instrument craze going on in Japan at the time. They took a minor item in ALTTP and made it the central item.

Gravijah said:
Well yeah, but Ocarina of Time was influenced by the huuuuuuge wind instrument craze going on in Japan at the time. They took a minor item in ALTTP and made it the central item.

Is this where I'm supposed to say Tapion from Dragon Ball Z movie 13 was the inspiration for Link? because Link doesn't have a bitchin mohawk (yet)

wait, what fad was Tingle based on?

Gravijah

Linkzg said:
Is this where I'm supposed to say Tapion from Dragon Ball Z movie 13 was the inspiration for Link? because Link doesn't have a bitchin mohawk (yet)

Cyberpunk Link will have a mohawk and it will be awesome.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Linkzg said:

rip taylor

tumblr_kry9eaz1GQ1qzbvcio1_400.jpg

Tarin02543

I have a deep fear that the exploration in SS will only consist of flight segments between island hubs, there will not be an overworld like hyrule.

Linkzg said:

OOT link borrowed from DBZ TRUNKs I mean they both have the hair style where theres a split in the middle and they travel in time. oh yeah and they have swords. derp.

watershed

Banned
Gravijah said:
Cyberpunk Link will have a mohawk and it will be awesome.
Whenever possible I make all my game characters have a mohawk (DQ9 and Mass Effect iirc) so if Nintendo went ahead and did it for me I'd be over the moon. Then all Link would need is a sword that doubles as an electric guitar and triples as a rifle. GOTY material right there.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Gravijah said:
Totally watched that episode with my brother over the weekend. Too bad he missed out on those episodes since he wasn't born yet, he was stuck with the in Space/Lost Galaxy stuff.
The Green with Evil episodes were the BEST--even better when since I was watching them with a bunch of cousins around my age cheering and jeering at the screen back in 1993, lol. And the Green Ranger theme is some cheesy fun.

All Link needs is a Dragonzord and we're in business. Also, a flute that sounds like a trumpet which harmonizes by itself for some reason. Though, Fierce Deity is kind of like a White Tigerzord... I guess?

Kard8p3

Tarin02543 said:
I have a deep fear that the exploration in SS will only consist of flight segments between island hubs, there will not be an overworld like hyrule.

Island hubs? There do seem to be little islands spread around the sky but there is an overworld beneath the clouds. Even if the parts under that clouds aren't interconnected there should still be a good amount of exploration in each section.

Poyunch

Actually imagining Link fighting in a Megazord for the final boss sounds amazing.

Also all this Power Ranger talk makes me want a new History of Power Rangers Retrospective. ;_; Linkara get on it, man!

The Lamp

Didn't want to start a new thread about this but I found Four Swords Adventures GCN at a local store for $18. Is it worth buying? I avoided it as a kid because I thought it was stupid and cheap for it to have SNES/GBA graphics, but I'm a different gamer these days and I've heard it was really good. How long is it? Is it better to play by yourself? Can you play with multiple players with GCN controllers instead of GBA/GCN connection?

Poyunch

The Lamp said:
Didn't want to start a new thread about this but I found Four Swords Adventures GCN at a local store for $18. Is it worth buying? I avoided it as a kid because I thought it was stupid and cheap for it to have SNES/GBA graphics, but I'm a different gamer these days and I've heard it was really good. How long is it? Is it better to play by yourself? Can you play with multiple players with GCN controllers instead of GBA/GCN connection?
Nope, sorry.

Gravijah

Sn4ke_911 said:
When i was a kid i owned this and the white rangers sword.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/ZeroXOmega/SabaSword1a.jpg[img]

Shit was awesome.[/QUOTE]

I think I only had the White Rangers sword as a kid. Can't really remember... Prettttttty sure my friend had the dagger/flute though.

Hypatia

Kard8p3 said:
Who's Orochimaru?
09508e5ae94c751275855321ad56f8d93f4114c9.jpg

Creepy Naruto villian.

Lord_Byron28 said:
That's what I was thinking as well. ALttP had a lot of extra items (OoT had a lot of items in general) I'd like for more fun side items like that to be available.

I've heard this a few times on GAF but I'm not 100% sure of it's authenticity but apparently the medallions the sages gave you were supposed to work similarly to the ones in ALttP. It'd be cool if they made a come back in another game.

Man I'd've loved that. The three goddess' magics were cool but I'd love more magical attacks in Zelda.

Especially if they were useful during combat as well as puzzles. And didn't pause the game like Dins Fire but were rather extensions of sword combos.

But yeah I love side items. <3

The Lamp said:

YES YES YES! Four Swords is AMAZING with friends.

Be warned though; it's not like your standard Zelda. Theres no overworld to move between (there is a menu though). Each level is self contained. You dont get to keep items you find beyond each level and you can only carry one item at a time. And if you complete a level without the minimum amount of shards you get sent back to the beginning to get the rest.

But yeah, if you can get the tech together and play it with a couple of friends it's brilliant fun. Perfect blend of competitive/co-operative gameplay. Pretty long too.

It's fun on it's own too but it's such a vastly superior experience with friends that it's hard to recommend as a purely single player experience.

Now I remember how dissapointing it is that only one Wii U controller works with a console... we could've had more Four Swords ;__;

Cygnus X-1

-
Despite this, though, the game progresses in a somewhat similar fashion to a previous Zelda title. "The game starts in Skyloft, this city that's floating in the air, and you'll come back to this town multiple times," Aonuma said. "Things are always proceeding along in town, and in that respect it's very much like Majora's Mask. Like with Majora, there are a lot of game events involving the townspeople that get intertwined with the main story. Link, Zelda and their other friends all go to the same boarding school, and you've got teachers and a principal as well. It's a bit of a different setting from previous Zeldas."

YES!

Dark Schala said:
The Green with Evil episodes were the BEST--even better when since I was watching them with a bunch of cousins around my age cheering and jeering at the screen back in 1993, lol. And the Green Ranger theme is some cheesy fun.

All Link needs is a Dragonzord and we're in business. Also, a flute that sounds like a trumpet which harmonizes by itself for some reason. Though, Fierce Deity is kind of like a White Tigerzord... I guess?

OMG I think I just had an orgasm. Brought back so many beautiful memories. I remember I used to RUN home from school everyday to watch power rangers.

unifin

Dark Schala said:
An overwhelming sense of appreciation for Koji Kondo.

NfeZE.png

And the clock bling he wears is totally inspired by Flavor Flav. :lol

Holy crap, I made that photo on the IGN boards like 7 years ago when I was in high school.

/nostalgia

Poyunch

I hope the kids don't join up together and defeat the big baddy together. That's just too much cheese for me.

Also the game looks so much crisper when it's direct feed. :eek:
Hvkss.jpg

BurntPork

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
I hope the kids don't join up together and defeat the big baddy together. That's just too much cheese for me.

Also the game looks so much crisper when it's direct feed. :eek:
Hvkss.jpg
It would only make sense that they'd try to protect Skyloft from the weaker enemies while Link fights the big daddy baddy, though.

Top Bottom