• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf 2k20 Fountain pen thread (and ink, and paper, and more!)

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
FP-safari-family-2.png
Crayons for big babies

Can anyone recommend a fountain pen with the following requirements:

-0.2mm (ultra extra fine or needle point) line width
-Ultra Flex or Vintage Flex for easy line variation

Tams

Can anyone recommend a fountain pen with the following requirements:

-0.2mm (ultra extra fine or needle point) line width
-Ultra Flex or Vintage Flex for easy line variation

0.2mm?! And vintage flex?! Damn, you're picky!

You'd honestly be best of with a vintage pen then, if you can find one at a decent price.

If you want some choice of modern pens, and are happy with a slightly thicker line and some flex, then any Japanese soft EF nib will do.

For those, the Pilot Elabo/Falcon line is good.

There's the Noodler's Triple Rail Flex at a very good price, but it's thick. I've never tried it, but it does look easy to maintain.

However, I think it looks cheap, even for a transparent pen (but not for the price). And again, it's thick.

Unflexed, the nib writes like a stub nib with a line width of slightly less than 1mm. Flexed, it can make a line 1.5 to 2mm in width.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Oh my god I am in love with the Noodlers Creaper pen. The flex nib is so good.

Diamine Earl Grey ink + Noodlers Creaper =
VgQsBit.jpg

Happosai Happosai you should share some of your thoughts on your pens, ink, paper, etc. <3
- Sakura (Royal Talens) 12 X 12 Acid Free mini Sketch books (took a photo for perspective on size). My main for comics since June this year
YOnHNON.jpg

- Sakura Pigma MICRON 005 ink .015mm & .020mm for fine lines & detailing
PTrWypn.jpg

- Pilot Kaküno 'M' fountain pen for heavy inking & fills
- Pilot Namiki (Noir) 1C-100 cartridges

BPK9tP9.jpg

- Marvy Uchida LePen .025mm colored inks (fine lines but they bleed and I suck with colors...so they're seldom used)
wNcOXFJ.jpg

Other:
Layouts: HB, 2H, 3H & F pencils for grey layouts (best brands are Staedtler but I have some cheapie Bic ones which do the job too)
Layouts continued: Prismacolor Col-erase (blue & seldom red)
Clean-up: Staedtler Mars Rasor corrector & Brevilliers kneaded erasers
Heavy layout (usually for concept sketches only non-inked): Derwent (Artists) Ivory Black 6700

Cyberpunkd

The more I write with computers the more I appreciate pen and paper. I don’t know if it’s me getting old but electronic notes and tasks just do not stick so much in my head as when I write them down.

I probably have like 10 MB LEs, including the Qing Dynasty one with a jade cap. Need to figure out with what should I write.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't have a problem, you have a problem.
f1epecSl.jpg

edit: omg these are amazing. I really wish I had gone down this rabbit hole when I was younger but now will do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom