• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks | officially announced. THIS YEAR

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Regulus Tera said:
Didn't this place exist in the middle of the sea in The Wind Waker?
So, that means that ether the sea drained again, they figured out they could live in the area under the ocean, or Nintendo decided to spite us and our logic and timelines.

gogojira

So just to be clear, are there any pre-order or day one benefits to buying Spirit Tracks in North America outside of the feather stylus thing I already got from E3?

zigg

gogojira said:
So just to be clear, are there any pre-order or day one benefits to buying Spirit Tracks in North America outside of the feather stylus thing I already got from E3?

Wait, is that even coming to NA? I thought it was for Japan only.

(I got mine from a survey)

gogojira

zigg said:
Wait, is that even coming to NA? I thought it was for Japan only.

(I got mine from a survey)

I might be mistaken, maybe the stylus isn't even coming. That's pretty weak if we get nothing, I was really hoping for the little figures.

zigg

gogojira said:
I might be mistaken, maybe the stylus isn't even coming. That's pretty weak if we get nothing, I was really hoping for the little figures.

I would have loved those, but it seems it was not meant to be. Reggie hates us.

gogojira

zigg said:

Well, at least he made sure we got Fatal Fra...

I mean, Disaster: Day of...

I mean, Trace Mem...

I mean, Soma Bring...

Wait, what is it that NoA does?

Poor assumption. There are enough references by the Gerudo in that game to make clear that it's a new Ganondorf, born of their every-100-years prophecy, who has broken their rules and been shunned by their people.

Well, everything you said there is true of OoT's Ganondorf too IIRC. I took the liberty of looking up the game script on GameFAQs, and no, there weren't any references that even hint at him being a new Ganondorf. (Come to think of it, it's really a pity we never see him ingame in Gerudo form, that could have cleared up a lot).

He [...] is promptly sealed away in the Four Sword.

Now that I did forget about, and thanks for reminding me. I suppose that conclusively disproves the possibility that FSA might be 'OoT Ganondorf's younger years', and makes me even more convinced that he's in fact the Ganondorf from the other branch of the timeline.

Back on topic: I just preordered Spirit Tracks. I'm still a bit short on cash (due to having to buy a new computer this June) but I reckon I can just about manage one more game.

zigg said:

No way! You tell that to my extremely large Metroid Prime Trilogy t-shirt that I can never wear in public due to fear of embarrassment!

Very excited for this game. Aside from the repetitive temple nonsense, I loved PH. I had just gotten my DS a few weeks before release, and I thought the game was the perfect showcase for me.

Unless I'm dead broke due to holiday shopping, Day 1

I always just assumed that Four Sword games were just in a completely different universe and timeline than the "main" Triforce and Master Sword stuff, since they seemed to share no real connections at all.

theluma

x5wn88.jpg

Awesome.

Magypsy23

Banned
The Spanish site revealed the bad guy's name.

La valiente pareja consigue llegar hasta el tren de Link, pero de camino, les asaltan unos delincuentes que atacan a Zelda y se llevan su cuerpo. Por suerte, su espíritu consigue escapar y acompaña a Link hasta la torre, donde Radiel les confiesa la terrible verdad:
Mallard
va a escapar de su prisión y pronto volverá a asolar la tierra.

edit: I took a look at the UK site and they seem to have translated 神の塔(lit: Tower of the Gods, same name as the WW one) to Tower of Spirits. Other versions seem to have kept the original name.

La Torre de los dioses
Turm der Götter
Tour des dieux
La Torre degli Dei

What gives?

Jocchan said:
Looks like
young Niko is on a ship, you can see the sea behind him by the way. I believe it's him... which would also mean Anjean is Tetra

If Niko has lived through 2 Links, where did the first Link go again, or did he die of old age?

zigg

Jason's Ultimatum said:
If Niko has lived through 2 Links, where did the first Link go again, or did he die of old age?

My money's on running into him at some point during this game.

Akai

zigg said:
My money's on running into him at some point during this game.

That'd completely ruin the on-going theme that
Link is essentially the same spirit reincarnated over and over to battle the forces of evil

wRATH2x

Banned
Akai said:
That'd completely ruin the on-going theme that
Link is essentially the same spirit reincarnated over and over to battle the forces of evil
They already ruined the theme
for Zelda, so why not go 2 for 2?

Magypsy23

Banned
http://kotaku.com/5405658/nintendo-talks-mario-multiplayer-and-keeping-zeldas-secrets

Kotaku said:
I related to Fils-Aime the discussion that the blog Press The Buttons started regarding the different box art for Spirit Tracks in Europe, Japan and America. For the American gamer, the box is darker and Link looks a bit tougher than he does on the package being sold in other regions.

"We just thought the package art we developed with [Nintendo's Japanese headquarters office] NCL that highlights the train and highlights the Phantom… was a great representation of the game," he said. Does it show that Americans want a tougher, more aggressive Link? "Not at all," he replied. But he did note that he was proud that Zelda sells more copies these days in the U.S. than in other regions, meaning Japan and Europe.

82l.jpg

Still hate it.

Hobbun

colinp said:
Damn, the EU/JPN box art is really cool.

Ultimately who gives a damn though.

I really don't care about the box art, either. But what annoys me a bit is that is what is being pushed for NA in their exclusive.

EU gets a nice tin box with figure and Japan gets a feather stylus. We get....different box art.

Yay..

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
gogojira said:
Well, at least he made sure we got Fatal Fra...

I mean, Disaster: Day of...

I mean, Trace Mem...

I mean, Soma Bring...

Wait, what is it that NoA does?
They gave us Excitebots.

colinp

Banned
Hobbun said:
I really don't care about the box art, either. But what annoys me a bit is that is what is being pushed for NA in their exclusive.

EU gets a nice tin box with figure and Japan gets a feather stylus. We get....different box art.

Yay..

Yeah that's ridiculous. I wonder if the figure and feather stylus will end up being a Club Nintendo goody.

Hobbun said:

Yay..

Yeah that does suck, Nintendo shuns us

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hobbun said:

Yay..
That's what happens when your region is the best seller of a game I guess

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
AniHawk said:
Wow. That was pretty good. Yeah, it was kinda like the Majora's Mask and Born to Play commercials in one. I'm used to the ultra casual commercials Nintendo does these days, so regressing to something darker and more artsy is kinda weird to see.
I'm shocked and glad they didn't opt for the "have a celebrity play the game ackwardly" commerical again.

Magypsy23 said:
Zelda's face is creepy.
CG Zelda has always been creepy. I don't know why they use it commercials so much.

Top Bottom