• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok first little update on the list. (also in the op)

31103b-1422294579.png

Studio: Guerilla Cambridge (previously SCE Cambridge - now sister Studio of Guerilla Games)
History: MediEvil, Killzone Mercenary, Primal, Ghosthunter, LBP PSP, 24: The Game

Playstation 4 Projects
Confirmed:

Rumour:
-GG Cambridge is working on an unnancouned Ps4 Project independent from Guerilla Games.
- According to job offers, they are working on a high profile multimillion selling franchise
After delivering with KZ:Mercenary. could they possibly take over the Killzone Franchise?

salromano

Gonna update earlier post.

Update: Post updated again after Verendus' response.

-----

So to update Verendus' initial post a bit, is this accurate?

Verendus mentions this is "not a comprehensive list," rather just stuff he's referenced in the past, thus not including games like The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush, Hot Shots Golf, The Tomorrow Children, etc.

Verendus also notes that these are only for projects that are made by SCE / involve some sort of collaboration with SCE.

One of the unknown projects are a Sony/Sega collaboration.

4 RPGs
  • Bloodborne (From Software x SCE Japan Studio)
  • JRPG #1
  • JRPG #2
  • "Horizon" (Guerrilla Games)
3 Third-Person Shooters
  • Drawn to Death (Bartlet Jones x SCE San Diego Studio)
  • The Order: 1886 (Ready at Dawn x SCE Santa Monica Studio)
  • Uncharted 4: Among Thieves (Naughty Dog)
3 Horror
  • Until Dawn (Supermassive Games)
  • SCE Bend Studio Game
  • ???
3 Action/Adventure
  • God of War (SCE Santa Monica Studio)
  • ???
  • ???
2 Platformers
  • Tearaway Unfolded (Media Molecule)
  • ???
1 Arcade racer
  • ???
1 Stealth
  • ???
1 Brawler
  • ??? (described as Fighting Force-esque)
1 Fighter
  • Street Fighter V (Capcom)

Outside of this, according to Verendus, exclusives are coming from the following developers (among others, unlisted). A lot of games from these publishers are already announced, but I've bolded the ones that Verendus has stated that he specifically knows of.

Lockstarter and Lazyeye are believed to be Rockstar and Activision, and one of these code-names apparently hints at the actual game.

Sega
  • ??? (one of the ??? games in the list above)
  • ??? (Verendus describes this as "out of left field")
Capcom
  • Deep Down (in the above list)
  • Street Fighter V (also on PC)
Level-5
  • ??? (perhaps one of the JRPGs in the list above)
Bandai Namco
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst (also PS Vita)
  • Godzilla (also PS3)
  • The Idolmaster
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven (also PS3)
  • J-Stars Victory VS+ (also PS3, PS Vita)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (also PS3, PS Vita, PC)
  • Tales of PS4 (unannounced)
  • ??? (Verendus mentions one unannounced game belonging here)
Rockstar Games (Lockstarter)
  • ??? (Agent?)
Activision (Lazyeye)
  • ???
Warner Bros.
  • ???
Koei Tecmo
  • Dragon Quest Heroes (also on PS3)
  • Samurai Warriors 4-II (also PS3, PS Vita)
  • Toukiden Kiwami (also PS Vita)

delSai

Silent hell could be the 3rd horror game

Yeah, but there's also a chance it's going to be Multiplat. Maybe SCEJ is bringing back Siren?

My other guesses:
Warner: No clue. Really no idea.
Sega: Shenmue 3+Remaster Collection, duh.
Activision: CRASH!?
Rockstar: Probably Agent.

Is Resistance a high profile multimillion selling franchise? I think it's not.
I dunno, probably not. So yeah. It's Killzone.
which is amazing.

Kssio_Aug

This is all I care about:

Naughty Dog: Uncharted 4
Sony Santa Monica: God of War
Guerilla Games: New RPG
Sucker Punch: New game
Sony Japan: The Last Guardian (not sure if I believe, but still)

I'm pretty sure all those games will be great, but thats not as awesome as I'd expect, when I don't think about it. I mean, to my interest: 2 solid upcoming games, 2 unknown titles, 1 titlte that may never be released.

Well, but Sony still have their 3rd party gems such as Persona 5 and Bloodborne (that I just realized that they're also more interesting then everything, except, maybe, for U4).

Edit:
Until Dawn is 1st/2nd/3rd party?

Yeah, but there's also a chance it's going to be Multiplat. Maybe SCEJ is bringing back Siren?

My other guesses:
Warner: No clue. Really no idea.
Sega: Shenmue 3+Remaster Collection, duh.
Activision: CRASH!?
Rockstar: Probably Agent.

which is amazing.

Verendus said there will be a superman game, and its not a fighter.

so maybe Warner is working on Superman now after Batman

Activision: Yeah i still think this could be the Crash Game

Rockstar: Agent....the dream is still alive

With how much Yoshida loves JRPGs like FF it will be shocking if they don't put together a mega opus JRPG like Wild Arms or Arc the Lad or Legend of Dragoon this gen.

I hope so. And I hope it is traditional JRPG none of this action RPG nonsense. Still haven't played an action RPG combat system that is as compelling as the FFX queue based system. Devs should of emulated that way more

delSai

Verendus said there will be a superman game, and its not a fighter.

so maybe Warner is working on Superman now after Batman
I missed this. What the fuck i'm all in for this.

With how much Yoshida loves JRPGs like FF it will be shocking if they don't put together a mega opus JRPG like Wild Arms or Arc the Lad or Legend of Dragoon this gen.

I want the next Wild Arms to be the Red Dead Redemption of.. JRPGs i guess?

I'm always down for some God of War, but I wouldn't be opposed to a new setting. Perhaps Valhalla/Asgard.

The biggest hurdle is that the mythology isn't as well known. Could you imagine playing as a Valkyrie and doing some of the brutal stuff Kratos would do lol.

As long as Kratos is in there I'm happy. Really don't mind/care about a change in setting. I'm with you in thinking a Norse mythology kinda setting would be great.

AGENT
YES I AM STILL BELIEVIN

We will see TLG before any sign of Agent. That thing is surely vaporware.

PziY4SR.jpg

AhajFzG.jpg

9nvmWzu.jpg

Leaked concept art.

Hnnnng. That concept art always gets my mind running wild with ideas :D

I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

Might as quote this as well since its relevant to the thread speculation :p

Verendus

Banned
Gonna update earlier post.

-----
You're somewhat along the right tracks.

The Koei game referred to was Dragon Quest Heroes though, not what you've listed there. The Namco Bandai exclusives in the particular post you're pulling from are about PS4 Tales, Gundam (I actually know what this is), and one unannounced title. Most of the titles you've listed, I don't know. Except Godzilla since everyone loves him. The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven game is also not part of that. I didn't learn of that one until early last year. I also don't think I will have spoke of that at any time except for whatever post The God managed to catch. I only remember it because I used to really like Power Stone, and I remember the crushing feeling of disappointment I felt. Although, the crushing part may be an exaggeration.

The Sega mention is about two projects, and one is in the latter list. That one's out of left field so I don't think anyone will catch it.

Capcom is spot on.

The rest I'm not going to comment on.

Hey Verendus do you remember this list

Edit: Oh you already answered this, beaten ! sry
I had some second thoughts about doing this, but what the hell? I don't think it will matter if it's like this. Sony has exclusive games coming from the following:

- Sega
- Capcom
- Level-5
- Namco Bandai
- Lockstarter (lol)
- Lazyeye (lol)
- Warner Bros.
- Koei

Some others too but will not say those just yet. This isn't including partnerships which wouldn't really be third party. It's okay though guys, Sony doesn't have any money. Poor people for a reason. Lockstarter? Who has even heard of them? Exactly.

Having said that, the larger focus is on improving their first party teams and taking things from there.

Edit -

Someone in the list who shouldn't be. Removed for now...

Can you tell us now what Lazyeye and lockstarter are :p

Jigolo

Verendus what can you tell us about The Last Guardian.

Also I hope DemonNite comes back sometime in 2015. I miss that guy

Did you play Gr? It's pretty great. Also, Tokyo Jungle was amazing. Very addictive. Since Becker has been there, they've been cranking shit out

Yeah I played it. It had nice graphics and a cool world, but horrid controls, missions, dialogue, story etc...

The potential is there to make a great game so I'm optimistic for the sequel.

so what is insomniac games considered by the way?

they were making games eclusively for the playstation since the ps1 days (i always thought they were 1st party even), then all of a sudden switched to xbox exclusives. whats the deal with them?

salromano

You're somewhat along the right tracks.

The Koei game referred to was Dragon Quest Heroes though, not what you've listed there. The Namco Bandai exclusives in the particular post you're pulling from are about PS4 Tales, Gundam (I actually know what this is), and one unannounced title. Most of the titles you've listed, I don't know. Except Godzilla since everyone loves him. The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven game is also not part of that. I didn't learn of that one until early last year. I also don't think I will have spoke of that at any time except for whatever post The God managed to catch. I only remember it because I used to really like Power Stone, and I remember the crushing feeling of disappointment I felt. Although, the crushing part may be an exaggeration.

The Sega mention is about two projects, and one is in the latter list. That one's out of left field so I don't think anyone will catch it.

Capcom is spot on.

The rest I'm not going to comment on.

Thanks. Updated the post a bit. Kept the Ban'namu stuff you didn't know considering they're still announced exclusives that are coming.

they were making games eclusively for the playstation since the ps1 days (i always thought they were 1st party even), then all of a sudden switched to xbox exclusives. whats the deal with them?

They tried going multi and failed. They're goal is to own their own IP. MS agreed to that with SO, but Sony requires ownership of any IP the publish (to avoid a Spyro/Crash situation again, one of which was also Insomniac). So that's why the went with MS. There is still that ratchet remake coming though.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I really can't wait for these games to be shown. Atleast SOME of them. Feels like forever they've been in development, especially the rumoured GG game. Been hearing about that for a while with all the job listings and what not. The SSM cancellation didn't help either as everyone was hyped up for a new IP from the GoW studio, so we'll have to wait even more for the next game from them.

Eitherway, Sony studios have some tight shit in the pipeline, and I really want to see more of them being announced.

2nd party.

FFXII HD... my goodness. Oh wow.

Only other thing I really want to know now is if there really is a Level5 collaboration in the works.

L5 are going to reveal their PS4 game at E3 so it could very well be the case.

which is amazing.

I'm with you on that. Shadow Fall left things off in a place that can be taken in a lot of cool directions. I want to see an absolutely war-torn Vekta with Echo on the run from both the VSA and the Helghast!

arent 2nd Party Studios, Independent studios who have a partnership with Sony,Ms,Nintendo and therefore only devlop games for on console?

Like remedy, Quantic Dream, Ready at Dawn or Playground games

Becuase i would like to add a 2nd Party list in the Op but i dont know which studios really are 2nd Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom