• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents: After GoW Ascension, I feel like they should give the franchise some rest. Granted, that their series hasn't been driven to the ground by annualizing as a grotesque cash cow like CoD or AC but it would be a welcome change if SSM could be associated with a major project aside from GoW.

While I agree, they tried a new IP and it fell crashing to the ground. So it makes sense that they'd circle the wagons and fall back on GoW again for their next project. Hopefully the studio will be allowed to try something different again after GoWIV releases.

While I agree, they tried a new IP and it fell crashing to the ground. So it makes sense that they'd circle the wagons and fall back on GoW again for their next project. Hopefully the studio will be allowed to try something different again after GoWIV releases.

I'll be fine with a GoW Vita game.

JoshHood

Maybe it's just me, but I wonder if the WB game is Harry Potter-related. There's a new film series starting, and Sony co-holds the rights to the universe outside of the specific movie stuff through Pottermore, so an exclusive doesn't seem totally off the cards.

I guess Dragons Dogma Online was one of the exclusives as well?
Also the Activision game could be Tony Hawks.

I don't think Dragon's Dogma Online is. He didn't mention another Capcom exclusive.

Tony Hawk seems like a good bet on the Activision game though. Didn't he announce it at Sony's CES keynote?

Dragon's Dogma Online is also in PS3 & PC. And it'll release for the japanese market at the moment.There's a chance it'll also come to Xbox One/360 if it gets a western release.(or not)

Definitely NOT one of the exclusive JRPGs...

There are two RPGs and a action/adventure unaccounted for though

Doesn't matter. It was a list of games that Sony had a hand in, not EVERY PS4 exclusive on the planet. He mentioned that there was one unannounced Capcom exclusive that Sony were involved in and that turned out to be Street Fighter V.

I'll be fine with a GoW Vita game.

Nah, I absolutely do not want more of the same. I want the next GoW instalment to be totally fresh, play significantly differently and to push the PS4 so hard it whimpers in pain every time you put the disk in.

Maybe it's just me, but I wonder if the WB game is Harry Potter-related. There's a new film series starting, and Sony co-holds the rights to the universe outside of the specific movie stuff through Pottermore, so an exclusive doesn't seem totally off the cards.

A new film series?! Based on what?

jiggle

Definitely NOT one of the exclusive JRPGs...
Yeah
Scej RPG and lv5 game then

Doesn't matter. It was a list of games that Sony had a hand in, not EVERY PS4 exclusive on the planet. He mentioned that there was one unannounced Capcom exclusive that Sony were involved in and that turned out to be Street Fighter V.
Oh right forgot about that little detail

A new film series?! Based on what?
Hermione coming to her senses and dumps Dweebsley for Krum

Verendus

Banned
There are two RPGs and a action/adventure unaccounted for though
I've only ever talked about Dragon's Dogma here as far as I remember, and that was only because I was trolling DMC and DD fans, then decided to throw them a bone, then decided against it, but enough people caught it anyway so I just elaborated. I've already mentioned in this thread that the Capcom title in that latter list was Street Fighter, so it doesn't make sense to try and fit a new Capcom title there.

If you try to fit in every announcement with different lists at different times, you're not going to get anywhere. I don't always reference one thing, or even the same thing. You'll just confuse yourself. This is why I said it's best for you to ignore it. You don't have enough detail to make the connections. You know which ones to look out for since I mentioned them to you (the Sega game, the JRPGs, and I guess the new GOW will make sense when you see it).

I've only ever talked about Dragon's Dogma here as far as I remember, and that was only because I was trolling DMC and DD fans, then decided to throw them a bone, then decided against it, but enough people caught it anyway so I just elaborated. I've already mentioned in this thread that the Capcom title in that latter list was Street Fighter, so it doesn't make sense to try and fit a new Capcom title there.

If you try to fit in every announcement with different lists at different times, you're not going to get anywhere. I don't always reference one thing, or even the same thing. You'll just confuse yourself. This is why I said it's best for you to ignore it. You don't have enough detail to make the connections. You know which ones to look out for since I mentioned them to you (the Sega game, the JRPGs, and I guess the new GOW will make sense when you see it).

is that secret japano RPG from Sony Japan actually a collaboration or internally developed by a Sony Japan Team

damn the e3 looks so promising this year...

Level 5 announcing their game
Horizon
New Uncharted Material
Morpheus Demonstration ?
Morpheus Games?

5 Months to go guys

delSai

You are right, my bad. Seems like they published it, in the EU at least.

Horizon
New Uncharted Material
Morpheus Demonstration ?
Morpheus Games?

5 Months to go guys

Dis gun be gooood

I believe Cory Balrog said they won't have anything to show by E3, so not sure you'll see SM or God of War.

We should definitely be close to seeing PD and MM games though.

Well there's a God of War Event in March, but that might be just for a Remake or something.

Horizon
New Uncharted Material
Morpheus Demonstration ?
Morpheus Games?

5 Months to go guys
My guess is we will see:

Gran Turismo Prologue game.

New God of War teaser (in before someone posts Cory Barlog tweet, yes I saw it but not trusting him).

A new Media Molecule game.

A Quantic Dream game.

and some more indie games...

My expectations are not too high, are they? :)

Papacheeks

Banned
My guess is we will see:

New God of War teaser (in before someone posts Cory Barlog tweet, yes I saw it but not trusting him).

A Quantic Dream game.

Actually I would say they are low compared the the ton's of games Sony has in the works coming to it's platform.

Horizon will be shown, it's been in development for quit some time. Sony Bend game to my understanding has been in development for almost a year according to Shinobi(I could be wrong).

Not to mention WILD, RIME, Uncharted 4 multiplayer, Level 5's game, and what ever has been cooking for a while we will probably see.

I'm guessing we'll see more of a Japanese influence than western this E3 for Sony's conference.

My guess is we will see:

A Quantic Dream game.

your expectations are too low :D

Shinobi602 said Horizon will be announced at the E3 2015
Level 5 said they will announce their new project at E3 2015
we will definetely see new Uncharted Material
Media Molecule already said that they will announce their next project this year

Also i dont think there will a GT Prologue.
Yamauchi already said that GT 7 is in development and will come out between 2015 and 2016.

According to Shinobi the Bend Game was planned for a 2015 release (if i remember correctly) - so we should definitely see it this year.

The only question is...Will we see all those new First Party Games at the E3 ? Because there is also the Gamescom and TGS....

delSai

It wont be hard to top the last two E3s, which have been reeeally bad imo. 2013's best moment was Jack destroying the Xbox and the only Reveal last year that i liked was
Let it die duh
. I really hope this years going to be better. But with everything teased and so on, this seems to be the case, wohoo!

Zukkoyaki

It wont be hard to top the last two E3s, which have been reeeally bad imo. 2013's best moment was Jack destroying the Xbox and the only Reveal last year that i liked was
Let it die duh
. I really hope this years going to be better. But with everything teased and so on, this seems to be the case, wohoo!
Eh I found the last couple of E3s mediocre. Nothing great but I wouldn't consider either of them bad. I agree with you this year is going to (hopefully) be goooood. Horizon alone would make the show for me.

I-hate-u

Please answer Verendus, is this it for Capcom console exclusive PS4 titles?

I must be missing something, which IP is that? The only recent thing I recall them doing is the order, and that isn't out yet

btkadams

I must be missing something, which IP is that? The only recent thing I recall them doing is the order, and that isn't out yet
I think he's referring to the unannounced game that was cancelled last year. It's pretty meaningless since unannounced games are probably cancelled all the time.

Verendus

Banned
Please answer Verendus, is this it for Capcom console exclusive PS4 titles?
This is a bit of a strange question to ask, don't you think? There's still a long time left in the PS4's life cycle, and there are always things happening, plans being made, or discussions taking place with various publishers. But in answer to your question, there is one more notable title at least. Beyond that, I couldn't say.

This is a bit of a strange question to ask, don't you think? There's still a long time left in the PS4's life cycle, and there are always things happening, plans being made, or discussions taking place with various publishers. But in answer to your question, there is one more notable title at least. Beyond that, I couldn't say.

Thanks as always Verendus!

Wow, I wonder what it could be.

Luke_Wal

The idea of a Western developed third person game taking place in India has got me pretty excited. Can't wait for E3 this year; I feel like there will be a lot of great announcements!

your expectations are too low :D

Shinobi602 said Horizon will be announced at the E3 2015
Level 5 said they will announce their new project at E3 2015
we will definetely see new Uncharted Material
Media Molecule already said that they will announce their next project this year

Also i dont think there will a GT Prologue.
Yamauchi already said that GT 7 is in development and will come out between 2015 and 2016.

According to Shinobi the Bend Game was planned for a 2015 release (if i remember correctly) - so we should definitely see it this year.

The only question is...Will we see all those new First Party Games at the E3 ? Because there is also the Gamescom and TGS....
I forgot to mention that my above list was made to add up to yours. So yeah, the list should make sense now (minus GT Prologue). And you are right, Sony should sell some stuffs for Gamescom, so I have no ideas how Sony are going to show us. Btw, I am curious to see if Sucker Punch will have anything to reveal, hopefully it will not be another Infamous title. It's not like I get bored of the franchise but I think it is time for them to do something else.

The idea of a Western developed third person game taking place in India has got me pretty excited. Can't wait for E3 this year; I feel like there will be a lot of great announcements!

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

the big question is. Will this be an exclusive or multiplattform game?
Sounds really interesting

Actually I would say they are low compared the the ton's of games Sony has in the works coming to it's platform.

Horizon will be shown, it's been in development for quit some time. Sony Bend game to my understanding has been in development for almost a year according to Shinobi(I could be wrong).

Not to mention WILD, RIME, Uncharted 4 multiplayer, Level 5's game, and what ever has been cooking for a while we will probably see.

I'm guessing we'll see more of a Japanese influence than western this E3 for Sony's conference.
My hope is that they will announce as many localized Japanese games as possible. Oh, and a lot more indie games as well. Very much look forward to it :)

I-hate-u

I was just wondering because you commented on salromano's update post, saying the Capom list is spot on.

At-least one more in the works, huh. I wonder if its Itsuno's title.

Verendus

Banned
I was just wondering because you commented on salromano's update post, saying the Capom list is spot on.

At-least one more in the works, huh. I wonder if its Itsuno's title.
He was asking about the comments in 2013 and 2014 which only reference those two titles. I've never said anything about any other Capcom titles to my knowledge, except the other posts last month. Try not to overthink things. You're talking about posts from a very long time ago. Everything I knew then, isn't the same as what I know today, and what I know today isn't going to be the same as what I know tomorrow etc.

That's time. We change, we grow old, and then we die.

KOlIorj.gif

jiggle

I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.
Wow how'd I miss this
Imma guess Dragon Quest(ps2) V remaster
Final fantasy dissidia
Skies of Arcadia ii!!

I wish Verendus would tell me if Capcom would ever think about releasing a PS4/PS Vita Monster Hunter in the future. I should put that on my bucket list while I'm at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom