• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Tap for Wii (Prope's game)

jooey's avatar is perfect for the website.

I love the song. Even if it is a mini-game collection, I hope it is a well built one.

mj1108

God bless Google adsense.....

tapitgooglead.jpg

Let's tap!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i misread the title as 'let's fap for wii' and assumed it would be about sin and punishment 2

as for the actual subject of this thread, i'm pretty sure it's just naka's attempt to reclaim the world record for 'biggest freefall by a game developer' from miyamoto

letstap1.jpg

lt3.jpg

lt4.jpg

lt5.jpg

lt6.jpg

That looks kind of intriguing. Definitely interested to see what all this "tapping" concept is all about.
And God the music...I can't get it out of my head :lol .

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
NOT SURE ABOUT GAME. ALREADY CAMPED OUT IN FRONT OF STORE FOR SOUNDTRACK.

:lol Sounds like Microsoft Sam is the male voice saying "Let's Tap"!

Also, it's retail since the game is 5040 Yen, Gamekyo says it's WiiWare for some reason...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hero of legend said:
:lol Sounds like Microsoft Sam is the male voice saying "Let's Tap"!

Also, it's retail since the game is 5040 Yen, Gamekyo says it's WiiWare for some reason...

They may be confusing it with Let's Catch, another Prope game for WiiWare.

ARGH! I've been listening to the bloody music for a good 20-30 mins now and I'm still not sick of it! Someone please make an MP3 of it! :D

Dreavus

Nuclear Muffin said:
ARGH! I've been listening to the bloody music for a good 20-30 mins now and I'm still not sick of it! Someone please make an MP3 of it! :D

I know what you mean. This is destroying me! :lol

You really can let it loop for a long time without getting sick of it. And I like the visuals of the game, but if it's all centered around "Hit B at the right times for minigames", it's not the first game to try that by far.

batbeg

Lee N said:
http://loading.se/images/60/71/14819902814854317ad7238762d3be36.jpg[/QUOTE]

What... the hell is going on? Do you play this game by... tapping a box?

Anyway, really love the style and music, so far so good.

Dascu

It seems the vibrations from the tapping make the wiimote "shake", which is then read by the motion sensors.

Bizarre.

Kulock said:
You really can let it loop for a long time without getting sick of it. And I like the visuals of the game, but if it's all centered around "Hit B at the right times for minigames", it's not the first game to try that by far.

That, basically, is all Rhythm Tengoku is. Most of the songs I've played in the original GBA version are just tapping the A button at the right times and to a rhythm. I know there's some that require the d-pad, but I've never made it past the third mix or so. Most of the ones prior to that are just... tapping.

Given the fact that there is a very faint "Visualizer" overlayed on a lot of these screenshots, it's probably a good idea to assume Let's Tap will feature music somehow prominently. Whether it's Rhythm Tengoku-style music (matching up to a pre-existing song) or Rez-style music (making/changing the music by interacting with the game) remains to be seen, I guess.

drohne said:
i misread the title as 'let's fap for wii' and assumed it would be about sin and punishment 2

as for the actual subject of this thread, i'm pretty sure it's just naka's attempt to reclaim the world record for 'biggest freefall by a game developer' from miyamoto

I think Miyamoto still knows good game design. He just knows theres much less involving ways to print money. Kind of ingenious actually.

NotWii

Banned
letstap1.jpg

When I saw this in the montage, I was intrigued.

NOW AFTER VISITING THE SITE, I AM HOOKED!
LET'S TAP! MOFOS!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm not going to lie...the game sounds pretty cool...and the badass music has me hooked.

Top Bottom