• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Less known but still very good canceled TV Shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
satam_title_screen.jpg

This show had a much bigger fandom before Sonic Adventure came out and became the main canon for the series. It was damn good and one of the earlier attempts at mature storytelling in a children's cartoon (came out around the same time as Gargoyles and ReBoot as well).

That CLIFFHANGER

IxisNauguasEyes.png

pants

Deadly Games? No one else?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111937/

3yA3JBN.jpg

To take his mind off his divorce, antimatter physicist Gus Lloyd started programming an action video game where he was the hero, his ex-wife Lauren Ashborne was the sidekick, and his father Jordan Kenneth Lloyd was Sebastian Jackal, a satanic figure who wanted to destroy the world with an army of thugs based on the people who made Gus' life a living hell.

Bold One

Wonderfalls was fantastic - so is Caroline Dharvernas

I remembered when it first aired, but I never paid attention to it, until I found it again last year.

oh and Lee Pace is in it too

Xe4

Banned
The Good Guys and Better Off Ted were some amazing comedies. It's a shame they only lasted 1.5 seasons each.

Human Target
human_target_legs_poster21.jpg

Human Target was so much fun in season 1. After they changed the intro song in season 2 I knew it was long downhill trip to shitsville in season 2. Executive meddling ruined that season. It had great fight scenes. Leaps and bounds better than what's on current network TV.

I guess I'm a Mark Valley fan because I dug Keen Eddie

Life was the best. Nice story telling with great characters. I think the writer's strike had a big role in hurting this show if I remember correctly.

Life and Terminatory: SCC also introduced to me to Garret Dillahunt as a great bad guy.

Lijik

I havent seen it since it aired 7 years ago so maybe it doesnt hold up, but I really enjoyed The Knights of Prosperity for the short time it was on. ABC canned it before the first season even finished airing.

rbenchley

Profit. Fantastic show, but it was ahead of its time with a scheming anti-hero as the protagonist. If it came out now, it would probably be a pretty big hit on HBO or F/X.

Profit_Promotional_Poster.jpg

lednerg

stargate-universe_poster.jpg

It got a lot of shit for being so different to other Stargate's and basically killing Atlantis to fund its huge budget but if you like sci-fi you should definitely watch it. It has amazing visuals, soundtrack, Rush is a fantastic character, and season 2 has some of the best sci-fi episodes since The Next Generation. Finding out what Destiny was created for is also super fascinating. I wish it didn't end. :(
It's Atlantis which had the huge budget. They made Universe on the cheap - not that it showed. Anyway, Universe was excellent and the backlash against it was unwarranted, bullshitty fanboyism.
They were ahead of their time. This show would work perfectly on (the current version of) IFC or FXX.

Another vote for Blue Mountain State, mostly because of Alan Ritchson as Thad (side note: while looking at IMDB there is a 2015 listing for a BMS movie directed by Jay Chandrasekhar!)

Also The Edge. I think I may be the only person who remembers this show.

Rubicon_2010_Intertitle.png

Rubicon, the thread? Rubicon the thread.

(Rubicon GAF I summon you)

Also John Doe was fantastic

[edit] ow man how could I forget Traveler DAT premise was amazing :D

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
American Gothic was brilliant.

Carnivale was the most depressing cancellation for me though. The end of season 2 had everything set up so nicely, and the show just looked amazing with such a great atmosphere about it.

blakep267

Kings. Great show. It was a modern take in David and Goliath

Go Fish. It was a teen coming of age comedy that aired for 3-4 episodes in 2001 on Abc. Really funny show. Had a scrubs vibe

Boss on Starz. Kelsey grammar was awesome in it. Got a little dumb with the incest plot though

Southland. Nothing more needs to be said

Gang related.

All of G4. Attack of the show was my life for like 7 years.

inm8num2

Was going to post 3 of those 4. Never even heard of Jack of All Trades :eek:

It's a great show - a few years ago the entire series was available on hulu for free and I indulged. Really fun show - good mix of the kind of comedy you'd expect from Campbell alongside some swashbuckling and pseudo history.

Oh, and kudos to EnlightenedGAF. Miss that show and hanging out with you all in the Enlightened OT. :/

Big Nikus

ZazP1v.jpg

I loved Mason in Dead Like Me. And I just found out that there had been a direct-to-dvd film sequel, yay !

akGMVN.jpg

I really liked this show. And I still want to know what happened to the main protagonist's twin brother !!

tw1164

Lucky, it was on FX back in 2003. It only lasted one season. Recently, I was really sad when Legit got cancelled.

Machine

In 1999-2000, there was a comedy on ABC called "It's Like, You Know..." which was very funny but got cancelled midway through it's second season. That and "Get a Life" both deserved to be around longer.

Saganator

g3PDfQD.jpg

Came out in early 2000's, right around when I started college. Not sure if it still holds up, but I remember digging it. Was sad to see it only go for 1 season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Luck :((((

Canned because the ratings were complete shit
, oh and some horses died while filming.

Just kept getting better and better.

Dai101

Banned
Yeah, I've read a few reviews, I'd better skip this and keep on living with happy memories of the show...

Yup. It's the better course of action to do. Pretend that awful stuff never happened. I regret having watched it........ ughhhhhhhh............

IDK about other people but I really enjoyed the show called The River; it was about a guy's son, his wife, and a TV crew sailing down the Amazon River looking for the father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom