• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

Via Brickset, the exclusive minifig packaged with the LEGO Movie (3D edition) blu-ray is Vitruvius from the prologue.

X8XM4lK.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Awesome, I dig it. So pleased it's not another Emmet. I am definitely going to get the BRD now.

Vitruvius is a hard minifig to get, only available in the more expensive sets. I bet a lot will hop on.

Thanks ! I've been eyeing it up since it hit the stores. The line up of mini-figs is awesome. The only Avenger I'm missing now is Black Widow. Is she in an other set besides The Quinjet?

You're approaching that question from the wrong angle.

The correct phrasing is, "Is it true that not only is the Quinjet amazing, but it actually comes WITH Black Widow?"

My wife was out today and picked up the new Batman/steamroller and Batman/Riddler/Flash sets.

I finished Palace Cinema last night. I really loved the build. Tonight is boats and Batman!

Thanks ! I've been eyeing it up since it hit the stores. The line up of mini-figs is awesome. The only Avenger I'm missing now is Black Widow. Is she in an other set besides The Quinjet?

Well...

Bad news, no. Good news, you get to buy the Quinjet!

The correct phrasing is, "Is it true that not only is the Quinjet amazing, but it actually comes WITH Black Widow?"

This is the right way to look at it.

Quinjet is just an incredibly pleasing looking device.

Not only is it incredibly pleasing visually, but it is awesome to put together, and the "SWOOSH" factor, a very important part of ships and planes in LEGO, is set to 11.

I just ordered Fierce Flyer and Metalbeard's Duel from Amazon.

It begins.

Welcome to the ABS Abyss of LEGO Addiction.

No. Black Widow minifig and The Quinjet will only get more expensive once the set is no longer available at retail stores. You can wait until the next Avengers movie. LEGO will definitely do some sets based on it. I can't imagine LEGO not doing another Black Widow and the minifig changing too much.

Via Brickset, the exclusive minifig packaged with the LEGO Movie (3D edition) blu-ray is Vitruvius from the prologue.

X8XM4lK.jpg

3D Edition ONLY? Sadness, I hope it is a 3D/2D version because I don't do 3D.

Received our Mindstorms EV3 box yesterday, and got through Mission 1 of putting R3PTAR together last night. Going to finish it up tonight, and get started on the programming.

Having the instructions and 3D modeling on the iPad as you go through it is invaluable. Not sure how we'd get through it without!

I'll definitely pick up the collectors edition of the film then.

I cannot express how cool the Quinjet is. It really is a good price if you can get it at RRP.

http://www.qwertee.com have a cool everything is awesome Lego t shirt. It's only available up to 11:00pm UK time tonight so be quick if you want it.

neonglow

X8XM4lK.jpg

Here's another source with a bit more info. I wonder if 6 pieces means legs, torso, head, hair, beard and robe. It sounds like no staff.

I'm happy to report that Warner will have a Collector's Edition and are considering calling it the "Everything is Awesome" edition. I took a little survey and that was one of two choices considered, the other simply being the Awesome edition.

The CE looks like it will have a little 6 piece lego set of Vitruvius, and a "Bonus 3D edition + Tons of extras". Not sure why the 3D version is merely a "bonus". This could all just be preliminary stuff though.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=8950263&postcount=111

Finally found the Tumbler polybag at local Target.

Thanks for the heads up. I found it at my Target here in the west coast. They definitely weren't there a little over a week ago.

I like this one much better than the previous Batmobile polybag.

EDIT: There definitely seems to be a lag from first reports of people finding polybags in the store. I find this to be the case with TRU as well. I wonder if it works it's way from east to west or something.

I started building Green Grocer with two friends, with everything mixed. It takes forever to pick out pieces and we only made about 80% of the first floor in two hours, but it's looking good so far. So, so many vegetable pieces in the store. Finally I find a use for all that crap.

Thanks for the heads up. I found it at my Target here in the west coast. They definitely weren't there a little over a week ago.

I like this one much better than the previous Batmobile polybag.

EDIT: There definitely seems to be a lag from first reports of people finding polybags in the store. I find this to be the case with TRU as well. I wonder if it works it's way from east to west or something.

I am in Pacific Northwest, and there is a slight lag for sure. LEGO store guys told me that we get stuffs a little later because they all coming from the eastcoast (PA I think he said). But someone here report they found in So.Cal earlier last week but that also the norm, usually So. Cal will get stuffs sooner than here also. It was the same way when I was collecting toys.

I think these are put out by LEGO rep since all the pegwarmer Chima and Galaxy Squad were all replaced by the Bat Tumbler bags.

edit: Every time I see that black Batman figure, I can't help but hear "I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey" in my head. Damm you LEGO movie.

I love the wheels on the Tumbler and now I have the urge to build Wetwired's version (download the instruction that someone link a few pages back). Curse you plastic demon. I am curious how solid is that rumor on the UCS version.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I bought an extra quinjet at TRU. They price matched me down to $60, which was cool. Also got that big blue Creator 3-in-1 plane (31011 I think) for $30 at walmart last night.

In other news, I now have minifig series 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, and Movie, all complete! Just need 8 and 1.

And I guess since this is my first post in this thread, my other lego accomplishments are:
Every single Lego Movie set (incl. Sea Cow), promo item (incl. all promo minifigs & polybags), and minifig. I also have a near-complete collection of every single Creator 3-in-1 set. Also a near-complete set of Batman sets (post ~2009), iron man, and Spider-Man. I've got two modular buildings (grand emporium and firehouse), and the Simpsons house. I have a bunch more I'm not mentioning, but that's a lot of it.

Also, I only started collecting about 3 months ago, lol.

I bought an extra quinjet at TRU. They price matched me down to $60, which was cool. Also got that big blue Creator 3-in-1 plane (31011 I think) for $30 at walmart last night.

In other news, I now have minifig series 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, and Movie, all complete! Just need 8 and 1.

And I guess since this is my first post in this thread, my other lego accomplishments are:
Every single Lego Movie set (incl. Sea Cow), promo item (incl. all promo minifigs & polybags), and minifig. I also have a near-complete collection of every single Creator 3-in-1 set. Also a near-complete set of Batman sets (post ~2009), iron man, and Spider-Man. I've got two modular buildings (grand emporium and firehouse), and the Simpsons house. I have a bunch more I'm not mentioning, but that's a lot of it.

You must be rich! Welcome to the thread where we like to throw away our money.

Helpful hints on Series 1.
Build-A-Minifig (BAM) in LEGO stores sometimes have parts from the LEGO minifigs. They are mostly out, but my LEGO store found some BAM parts sitting in storage a few months ago. You may get lucky.
There are also some alternative variations of Series 1 minifigs with different colors and/or prints. Brown suit zombie. Red wrestling guy in The LEGO Movie set.

This set gives you 2 series 1 minifigs.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Brick-Calendar-853195?fromListing=listing

EDIT: This is a Series 1 clown variation also still available, but is on clearance. Soon to be gone.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Minifigure-Birthday-Set-850791?fromListing=listing
850791-1.jpg

who did they match with? I need to start checking my local Toys R Us to see if they have any now

mrkgoo

Never bought any Chima sets before, but just got the Legend Beast Gorilla set.

This is a pretty cool set.

I didn't even like the Cat and Mouse creator set, which I bought based on recommendation from users here. It made me think I didn't like animal sets, but this Chima one is very cool.

I bought the Eagle one and will gift it to my wife when she gets home.

That one looks cool too.

These are cheap, and a bit more substantial than a mixel set, but also uses the new elements (presumably). Very posable, and very stand-up-on-your-desk-able as well.

Even if you don'y like the Chima range, these just make for cool animals. I didn't use the stickers, but it came with a printed face.

Tuvoc

Bad news, no. Good news, you get to buy the Quinjet!

Welp, I guess I'm getting the Quinjet. I've been eyeing it for some time. I've just been waiting for a good price. Sadly, I've already missed a lot of good opportunities.

Ryuuroden

Wal Mart here had a ton of sets on "clearance." And by "clearance", I mean marked down 5-15% off MSRP. Yeah, that $10 off Jabba's Sail Barge sure is a deal. (rolls eyes)

Walmarts been pulling that shit in my area for like over a year now so that I stop even going there looking for LEGO.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ooh! Look what I found tonight!
Got an email from TRU saying it was in stock but when tried to click the email link or search for it on their site I couldn't find it.

Hope I can use the 20% off coupon in it tomorrow when I search for it at my local store.

Swear to god if I go in and they tell me it's a "hot price item" and won't accept the 20% i'm gonna break some shit! :p

*edit* (3 hours later... wow no posts since then?): Found Shredder's Lair on ebay from TRU... those assholes... they aren't putting it on their website cause they don't want people getting this new item for 20% off.... sigh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Ninja-...02636?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item27e0b23fac

Zerojul

Wow ! I only got this in 3 months :
I thought my addiction was bad but yours is quite something too, congratulations :)
Found Shredder's Lair on ebay from TRU... those assholes... they aren't putting it on their website cause they don't want people getting this new item for 20% off.... sigh
That's disgusting. Assholes indeed.

Zerojul

Those are excellent choices! Congratulations on going broke. Looks like around 2 grand MSRP. O_O

Thanks ! I got a nice 30% off on the smaller sets thanks to my GF's job so that's something. Some of the bigger sets were gifts (christmas and valentine's day). My GF paid for half of the Tower Bridge and Simpsons house because she likes the models and wanted to build them with me. But that's still insane and I'd rather not know exactly how much I spent ;)

I've spent about $500 the last 2 weeks on Lego, but I feel it winding down a bit in the forseeable future. I'm trying to build them as we get them and so far so good on that front!

Good sales go a long way with this hobby.

Got an email from TRU saying it was in stock but when tried to click the email link or search for it on their site I couldn't find it.

Hope I can use the 20% off coupon in it tomorrow when I search for it at my local store.

Swear to god if I go in and they tell me it's a "hot price item" and won't accept the 20% i'm gonna break some shit! :p

Yeah, I signed up for the email notification when it came in stock and never got one. Imagine my suprise when I saw it sitting there when I stopped by randomly on my way home from work looking for WWE Slam City figures.

Sadly my wife has a cold and I didn't have time to put it together last night. Hopefully tomorrow...

ooer, I do like that different coloured shredder, god dammit lego, I thought I was done with TMNT

Yeah, TMNT wave 2 is totally unimpressive. I need to find the Karai bike set, but that's about all I want. There's one other set I might get for the little Kraang ship it come with, but I'm not really feeling any of the main builds.

This Shredder set is top notch though. This is definitely going to be the centerpiece of my TMNT display.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm with you on the whole TMNT wave 2 being unimpressive. From the POV of builds... i 100% agree. I do like some of the new minifigures though. I actually like the Turtle Sub build, even though it didn't get used much in the show... it's much better than the Playmates version of the sub they released a few weeks back.

I'm tempted to skip Shredder's lair since I have all those minifigs, but I do like that more accurate colored Shredder. This is why I"m only buying it when/if I can get it on discount. If I can use the 20% coupon on it... I'll bite. Heading into TRU today.

Not a fan of how they did the robotic foot soldier... I guess it's better than just a repaint of the basic foot...

Zerojul

I'm with you on the whole TMNT wave 2 being unimpressive. From the POV of builds... i 100% agree. I do like some of the new minifigures though. I actually like the Turtle Sub build, even though it didn't get used much in the show... it's much better than the Playmates version of the sub they released a few weeks back.

I'm tempted to skip Shredder's lair since I have all those minifigs, but I do like that more accurate colored Shredder. This is why I"m only buying it when/if I can get it on discount. If I can use the 20% coupon on it... I'll bite. Heading into TRU today.

Not a fan of how they did the robotic foot soldier... I guess it's better than just a repaint of the basic foot...

I'm a total TMNT noob so I may say something really stupid here, but I think that the future sets (from the next movie if I'm not mistaken) look somewhat better from what little info/pictures we have. I might consider getting them if they turn out ok and the minifigs are good, but that's too early to tell I guess.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm a total TMNT noob so I may say something really stupid here, but I think that the future sets (from the next movie if I'm not mistaken) look somewhat better from what little info/pictures we have. I might consider getting them if they turn out ok and the minifigs are good, but that's too early to tell I guess.

My hope for the upcoming film is dim, but I agree the sets look nicer. They remind me more of the Avengers or Man of Steel movie sets, so that's good. Even if the film is terrible I'm sure I'll want the sets.

I hope the shredder minifig can live up to this design. This is the film version of Shredder.

If Sauron and the 1990 movie Shredder somehow merged... it might look something like that!

Anyone think getting Dol Guldor set now us better than waiting for a further drop? It's been on sale for $51 for a while and dipped to $49 once.

I don't know if I should wait for another drop or grab it now.

Rootbeer

Banned
Got Shredder's Lair at TRU using 20% off coupon. Only three were on shelf. Case I'm not the last crazy person who wants this set :p

Left work sick, so stopped by TRU on the way home and grabbed three more Mixels. I now have all the red and yellow ones, and want to make the Max Mixels. These lil guys are so awesome.

Top Bottom