• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 to announce "extremely anticipated" title in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneself

Rogue Galaxy 2 would rock but nobody gives a damn !:lol

And Dark Cloud 3 would be awesome if they hire level designers and get rid of that boring random dungeons crap.

But no, it's gonna be a new Dragon Quest for PS360 I guess...

Considering they spent all that time to get a georama system in WKC just for the NA release i'm guessing it was also to make DC3 easier since they could just use the same system for town building.

Oyashiro

Ugh. I wish more Level 5 games would get localized. We're probably never gonna see this "extremely anticipated" title here in the NA for a looooong time.

dramatis

the_painted_bird said:
TFLO BELIEVE

I think so, actually. If it's going to become anticipated after announcement, then I think it's most likely to be an MMO. What they did with WKC shows they want to move towards an online game, and WKC may have paid off in development for that.

Something that would be WAY anticipated by default is a console Ghibli game, preferrably different from Ninokuni. Can you say Mononoke style action game? Yes, I know you can.

eXistor

Unless it's a new Layton, I see no reason to ever anticipate a Level 5 game again. Well except for Ni No Kuni, but that's been in development for ages.

mclem

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Already announced ages ago for Wii.

Was it *formally* announced? I remember a very quick comment from Iwata back when they were having some shindig about DQ9 on the DS, but I don't recall a formal announcement.

Neuromancer said:
He says it'll be extremely anticipated after it's announced. So it could be something new. Just sayin'.

you can't anticipate something that isn't even going to come out. we can only hope. so once it's announced, we can switch from hoping/praying to anticipating/waiting. :D

dark.
cloud.

mclem said:
Was it *formally* announced? I remember a very quick comment from Iwata back when they were having some shindig about DQ9 on the DS, but I don't recall a formal announcement.

It was formal enough for Gamespot to give it a dedicated page.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Ninokuni for Wii (which has been greatly hinted at) would make so much sense and would become by default my most anticipated video game title of this gen.

Of course a PS3/360 release would be just as amazing (and maybe better depending on what type gameplay they choose) but I think with the recent slew of major JRPG's annoucements and the nature of the Wii fanbase, it would be almost crazy not to release the Studio Ghibi RPG on Wii.

JDSN

Banned
mclem said:
Dragon+Quest+X_0.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Spiegel said:
Can't be excited when they still have not released games announced two years ago.

L5 is really the new S-E.

Except that SE games are actually good when they finally come out!

If it really is Level 5 announcing, it's not anything related to Dragon Quest. Level 5 only really announces games it publishes. Any announcements regarding DQ would come from SE itself.

Apath

Just wanted to chime in that I pray it's not a new Dark Cloud. DC1 was God awful terrible. Never played 2 but the first has tainted my idea of any other Dark Cloud game. Forever.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kenak said:
Just wanted to chime in that I pray it's not a new Dark Cloud. DC1 was God awful terrible. Never played 2 but the first has tainted my idea of any other Dark Cloud game. Forever.

yeah DC1 is garbage but DC2/Dark Chronicle is awesome ( best game from L5 imo ).

RPGCrazied said:
dark cloud 3? but if so, it'll be ps3 only I'm sure :(

DC is Sony IP so it can be on PSP too you know.

Deku

Banned
Not really sure why people think Level 5 will be announcing a Square-Enix property that they are contracted to work on. But ok.

Edit: sounds like a new IP

Celine

Regulus Tera said:
I recognise Wada, Iwata and Horii. Who's the other guy?
Let's see.
There is Mr. Square-Enix, Mr. Nintendo, and Mr. Armor Project.
The last one must be Mr. Level 5 ( although he isn't Hino ).

wrowa

"the development team for the new title is different"
As some people stated in this thread already this could mean that SE plans to unveil DQX next month, which would explain why the "development team is different".

Another possibility is that the new game isn't developed by Level-5 but published. For example yet another game by Brownie Brown.

Johnas

Brazil said:
DQVII Wii remake?

Hmm. Using VIII's engine (or something very similar)? That's the kind of look VII needs.

Don't know that it wouldn't be SE announcing it though, instead of L5.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Johnas said:
Hmm. Using VIII's engine (or something very similar)? That's the kind of look VII needs.

Don't know that it wouldn't be SE announcing it though, instead of L5.
Oh yeah, that makes sense. But maybe they'll announce it together.

They need to set the ground for X, and nothing would do that as well as a VII remake by L5.

wrowa said:
"the development team for the new title is different"
As some people stated in this thread already this could mean that SE plans to unveil DQX next month, which would explain why the "development team is different".

Another possibility is that the new game isn't developed by Level-5 but published. For example yet another game by Brownie Brown.

Um, if DQX was contracted out to a different developer, SE would be announcing not Level 5. Even if it just means a different team at Level 5, it still would be SE announcing as DQ is SE's franchise not Level 5's.

I'm thinking a new ip or an existing ip is being ported to a new platform.

carlo6529

I really don't know what they are going to announce. I just hope whatever it is, it is something new that we know nothing about. I do hope its a traditional rpg though.

WYWY

hsukardi said:
The worst thing is that he isn't that good of a writer -- see White Knight Chronicles.
QFT. More JP games with crap stories.

He just can't accept that he is good with technology but rubbish with scripts. Focus on what he's good at and leave the plot to someone competent. The video-gaming landscape will become a better place.

WYWY

Oh just adding my guess vote that it'll probably be a new Dark Cloud, seeing as all the other "anticipated" titles are already announced and in active development.

And quite sure it won't be a DQ since he can't be working on the script.

leroidys

It says the game will BECOME anticipated. As in, not yet anticipated. It could even be a completely new IP.

At this point, I would rather get some more ninokuni news, or a Layton localization than another new L5 game.

teekun

leroidys said:
It says the game will BECOME anticipated. As in, not yet anticipated. It could even be a completely new IP.

Why would you argue language semantics in a quote that was translated from another language?

soco

the only 'extremely anticipated' title they could announce by gaf standards would be TFLO, but we know that ain't happening!

probably WKC2 for PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom