• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 to announce "extremely anticipated" title in April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lock if old.

Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino revealed via Twitter earlier this week plans for a new title announcement to be held in April. "Once this is announced," he wrote, "it will become an extremely anticipated title."

In the same Tweet, he said that he expects some to question the company announcing new games when many of its previously announced games are still unreleased. The development team for the new title is different, he said.

Regarding a couple of those other titles, Hino said in a later Tweet that he's still working away at the scenario for the next Layton game. He also recently had to do some checks on the text that will be used for voice recording for Inazuma Eleven 3. He's currently working on the planning and script side of four titles simultaneously.

Source

Wonder what it could be. Kind of strange wording there. Doesn't necessarily mean it could be in an existing I.P. but I'm still hoping for Dark Cloud 3.

grandjedi6 said:
I suppose he didn't actually say that it would be Level 5 announcing the title...

You think the CEO of Level 5 might be announcing a title from someone else? Cool, I hope it's Kid Icarus.

Edit: Oh, you mean because Square would be doing the announcing? Daylight savings is messing up my brain. Though hasn't DQX been officially announced?

vall03

first thing that came to mind is Professor Layton 6, I dont know what else, but maybe its an original title?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
cosmicblizzard said:
You think the CEO of Level 5 might be announcing a title from someone else? Cool, I hope it's Kid Icarus.

Edit: Oh, you mean because Square would be doing the announcing? Daylight savings is messing up my brain. Though hasn't DQX been officially announced?
Just because the company head has talked about it does not mean that it has been official announced. Its similar to Zelda Wii in how both games have been talked about by the companies and obviously exist but neither have actually been "officially announced".

Nakazato

DQ X seems likely. Dark Cloud 3 would be nice.
Edit: Do they have a release date for DQ IX us yet ?
edit 2: found it 6/1

I doubt it'll be DQ X or DC3. SE and Sony would announce, not Level 5. I bet it'll be either their Wii or PS3 game that they'll be publishing independently. Good chance it's a new IP I'd say, particularly if he's talking about the PS3 one.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I liked Dark Cloud, but not so much Dark Cloud 2 (or Chronicles). I don't know, it didn't have the charm and simplicity of the first. Also, I had a hard time accepting that you were fighting with a wrench (yeah, I can be that shallow sometimes, but I wish it didn't bother me).

I'd love to see them take on a Grandia game, though.

grandjedi6

Nakazato said:
Edit: Do they have a release date for DQ IX us yet ?
edit 2: found it 6/1
no we don't and what you found is just a placeholder date (Nintendo has already announced their June releases and the 1st or 31st of anything is always dubious). All we know is that Nintendo will published it sometime this "summer".

GCX

So when's Ninokuni coming out? I thought it was a March 2010 title in Japan but I've heard nothing about it in a while.

Nakazato

grandjedi6 said:
no we don't and what you found is just a placeholder date (Nintendo has already announced their June releases and the 1st or 31st of anything is always dubious). All we know is that Nintendo will published it sometime this "summer".
ok thanks

StarEye said:
I'd love to see them take on a Grandia game, though.

Not happening. Game Arts isn't big enough to start outsourcing major games.

Though it would be interesting. Really, I just want it to get made one way or another.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
DQ X ONLINE FREEMIUM MMORPG

37-slime.jpg

Kuraudo

Banned
Did he use the past tense to describe an event that's not happened yet? My mind hasn't hurt this much since I watched Primer.

PantherLotus said:
DQ X ONLINE FREEMIUM MMORPG

37-slime.jpg

I REALLY hope DQ X has online multiplayer...especially with a guaranteed HUGE world :D I wonder if they can make the world even bigger than DQ VIII? I hope at least on par.

grandjedi6

What makes me think most that this could be Dragon Quest X is his referral to it being by a "different development team" which somehow negates the fact that Level 5 has a bunch of yet to be released games on its plate. Dragon Quest X is the only thing that comes to mind which would satisfy those conditions and wouldn't result in someone going "why are you announcing more games?!"

Of course, who knows, perhaps it is [insert game here].

grandjedi6 said:
What makes me think most that this could be Dragon Quest X is his referral to it being by a "different development team" which somehow negates the fact that Level 5 has a bunch of yet to be released games on its plate. Dragon Quest X is the only thing that comes to mind which would satisfy those conditions and wouldn't result in someone going "why are you announcing more games?!"

Of course, who knows, perhaps it is [insert game here].

Is the Dark Cloud team on WKC2? Guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for DC3 then.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
josh_tarrant said:
Professor Layton - downloadable episodes for psn/xbl/wiiware.

Erm no.

btw. Did they already announce Layton 5 ?

Man

Dragon Quest 9 hasn't actually released in the west yet has it? That's horrible. :lol

White Knight didn't release for an eternity either. I wonder if that's related on Level 5 being ass at preparing a worldwide release or the coincidence of Sony/Square not kicking it into gear with those specific titles.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man said:
Dragon Quest 9 hasn't actually released in the west yet has it? That's horrible. :lol

White Knight didn't release for an eternity either. I wonder if that's related on Level 5 being ass at preparing a worldwide release or the coincidence of Sony/Square not kicking it into gear with those specific titles.
DQ9 is comin this summer.

manzo said:
announcement of an announcement of an announcement of announcement of announcement of an

via twitter :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom