• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #1 |OT| - thread of MOC'ery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have clearly been missunderstood, I was thinking to vote for the set within the voting thread.

so when you give your contest votes (in a few days) you also add what set you would like for the next competition.

2 more days before the competition closes.

joelseph

Got to be real here, that damn crab is so cash. Mr. Legostein is looking down from heaven saying "this SillyEskimo dude knows whats up".

I have clearly been missunderstood, I was thinking to vote for the set within the voting thread.

so when you give your contest votes (in a few days) you also add what set you would like for the next competition.

2 more days before the competition closes.
Haha, I was about to vote last night but then it didn't seem to make sense to do this separately now, so I re-read your post.
Going to vote for 6912

RayStorm

I tried to use as many parts as possible... seems so wasteful otherwise:

FOLup.jpg

wGM7n.jpg

YKCfk.jpg

de6gX.jpg

ghxvu.jpg

cm4ub.jpg

And the prototype alongside a mobile control tower:

tdSeQ.jpg

OT updated,
contest is nearing the finish line, I'm excited to see the outcome of what is to come :)

with the voting on the entries I would suggest we add a voting for our preferred next model.
So everyone just posts the number of the set they would most like to see as the basis for the next entry and that will then be considered when the second contest is started.

hoping for this one since it's one of the few creator kits I can find in my country and because I just bought one. I had to pass on current challenge because creator kits are hard to find in my local toy store.
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Dune-Hopper-5763/dp/B004478GFQ
lego-5763-creator-dune-hopper-2.jpg

mrkgoo

I had a think about i, regarding combining sets... Maybe allow people to use a previous sets pieces aswell. You might say that goes an advantage to those who have e previous set.... Yes, it does! Why not reward people who have been playing along? And thhere's no stopping anyone from buying the original set as well if they so wish.

Not to mention I think people will see a good model when they see it, regardless of number of pieces.

And it doesn't have to be every time, or even the next time. Just every now and again to mix things up.

wetwired

Not sure if I'll make a submission in time, I had those 3 WIP I posted a few pages back but I dunno if any are worth pursuing further :(

wetwired

I'd submit batman but I didn't take a photo of the spare pieces before I dismantled it and I dunno if I'll have time to remake it.

nny

Finally done, didn't think I was going to make it! Here it is my lawnmower:

DSC07891.jpg

DSC07897.jpg

DSC07901.jpg

DSC07900.jpg

DSC07899.jpg

DSC07890.jpg

(in the back that's the bag where the cut grass is collected)

DSC07889.jpg

Remaining pieces:

DSC07885.jpg

I'll try to take better pictures tomorrow, with natural light. Added!

Finally done, didn't think I was going to make it! Here it is my lawnmower:

DSC07891.jpg

DSC07890.jpg

DSC07884.jpg

(in the back that's the bag where the cut grass is collected)

DSC07889.jpg

Remaining pieces:

DSC07885.jpg

I'll try to take better pictures tomorrow, with natural light.

Sir, you have my vote.

This is the most original MOC of the thread so far.

FnordChan

Belatedly, here's my entry. I'm afraid that, given a set of pieces like this, years and years of conditioning with the classic Space Lego line demands that I create a spaceship of some sort. So, here's the Space Hog:

FC-Lego-01.JPG

Two front pieces rotate up for no particularly good reason:

FC-Lego-02.JPG

That is a sophisticated space engine part and not a steering wheel, I swear:

FC-Lego-03.JPG

The ever-popular side-view:

FC-Lego-05.JPG

Here's the ship being piloted by the Lego B-Boy, with the optional sound system component installed:

FC-Lego-04.JPG

The remaining part:

FC-Lego-06.JPG

My apologies for the rough quality of the photos!

FnordChan

oh yea, I have one to show too :)

I think it will make sense to make a new thread for the voting tomorrow, and only the voting.
all discussion to stay here.

Cool. And I have multiple alt builds to post. Some I thought about using as official, but I figured my living room set was different enough to stand out.

Tried and failed to recreate the unsteady pendulum from Iron Man 2 before making a fairly mundane skidoo type ice-vehicle. Main feature being a fair bit of SNOT connections to allow for a secondary detachable sledge (in case of crashes :p).

Side View - note space for two mini-figs
VHRDp.jpg

Close up of drivers side to highlight wheel, and door mechanism
sABCO.jpg

Close up of front skid (which forms the detatchable sledge) + engine block. Smooth top and bottom. Mechanism locking sledge to main body in bg
vTJOT.jpg

Rear details - twin exhausts, etc
uDrpY.jpg

Releasing the locking mechanism for the sledge
GXpoV.jpg

Sledge (upside down at this point) seperated from main body
EQ2IK.jpg

Sledge in final usable form
wfS0h.jpg

Remaining parts - forgot to photograph, about 20? Mainly the long grey plates and the large white plate

mrkgoo

ah what a bummer, sorry about that.
we might consider a different approach next time,
these wip or non-entries are kinda pointless imho.

The photography assignment threads were designed to not allow non-entry photographs simply to avoid cluttering the thread, and making it easy for the collator to collect the entries.

Editing a post would constitute a changed entry. People can always link to other work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom