• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets make a Get Well card for Satoru Iwata!

Status
Not open for further replies.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Thank you for all your work efyu_lemonardo.

It was more than I anticipated, but I learned a ton about image manipulation and texture creation in the process ;)

I also learned that making HD content is HARD, and I say that without the slightest hint of sarcasm.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Below are the final images sent to Cheesemeister (these are slightly compressed, the ones sent to him are not). If everything goes according to plan, they should be printed tomorrow (I sent them a bit late for that today), in time for a delivery later this week.

Changes since last update:
Added various greetings and personal messages suggested by GAFfers.
Added late Miis and realigned Miis.
Cosmetic repairs.

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Special thanks to:

TitusGroan for collecting and ordering your individual pics, contributing to the brainstorming as well as creating the frame for one of the layouts, helping in many other areas throughout the project, and for making sure this thread staid on the right track!

Cosmonaut X for contributing central ideas as well as several key layout concepts and pieces of art that made the final design what it is!

Chaos17 for contributing design ideas and content that helped fill out the layout of the final image.

BGBW for collecting and ordering all the Miis submitted in this thread.

L~A for making the original thread about Iwata's operation, without which this project would not have started.

4chan/v/ for the inspiration!
(I personally do believe that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)

Last minute contributors who suggested the text for the personal blessings.

Anyone else who took initiative and helped along the way!

And of course, Cheesemeister , who will be taking care of printing and delivery in Kyoto!

iFtiUFZtAHRct.jpg

elhav

My favourire quote of him is:
"On the card, I am a CEO. In my mind, I am a game developer, but In my heart, I am a gamer."

Always loved it.

bumpkin

Looks fantastic! Props to everyone who did work on it. Proud to be a part of it and hope Mr. Iwata loves it!

Mdk7

Thanks again for the amazing initiative, i'm truly glad to be a part of this.
I know Iwata will (laugh) a bit when he'll see this. :)

Good work everyone. On my phone atm so can't write too much, but well done efyu for bringing this together, and well done GAF for providing such a wellspring of good will.

AdanVC

The final image looks amazing! Love the fabric/yarn texture it has all over the card. Thank you so much guys for doing this and putting all the images together and everyone who contributed. I'm 1000% Iwata will love it.

-Horizon-

Wow that is really cool. Props to all of you that put in the hard work to make the artwork, collect them all and put it together.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
The final image looks amazing! Love the fabric/yarn texture it has all over the card. Thank you so much guys for doing this and putting all the images together and everyone who contributed. I'm 1000% Iwata will love it.
I spent way too much time trying to get the right look of various types of fabric and yarn, with seams and sewing lines and tiles and bump maps etc., but it was worth it :)

Yes, excellent work everyone, and thank you efyu, Titus, Cheese, and everyone involved for taking the time and making room for myself and the last minute additions.

Hopefully the card will make it to Mr. Iwata, and further, will make him smile, and perhaps laugh.

:)

MicH

That card is heartwarming. Amazing job guys, I wish I had the ability to create awesome stuff like that!

L~A

Below are the final images sent to Cheesemeister (these are slightly compressed, the ones sent to him are not). If everything goes according to plan, they should be printed tomorrow (I sent them a bit late for that today), in time for a delivery later this week.

Changes since last update:
Added various greetings and personal messages suggested by GAFfers.
Added late Miis and realigned Miis.
Cosmetic repairs.

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Special thanks to:

TitusGroan for collecting and ordering your individual pics, contributing to the brainstorming as well as creating the frame for one of the layouts, helping in many other areas throughout the project, and for making sure this thread staid on the right track!

Cosmonaut X for contributing central ideas as well as several key layout concepts and pieces of art that made the final design what it is!

Chaos17 for contributing design ideas and content that helped fill out the layout of the final image.

BGBW for collecting and ordering all the Miis submitted in this thread.

L~A for making the original thread about Iwata's operation, without which this project would not have started.

4chan/v/ for the inspiration!
(I personally do believe that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)

Last minute contributors who suggested the text for the personal blessings.

Anyone else who took initiative and helped along the way!

And of course, Cheesemeister , who will be taking care of printing and delivery in Kyoto!

Wow, that's truly fantastic, way better than what I was picturing in my head! Really, wonderful job you did there. Looks like you included the various ideas that popped up in the thread (there's even the mosaic I suggested, though the end result is much different... and much better imo).

Really nice job :)

Though I don't really care if we never learn whether Iwata actually get the card, I hope he'll leave a little message on Twitter or something.

Wow, that's truly fantastic, way better than what I was picturing in my head! Really, wonderful job you did there. Looks like you included the various ideas that popped up in the thread (there's even the mosaic I suggested, though the end result is much different... and much better imo).

Really nice job :)

Though I don't really care if we never learn whether Iwata actually get the card, I hope he'll leave a little message on Twitter or something.

If we're lucky, we might have Iwata include this card in Nintendo's 2014 Annual Report as an example of fan support and solidarity.

m0t0k1

I did not really had time to make a card post. But i would like to add by saying you guys did a wonderful job with the card. Thanks for all the hard work and giving this forum a card we all can be proud off.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Looks amazing! Great job, everyone! I'm proud to be a small part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom