• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Play! Sea of Thieves GAF community user list & play through's

lefty1117

Gold Member
i was just in, joined a crew, got put in jail for some reason, dropped to join another session, now matchmaking fails with copperbeard error

Yeah I was just doing a skeleton bounty and the skeletons simply didn't spawn. We searched the island up and down and nothing happened lol. Also gold and reputation gains seem delayed.

hiphopcr

G5rBAen.jpg

Brutal!... especially considering they beta'd this thing to death.

The Game Pass deluge must be beyond even optimistic expectations.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
G5rBAen.jpg

Brutal!... especially considering they beta'd this thing to death.

The Game Pass deluge must be beyond even optimistic expectations.

Any major online release tends to have these issues. Even the "big boys" such as Call of Duty or World of Warcraft still have launch issues, despite over a decade of releases.

Can any one give link to official thread?

Game seems to be getting mixed reaction with majority of them negative on Twitter and Reddit nd all. People complaining about lack of narrative and variety of things to do. Not sure what's the general consensus here.

I kinda feel bad for MS, nothing working out for them this gen.

highrider

Banned
I just did a little solo sail last night on a sloop, I love it. Such a cool world. Servers are definitely getting slammed though, but once it gets sorted this could be the game of the forever.

XBL: realgoeswrong44

Feel free to add me

manfestival

my tag on pc is the same as my username here but it doesnt really matter since its all crossplatform for this game apparently. I totally get where the negative reviews are coming from but the game is genuinely fun. I used the xbox game pass to try it out. Not sure if the lack of content will drive me to drop the game in a week though.

LUXURY

Interesting... this is what I would think, that the game would be tied to your microsoft account, which you can log into in the windows store and xbox live. It's weird we have an official response saying no and someone saying yes. Can anyone else confirm for us?
Yeah, I hope someone can confirm.

shpankey

not an idiot
Current list:
shpankey, Kaisersoze72, cucuchuu, GInstinctsTV, Va1or, dicetrain, Unity2012, Khamakhazee, UltraMegaByte & added realgoeswrong44 & manfestival.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
ClausGrimm - I play on Xbox so forgive me if I am a wee bit slower than y'all who play on PC.

So for my day today I just have to say: That. Was. Fucking. AWESOME.

My group and I had stolen loot from a Skeleton Fort Raid while two Galleons were fighting each other (after they had already cleared the fort). We quickly came in and destroyed them both. However, one of the members of the opposing crew had hidden the key. We scoured the island and finally found it (while fending off returning visits from the angry folk). We opened the room, started loading up with loot and were blindsided by the two returning Galleons. We quickly managed to escape with three of us while one held himself up in the loot cave. He hid a good chunk of the skulls beneath some explosive barrels and fended them off. Ultimately we lost one of the chests (I forget the name, but the one that cries), but our teammate held them off from the rest. As we unloaded, sold off the loot and made our way back to get the rest, we started a few missions.

Our group, loaded with the remainder of the loot, started to do a few Order of Souls missions and found a couple messages in a bottle. Luckily, they were all relatively close by and we were able to find a couple nice chests to go with our collection. On our way to the Wanderer's Refuge, we spotted a ship that had parked on a nearby island. I quickly tried to maneuver between a very tight space of rocks without a scratch, with the rest of the crew manning the sails, leading to cheers from the team. We quickly turned to the enemy and destroyed their ship. Sadly they carried not but a few cannon balls that we quickly took to replenish our low stock which we would sorely need.

As we headed to Wanderer's refuge, we came across a ship wreck with one of the crying chests. Maybe it was from the ship that had gotten away 30 minutes earlier? As we loaded it up, one of our members notices that the music has changed and the ocean has turned dark black. Suddenly, tentacles had reached out from the icy depths to take him down, but we freed both him and the chest. Slowly over the course of 5 minutes we fended off the attacks from the kraken as we slowly made our way through the swampy ink and ocean water towards safety.

We finally reached our destination, finished the final message in a bottle and went to the nearest outpost to unload our spoils. We spent 40 minutes just laughing and freaking out about what had transpired in our journey for the day before we logged off for the night.

God damn, I haven't had this much fun in years with friends.

Top Bottom