• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamutPT

Grabbed K-2SO from the Star Wars Buildable series for Rogue One. Don't usually enjoy them but, just like Grievous, this one looks simply amazing.

Yeah, that's pretty much the best set vs arguably one of the worst. Doesn't mean cinema is bad, just that the bar is that high.

I think the interior of cinema is pretty bad coming from Town Hall. It's basically two rooms and a staircase. It's pretty clear that they wanted to go for flashy exterior as a corner set.

Kyari

Oh, I thought people had already decided that the lineup in that pic was fake, but if we're back to feeling its legit that's cool. A little disappointed if that's the actual lineup.

Shame I didn't save the larger version of it.

Edit: didn't realise new superhero sets had leaked, cool!

Double edit: Lego group issuing takedowns against the image ghostmind linked so .... maybe confirmed?

Nitemare1

Grabbed K-2SO from the Star Wars Buildable series for Rogue One. Don't usually enjoy them but, just like Grievous, this one looks simply amazing.

I was literally coming to post this exact thing. I only bought Grievous out of the first batch and saw K-2SO in the store today and had to buy him. They need to do more of the buidables based on the droids of the star wars universe. Hes so awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/Qg89ATz.jpg

I had to enlarge it as original photo is too small. I don't believe it's legit, but I would love to see a Catman (I'm guessing) on bottom right and Clock King. Is there a bunny character like in the photo in Batman universe? I know there is a White Bunny.
Clock King is plausible using Gingerbread man mould. Red Hood is plausible using the new Mr. Freeze mould.
WTF is the chef character? Is that supposed to be Chief O'hara? Kinda looks like Chief Wiggums. Is that supposed to be King Tut from TV show next to brown bunny? Who the heck is the blockhead guy?

EDIT: Ah, got some possible answers from Eurobricks.
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/ind...tman-movie-setcmf-rumors-discussion/&page=124

1 - Tooth Fairy Batman
2 - ?
3 - Glam Rock/ Kiss-style Batman?
4 - Caveman Batman?
5 - Excalibat (from Dimensions)
6 - Duck Floaty Batman
7 - Chef Disguise Joker
8 - Harleen Quinzel (from Arkham set?)
9 - ?
10 - Barbara Gordon?
11 - Inmate Joker (from Arkham)
12 - Boxing Batman (from Batcave)
13 - ?
14 - Clock King
15 - Red Hood
16 - Orca?
17 - Eraser
18 - ?
19 - March Har(riet)
20 - Catman

This set:

LEGOMarvelFeature.png

Good, ok, bad? Is it suppose to compliment the Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle is some way?

Osahi

The Resistance Troop Transport finally arrived. Going to build it (at leats partialy) today allready.

The box was a bit banged up though, resulting in a minor crease in the sticker sheet :(

The Resistance Troop Transport finally arrived. Going to build it (at leats partialy) today allready.

I'm still trying to figure out how to display it. I absolutely love the ship but need to come up with a clever stand.

I need to post updated pictures of my LEGO setup. We're having our main floor gutted right now so all of the Modulars have been brought down to the basement. We're also having some work done in the basement so my building area has been moved into my "display" area. The downside of this is that my wife has realized just how much LEGO is in the house now....

Good but not great. The Doc Ock fig is great, and the mech is able to be posed a bit. I liked the play feature of turning the knob on top to spin the arms around.

Agreed. I still don't know who White Tiger is but the fig is well done. The Dock Ock and Vulture figs are terrific classic villains too. The mech is an interesting design but was a very quick "break down" for me.

Came out a bit dodgier than I expected but...

Rocksteady and Beebop!

As always, these look great Wet. Nice work.

Are the Speed Champions sets any good? I'm thinking to collect the cars. Anyone have any feedback on these?

I've got both the Audi releases and really like them. That red Ferrari truck was really well received but I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I suspect time is running out on that one.

Osahi

I was planning to do the Resistance Troop Transport in two parts (first 2 bags to day, the rest tomorrow. But the build was so damn good I did it in just one sitting. This thing just keeps throwing clever techniques and suprises at you. It's brilliant! I was even suprised at how easy the stickering went, because most of them are square. Even the cockpit stickers weren't a big deal as you could line them up easily thanks to the print. Only one I had a some trouble with were the 'tailfins'.

I didn't like the look of it beforehand, but seeing it in person, my opinion about it has shifted a lot. It's a really cool, bulky thing.

I'm still trying to figure out how to display it. I absolutely love the ship but need to come up with a clever stand..

I just displayed it in landing mode, with the door down and troopers and Leia coming out, while Ackbar is just sipping a Frap at the command console inside.

If there's one thing I would change, is make K-2SO's forearms a bit thicker, but it still looks amazing.
Yeah he's great. Im worried he may be my last Lego constraction figure ever though, because unless there's gonna be another cool star wars droid figure, I'm not sure there will be anything I'm interested in going forward. Haven't bought any of the human sets outside of Darth Vader, and he's half robot

I just displayed it in landing mode, with the door down and troopers and Leia coming out, while Ackbar is just sipping a Frap at the command console inside.

That makes the most sense. My problem is that every other SW ship I have on display is on a stand, so the RTT would look out of place. I may try and come up with a way to have it swooping downward a bit.

Forgive the potato quality, but I'm thinking something similar to the Milano in the background of this pic:

1mE1Avp.jpg

Yeah he's great. Im worried he may be my last Lego constraction figure ever though, because unless there's gonna be another cool star wars droid figure, I'm not sure there will be anything I'm interested in going forward. Haven't bought any of the human sets outside of Darth Vader, and he's half robot

I built him last night and feel the same way. Really enjoyed the build.

BahamutPT

I think C-3PO or a Battle Droid have potential for future figures

Yellow Submarine is up for "preorder" on S@H Europe. I can only buy two of them (I'm not going to risk making two separate orders to get around it), but at least that meant that I get the 2X VIP :D

Oh, and I'll probably go to the store in person to get another eventually.

Ok, quick decision time LegoGAF:

75150 Vader's TIE Advanced vs A-Wing Starfighter, for 65 euros, YAY OR NAY?

edit: nevermind, deal's off, they won't ship to my country.

I think it's a sign winnie

Eh, i think you may be onto something here...

Actually i already have a pretty significant order together there but i am holding out to pull the trigger to see which sets i can add that have huge discounts since i am already paying for shipping anyway so anything else is bonus :)

They don't send it to your country? Or is it third party?

Really tempted to get double Vip on Yellow Submarine now...

No it's actually Amazon itself, but that's how they roll sometimes with mainland Europe... Not sure what the actual reasons are since for some sets shipping works, others it won't, and others still are only for Prime members, so screw it, my order is done now. Got a bunch of new Ninjago sets for almost 50% off so i'm happy with that :)))

Koren

No it's actually Amazon itself, but that's how they roll sometimes with mainland Europe...
It may be just me, but I think it happens far more often now... Is it a brexit consequence? With the pound down, uk offers are more interesting even with shipping, and they may try to balance the sales between the outlets?

It may be just me, but I think it happens far more often now... Is it a brexit consequence? With the pound down, uk offers are more interesting even with shipping, and they may try to balance the sales between the outlets?

It's anyone's guess really... but yeah, with current conversion rates things start to get real interesting real soon for us mainlanders :)

I always wondered just WHY UK have such HUGE sales all the time when the most we get on our amazon sites is usually around 30%...

Ponn

Banned
Yellow Submarine is tonight right? I still don't know about this set, very much on the fence. I notice the freebie is only with $50 purchase so with $35 free shipping should be able to get a couple of em.

Yellow Submarine is tonight right? I still don't know about this set, very much on the fence. I notice the freebie is only with $50 purchase so with $35 free shipping should be able to get a couple of em.

I am getting one, no questions asked. Hoping to get in before they turn off double VIP too and double dip on promos. :)

Ponn

Banned
I am getting one, no questions asked. Hoping to get in before they turn off double VIP too and double dip on promos. :)

Yea, it makes sense from a pure value standpoint. If anyone is looking for cheap stuff to throw in your basket tonight S@H has a crapload of Dimensions season 1 stuff for half off including level packs like Dr. Who and Portal for 14.99. Those are worth getting even if you aren't getting into Dimensions before they disappear.

Also Ghostmind or anyone else in the know, those Lego Batman movie sets weren't set to release till the very end of Nov. right? So whats coming out tonight is it till after Brick Friday then right? I'm trying to plan out my freebie get purchases.

Brick Friday will probably be a few baseplates or something since I just ordered Sandcrawler off of Amazon today since it was $60+ off. There are no other sets I am waiting for. But getting some more 48x48 plates will help with other things.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
EDIT: Scrap this question, worked it out.

Straight train track is more expensive than I'd hoped :(

Trying to order the beatles set online and keep getting this error:

Sorry! An unexpected error has occurred. Please call customer service. (code: generic)

mclem

UK heads up: Smyths have the £5-off-£20, £10-off-£50, £20-off-£100 deal up again. Most notable thing I can pick out for now is the Bucket Wheel Excavator which goes down to £130 with these.

(Just realised, that also effectively matches Asda's price on the Porsche)

Classic Batcave works out at £160.

They do also have the Yellow Submarine up for £49.99, so if you can find something very cheap to add to that, you could get it for £40 - although you'll have to collect from a physical store, looks like there's none in stock for online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom