• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk PENS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Products594-635x575-1151124.jpg

Precise from Pilot

Pens pens pens!

What are your favorite pens, fellow Gaffers? Gel? Fine or Thick? Blue or black (fuck you, purple)?

My favorite are the Pilot G-2 in 1.0 size. If you can write on a nice stack of paper (which I think is crucial), then you will never feel like using another pen again.

gwTob.jpg

I've got the same one in my hand right now, except it's an 07.

Gel makes writing feel smoother.

thomaser

Pens pens pens!

What are your favorite pens, fellow Gaffers?

This guy comes into our work once or twice a year to beg for promotional pens. He takes the round of all the open businesses in the area, and can wait for days just to "speak to the boss", since this is an important matter that cannot be resolved by mere underlings. He always wears a t-shirt with the slogan "Friends of the Promotional Pen", which is a club. Here's a photo from one of their other members:

home01.jpg

Cheerilee

I had a couple of higher-end BiC pens that lasted me a long time and I thought they were amazing.

When the last one kicked the bucket, I got a BiC 730R, but it was nowhere near as good. Still a lot better than cheap disposable crap.

Then I got a Pilot Hi-Tecpoint V5 and it's amazing, even better than my old BiCs.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm currently using a gunmetal grey Parker ballpoint.
It's pretty decent. I got it as a gift from my mother and it has my name inscribed on the side.

I'm not much of a pen snob obviously, but I vastly prefer it over the throwaway bics people seem to love. Fuck those things.

rCIZZLE

Oh those pens. I thought I was going to come in and see a picture of that whiny asshole crosby. And now I'm leaving before someone quotes me with said pic.

Cheerilee

Oh hey, you know what's cool? Bank pens. Not just disposable pens with the bank's name printed on them for advertising, but the long pointy black ones with the broken remains of a chain. Nothing is cooler than stealing from a bank. Even if it's the most pathetic theft ever. IIRC, I've seen at least one really classy old one with the bank's name engraved on it and gold leaf stamped into the engraving. The guy who stole it probably threw it away when it ran out of ink. This was many years ago when I saw it.

FrancisH

schneider-xtra823.jpg

This has been my favourite pen for the past year. I lost my first one and couldn't find where to buy them until recently. 0.3mm liquid ink rollerball, I find it great to take notes in lectures with especially for mathematical notation.

vanty

I use Pilot G2 07s. I'd rather have 05s or something though, I write pretty small and it can get unreadable for anyone but me if I rush. Don't know how you could use 10, my handwriting would look like arabic or something with that ahah.

Bazza

Okey dokey, piggidy pokey, job seekers.

The+Egregious+Pauline.jpg

Best friends you can have, pens. Everything I learnt about people, I learnt from pens. If they don't work, you give 'em a shake. If they still don't work, you chuck 'em away, bin 'em!

Came to post a pic of this character, think i may have to dig out my DVD's of the league of gentlemen i feel like watching some disturbing comedy.

Darias

One of my best friends made me a pen from a piece of mahogany and the shell casing of a .50 cal round he fired from his tank in Kabul.

Kinda like that pen.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
i love PENAC. it's a japanese brand, i bought one of their pens after trying it out in the store and i fell in love with it. it's the ele-001, and it comes with ultra thin 0.5 mm blue and red, and a 0.5 mm mechanical pencil. you just twist the pen to choose which one.

i write a LOT for my job so i have to have a good pen. this one fits the bill amazingly and eliminates the need for a seperate pencil. it writes beautifully and glides along the page, minimizing wrist strain. recommended!

arumisan

A Japanese friend gave me an erasable pen that works perfectly. It's pretty awesome.

UO8Eg.jpg

I only use this

The pilot frixion is my favorite because it works and feels like a pen, but you can erase stuff using a rubber tip that comes on the pen. Erasing doesn't really work that well using pencil erasers, though, in my experience. Bonus points comes from the fact that there is no eraser rubbings when you erase using the rubber tip on the pen. It is amazing.

Love those pens! When I was in Japan bought like $100 worth of them. The erasing doesn't always work as well as I like it (particularly the markers) but still, they're awesome.

Pentel Medium Easy Roller
20104762i_01.jpg

Doesn't bleed onto the page when you hold the tip down. Consistent lines, really works like a ballpoint but looks like a fine felt-tip. Comes in a variety of colors.

kottila

My definate favorite. Thin enough to allow you to fit lots of writing on an eppendorf tube, does not bleed and the ink stays on the tube even after freezing/thawing.

marcador_edding_404_negro.gif

skybaby

The one I have been favouring for a few years now. Pentel Energel 07.mm black. Simple, cheap, smooth as hell.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eCS1VJtilS0/T0f9gSYZZlI/AAAAAAAABBg/jlbOAcoLc-w/s1600/energel3.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

Gel pens are amazing. The energel is crazy good, but I've never seen that one, just the click types!

Merkushio

Neo Member
Monami Plus Pen 3000.

25_14_10_08_1_50_18.jpg

I found one of these pens in a lab at uni, I loved it so much that I ordered a bunch of them from korea.

They are a very fine, sort of felt tip. The writing action is a bit scratchy, but i think the tactile feedback is what made me like them. The don't bleed through paper at all but deposit ink with little pressure.

They are also great for spinning and the lid click mechanic is very satisfying.

ToxicAdam

I've almost made a thread like this about 4 different times.

The G2 is incredible. It's by far the best pen I have ever tried and I've went through about 15 different styles until I found it.

marrec

Banned
I expect them to win the Stanley Cup this year or it will be a disappointment.

Oh and my favorite Pen is Malkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom