• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 to announce "extremely anticipated" title in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
[Nintex] said:
I don't think Level-5 is working on it right now but a new Earthbound would be possible. Itoi said that he was done with the series, Sakurai said the same thing about Smash Bros untill Iwata said: "Oh well, I guess I'll just have to let TOSE port Super Smash Bros. Melee to Wii".
smh

You masturbating furiously while you make your Iwata fanfiction, don't you?

topramen

wait wait wait is this Earthbound shit actually based on anything.

Hal Laboratory?? I thought you got banned for telling me Retro's project was going to show up at E3 08.

I'm expecting Inazuma Eleven Break, though if it was for Wii it would have been announced at last week retailer meeting, sooooo... maybe not, or maybe PS3, PSP. Don't know.

ULTROS! said:
Hino is doing a PS3 title and Wii title right?

So I'm guessing the Basketball one is for the Wii and the Time Travelers is for the PS3? :p
Yes, because Wii needs more sports games.

Nope.

gerg

Sammy Samusu said:
I'm expecting Inazuma Eleven Break, though if it was for Wii it would have been announced at last week retailer meeting, sooooo... maybe not, or maybe PS3, PSP. Don't know.

The retailer meeting announced three dates for titles up until June 17th (iirc). Heck, Japan still doesn't have a date for Metroid: Other M, so using the retailer meeting as a litmus test for what platform the game will be on is unwise.

Xater

Sammy Samusu said:

Also Inazuma Eleven seems to be a big fucking deal in Japan. When I was in Tokyo there was a special section in city section all about that series. You could get all kinds of merchandise for that game. There even is a manga series. Man I finally want to play this series. Japan is already getting the third part in the summer. :(

Gomu Gomu

Xater said:
Also Inazuma Eleven seems to be a big fucking deal in Japan. When I was in Tokyo there was a special section in city section all about that series. You could get all kinds of merchandise for that game. There even is a manga series. Man I finally want to play this series. Japan is already getting the third part in the summer. :(
Isn't it coming this year? Right on the time for FIFA World Cup?

Xater

Gomu Gomu said:
Isn't it coming this year? Right on the time for FIFA World Cup?

Well the "announcement" was a bit unclear. It sounded more like the anime is coming right around the World Cup and the game later.

gerg said:
The retailer meeting announced three dates for titles up until June 17th (iirc). Heck, Japan still doesn't have a date for Metroid: Other M, so using the retailer meeting as a litmus test for what platform the game will be on is unwise.
Well, yes, my bad. It's safe to assume they just announced dates for titles that are about to launch.

Xater said:
I can only imagine... After airing the anime it became a whole new series, it's now a million-seller, something Professor Layton hasn't achieved yet (in Japan alone). Let's see how popular it will be in Europe, they didn't announced the publisher yet but I don't believe it's going to be Nintendo, so no Beyonce-celebs commercials for you, lol.

[Nintex]

Gattsu25 said:
smh

You masturbating furiously while you make your Iwata fanfiction, don't you?
Not at all it wasn't even my idea to save those posts but some members told me that I should keep them around somewhere.

nli10

Most (casual) people in Europe seem to think that with the French animation styles and English characters that the games are made over here. The puzzles just seem to mesh with the casual gaming pop in & play aesthetic too.

I believe that after the initial delay we are getting one a year in the UK ready for the Christmas market. I forget where I heard that but it was before the 2nd was released here.

While I feel no need to go back to the games once I've finished they are great fun for the couple of weeks it takes to play through.

The football game should come out for the World Cup or not at all. And as it's not been announced and it's not that far away I fear that we won't get it over here. :(

Sacha

http://www.teletama.jp/tamanew/

ドラゴンクエストⅩの本舗初公開の超レアなお宝情報もゲット!?

Erm, forgive me if I'm mistaken, but isn't it saying that there will be some info about Dragon Quest X on this TV show tomorrow ?

There's no way they'd show something of DQX unless it's at a big event like the yearly DQ event (in December isn't it?) or TGS.

I mean a TV Show? Really?

Info on huge franchises on TV are only really done with Pokemon on Pokemon Sunday as far as I know isn't it?

Someone kindly explain this to me please.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hero of Legend said:
So what does that say?
Well, I decided to run it through Google Translate, and it basically seems to be saying that you should watch the show if you get the chance.

They're definitely showing something Dragon Quest related on it.

Sacha

If online translators are to be believed, they're talking about "classified information". They don't mention DQX, though.

[Nintex]

Sacha said:
If online translators are to be believed, they're talking about "classified information". They don't mention DQX, though.
Dragon Quest Swords II: Genious Sonority Rise From the Grave

Haunted

slaughterking said:
Layton 1
bgc82t43xr3pjz646.gif

Layton 2
bgc82ju0qov3kol2u.gif
^_^

Yeah, we're awesome like that. Adventure game heaven!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
My translator said: Get the information super rare treasures debut of Ⅹ HONPO Dragon Warrior I.

The television show is promising "extremely rare treasure information." So it's probably just info about a Dragon Quest IX treasure map. The "Dragon Quest X" in the show preview is probably a typo.

Sacha

AndriaSang said:
The television show is promising "extremely rare treasure information." So it's probably just info about a Dragon Quest IX treasure map. The "Dragon Quest X" in the show preview is probably a typo.

Haha, thanks for the clear up !

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
neo2046 said:
Time Traveler for unknown platform

Edit: maybe 3DS? because Akihiro Hino says ........
the point of the game is to go back in time and stop the PSP go from happening

Ikael

Ninokuni for Wii or any home console is the only "extremely anticipated" Level 5 title that I could think of, seeing how most of their flagship titles (Inazuma, Layton, etc) have already been announced.

neo2046

Nirolak said:
Do you happen to know if it's just in the Table of Contents or does the actual article have the platform unlisted?
there is an interview but it seems no screen nor other details shown yet

eggandI

Banned
neo2046 said:

Haa Time travel always fun. Hoping for PSP. Would love to get more Level 5 games on the PSP.

Silkworm

neo2046 said:

Time travel, eh? Professor Layton related perhaps? *shrug* Though having another game in the PL universe related to time travel might be a bit of a stretch, but it's no more out there than some of the other suggestions in this thread :p.

dramatis

No tweets for 19 hours on his Twitter.

Seems like the 3DS game is Sengoku Yakyuu Dan. Sengoku period + professional baseball :lol, illustrator is Toshihiro Ono.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
dramatis said:
illustrator is Toshihiro Ono.
Hmm... time for me to check Wikipedia.

Wikipedia said:
Toshihiro Ono (小野 敏洋, Ono Toshihiro?, born February 27, 1965) is a Japanese mangaka and graphic novelist.

He is best known for the Pokémon manga based on the animation series: "The Electric Tale of Pikachu" published by Viz Media (known as Dengeki Pikachu and published by Shogakukan in Japan). He also illustrated the first two volumes of the Crest of the Stars trilogy, and draws hentai (such as the Anal Justice series) under the pen name of Kamirenjaku Sanpei.[1]
Given all the context here, I'm going to guess this is a game about kids from modern day Japan time traveling to the Sengoku era to play baseball. Well, I guess there's not much guessing there really. :p

That or our first 3DS hentai game about baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom