• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems almost every year they come out with a new iteration of the Camper Van.

Man do those next line of Nexo Knights look good, I don't know if I can resist.

Jestro's Volcano Lair FTW!!!

Super Heroes theme very good in this wave. Killing it with the minifig selection and the sets are good to really good.

Thank goodness there is little in other themes that are tempting me. Park with wheelchair and tons of minifigs is a must buy. Lighthouse is very nice, but not a must get for me unless I somehow only go a little over budget (which doesn't really exist yet).

Thanks for posting the photos Ghostmind!

That white house one has to be at least over $100

Robies House was $199 for reference to something a little comparable. 2276 pieces. Let's see what the piece count is for the Capitol building.
That and Buckingham Palace are calling to me, but I know the huge price tags will deter me. I'd rather put that money towards modulars.

http://brickset.com/sets/21010-1/Robie-House

It seems almost every year they come out with a new iteration of the Camper Van.

Man do those next line of Nexo Knights look good, I don't know if I can resist.

Recycle is normal in City theme. That Creator Camper is impressive and by far the best version I've seen in minifig scale.

Gotta get all the Nexo minifigs. Thankfully I'm not too interested in all the sets in the next wave. Jestro's Volcano Lair though...it's HAWT!

EDIT: Oooh...scurrier in black and lava.

Nexo Knights:

C9g7hEv.jpg

QuOqPQA.jpg

YgqS5Nr.jpg

poeYoIu.jpg

TvjsXm0.jpg

nTzfNvk.jpg

TzHcGrP.jpg

EGa6CPW.jpg

8BFXnXf.jpg
Dat hell mouth.

Hagi

Do we have an idea when the Spider-man sets are going to be out? I really want that Ghost Rider. The bridge set would be pretty cool to have as well seeing how it doesn't look like I'll be buying any Star Wars for a while.

Might just be me but the Batman stuff is not good.

Get them started early with the Duplo mech!

zIQUTQ6.jpg

LOL.

I'm an AFOL, but I'm not a AFOD (Adult Fan of Duplo). The prices are way too high and the use of them is limited to a few years. Granted, I do buy the Super Hero ones on clearance or sale for the Duplo figs. :) It's the collector in me.

Wanderer5

Freaking sold on Ghost Rider. Oh man does that set looks really cool, and I guessing it be cheap too.

The lighthouse is looking good, through not grabbing me as much as I hoped. Will keep in mind.

Aw yeah I called it on the Ghost Rider flame piece! Woo!

Of course the ONE cool minifig in the entire Volcano line is only available in the biggest set. God damn it.

Also WTF is with the creator sets having brick bult animals all of a sudden? Friends gets new moulded animal for every wet fart idea that falls out of someone's mouth but Lego Systems proper once again gets boned. I guess it kind of makes sense because those pieces might be used for the variant builds but shit, I want a Lego moose and orca. ):

Also I am in as hell on Jestro's fort. THAT is how you do a volcano playset, thing looks sick as hell. I wonder how much it's gonna be? Looks huuuuge.

Minecraft:

6DJHfkV.jpg

R534ULq.jpg

Ahhh so the castle/fort they showed off before the theme ever came out finally rears its head. Awesome. So glad to finally have a horse.

Edit: WHOA WHOA WHOA is that a Villager minifig I see in the Mincreaft display!? What set does that come in!?!

Of course the ONE cool minifig in the entire Volcano line is only available in the biggest set. God damn it.

Also WTF is with the creator sets having brick bult animals all of a sudden? Friends gets new moulded animal for every wet fart idea that falls out of someone's mouth but Lego Systems proper once again gets boned. I guess it kind of makes sense because those pieces might be used for the variant builds but shit, I want a Lego moose and orca. ):

I actually like the brick built animals. The moose in the cabin set is fantastic. If it was just a mold that would be way more boring.

Koren

I love all the airport stuff. I also have the perfect spot to display it as well, so maybe I'm dip my toes in that theme for the first time since this old treasure:

016.jpg
There's plently of sets I remember fondly of my (far too distant) youth, but this one is at the very least in the top 10, I love it.

I'm somehow happy, because I'm still not excited with a lot of "normal" sets. I spend already far too much on modulars and UCS... Am I the only one that lack of back wall in "normal" buildings is bothering? It' nice when you're playing with those, and I don't expect them to change this since it's aimed at children (although it was already bothering me when I was a child). But I'm still reluctant to buy Temple of Arijutsu which is really nice because I would need to buy two to close it :/

Not until February 1st - presumably they want to focus on post-holiday support.
I see... Thanks. I've used Pick-a-brick a lot;, but never Brick and pieces, I'm curious (especially because I don't understand why there's TWO services).

Ah ok, there you go. Useful piece and the printed pieces are nice.

Oh geez those Super Hero sets. Love those new web pieces. LOVE that Doc Ock mech and so glad we are getting classic Sinister Six figs and not Ulimate versions. Those goblin gliders need work. Ghost Rider and his bike reminds me of that Shredder Bike set from TMNT and I loved that set. I'm lmao though at the street sign build. That is straight up taken from that small TMNT set with Karai almost 1:1.

Loving that Bat Copter, looks menacing as hell. Tractor guy being run down by Scarecrow is hilarious and love that Scarecrow fig. Killer Moth is cool and Blue Beetle is so so good. Bat Tank is hilariously overkill and awesome. I'm not liking that Croc vehicle at all though, it looks stupid and extremely fragile. I've never understood the point of trying to give Killer Croc a vehicle. They were better off trying to give Captain Boomerang a Boomerang jet or something.

What's with Captain Boomerang's hat? I thought they would have used the butcher/ice cream vendor hat in blue.

Also I am in as hell on Jestro's fort. THAT is how you do a volcano playset, thing looks sick as hell. I wonder how much it's gonna be? Looks huuuuge.

Which one is the cool minifig? I didn't bother to check out the minifigs as I had no interest at first look of that theme.

I actually like the brick built animals. The moose in the cabin set is fantastic. If it was just a mold that would be way more boring.

I agree with Chezzy for Creator sets. I do want more moulded animals, but the Creator theme to me is things (other than minifigs) are to be brick built and have parts that can be used to make other creations.

Ponn

Banned
What's with Captain Boomerang's hat? I thought they would have used the butcher/ice cream vendor hat in blue.

They seem to be using Nu 52 Boomerang which has a beanie cap.

Which is still weird because Lego already has a beanie hat accessory and what they are using there looks more like a workers hat. I'm really hoping that is preliminary and they might change it because yea it looks kind of weird. Would prefer the classic Captain with a blue butchers hat though.

ghostmind

Ahhh so the castle/fort they showed off before the theme ever came out finally rears its head. Awesome. So glad to finally have a horse.

Edit: WHOA WHOA WHOA is that a Villager minifig I see in the Mincreaft display!? What set does that come in!?!

That must be from the unannounced set 21128. Weird that they would have a minifig from the set on display, but not the set itself.

Which one is the cool minifig? I didn't bother to check out the minifigs as I had no interest at first look of that theme.

I agree with Chezzy for Creator sets. I do want more moulded animals, but the Creator theme to me is things (other than minifigs) are to be brick built and have parts that can be used to make other creations.

The dude in the full heat suit. He's standing by a lava stream and has some kind of metal-detector looking thing in his hands. Looks kinda like the Hazmat guy but the helmet's different and he's in silver. It looks to me like there's only one of him (I got excited when I saw the pictures of the display because they made a giant brick-built one) and he's positioned with the stuff from the biggest set so looks like I'll be BrickLinking him. Sigh.

That must be from the unannounced set 21128. Weird that they would have a minifig from the set on display, but not the set itself.

Ooooh snap hahaha busted!!

Edit: There's actually two of them! One of them is in the white coat (I think that's a Librarian?) and the other is in normal brown Villager garb standing behind the Enderman.

Damn, if only they'd make a square hat, they could just use the villager head mould to make a Witch and then they'd have every mob from the game except for bats, the underwater ones, and, alarmingly, chickens.

3N16MA

Banned
Something about the park set that I really like. The camper looks nice and a good upgrade over the past sets.

The Spidey bridge set is not as amazing as the hype but much better than some of the previous playsets. It looks like a nice beefy playset and not just an afterthought. More to the set than just the minifigs. Ghost Rider and his bike look great.

Excavator is an absolute beast. I might jump on the Porsche (my first Technic set) depending on the final result but I like what I see so far.

Wanderer5

Is there any mention of the Doctor Strange set at this fair? I going to guess that no pics are allowed for it, given that the movie is still a little while away.

Wanderer5

It might get the Ant-Man treatment. One set and that is it.

Likely I suppose. And sounds like they just have blank minifigures for the display at the moment heh, but not surprising.

And gawd that Ghost Rider. I was expecting worse with the talk about his motocycle being so huge, but it doesn't look that much out of proportion.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Dammit. I like so many of the big sets announced. This is gonna be an expensive year.

Apparently the Star Wars sets got the photo restriction cause of those two sets that based on their new show.:/

So are none of these photos are "leaks" then? Some people on a fourm i go to are calling them leaks and 'not allowed by lego'. And therefore arent allowing them to be posted. Are they completely wrong on that? If so any sources?

ghostmind

So are none of these photos are "leaks" then? Some people on a fourm i go to are calling them leaks and 'not allowed by lego'. And therefore arent allowing them to be posted. Are they completely wrong on that? If so any sources?

They are from the German show, where photography has been/is allowed, though usually not for licensed sets.

Today was press day, which started with a press conference from LEGO, before the invitees were brought in to the display area, so I'm assuming that LEGO told them what they could and could not cover, though given the Brickset stupidity...

Frankly I don't care what LEGO considers a leak or not at this point.

Ponn

Banned
So nothing on that rumoured Big Ben set? I'm still tossing around the idea of having a Tower Bridge and Big Ben setup. Is it more likely that set would be a VIP set reveal with designer video?

ghostmind

So nothing on that rumoured Big Ben set? I'm still tossing around the idea of having a Tower Bridge and Big Ben setup. Is it more likely that set would be a VIP set reveal with designer video?

I'm thinking we won't hear about that set for a while - perhaps mid-June, though hopefully sooner.

Thanks for posting all the pics, Ghostmind. Exciting times.

I didn't realize the series 15 CMFs were in the wild. This fig is a goldmine!

Edit: I've been playing catch up with the thread over the last little while. Is that giant Technic bucket thing a real set?? That's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom