• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusRJR

Oh, new thread. I might be a regular in here again if my phone stops being a piece of shit. I got 111 posts in the last OT and I'm not sure whether to feel good or bad about it.

Also, any GayGAF members who saw American Horror Story get a huge crush on Evan Peters too? He's so cute.

Sai-kun

Banned
Came for the hot men, stayed for the drama.

i miss u in halo xoxo

THANK YOU for posting this gif. I couldn't fucking remember the name of this singer, and when I saw this I instantly found it through reverse searching.

idpbj6XaX1LCb.gif

Marina & the Diamonds owns!!!

Mornin', GAF. How're y'all today? I'm making breakfast and refreshing a page online to buy concert tickets for kitchenmotors and myself, and then going for a run later :D I signed up for a 5k in April, and I start my training for it next week!

Also, any GayGAF members who saw American Horror Story get a huge crush on Evan Peters too? He's so cute.

Dude, not only is he super adorable but I think the shows directors definitely realize it. You get to see so much of him, particularly in the second episode of Asylum. He'll be back next season, too.

Dead Man

I feel like that everything that needed to be said has been said. But I just want to chime in saying that Lesbians are awesome. Ellen is the greatest and my best friend is a lesbian. Anyone who hates on them hates on me.

Lesbians, bear, bois, grrls, chubs, twinks, daddies, all of them are fine. People get too caught up in making sure there is someone they can 'other' to make up for being excluded by others themselves.

nickcv

Because they want to say, Hey I'm gay but i'm not like "Those" gays. I'm like this but not Them!

For an example http://www.douchebagsofgrindr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/dont-be-douche.jpg And the other tons of people you see on Douchebags of Grindr

ok that website is awesome... and i cannot believe how some of those guys can be so full of themselves o_O

run-of-the-mill-douche.jpg

He's acting like if he looked like Hugh Jackman...

I do not understand what's the problem with this one, probably is the language barrier, can you guys explain?
edit: nevermind i got it XD

Alcoori

imagine the stories they talk about you. got to plant a mole in there.

Oh, I'm not worried about what people can say about me because there's nothing to be said really. My roommate went to college with that kid and he described him to me as being sleazy.

One story apparently was that he had sex with a guy in the same room his boyfriend was sleeping in and that the bf woke up and caught him in the act.

Like I said, people do things when they're young that they're not necessarily proud of. I know I did so I don't really hold it against him. He seems smart enough and we had a good conversation.
He did ask me if I wanted to do poppers while we were getting it on, that was a first for me but I declined and he only took one hit at a crucial time.

Of course I wore a condom.

mantidor

Love the new thread title, when I challenge Gay Gaf in the previous thread I didn't think it was possible to have a no sex no body type title, kudos!

I have no idea why we have such a hard time getting new people to post.

This post on the first page is very funny in retrospect after the drama.

Can we not invade someone's privacy by posting their grindr profile? :/

Best sarcastic post ever or am I missing something?

MarkusRJR

Looking at a bunch of Grindr profiles online always makes me feel super weird for finding most races equally attractive. My brother (also gay but into the club scene) told me that gay culture is super racist when it comes to dating and sex. Was he actually being serious?
Dude, not only is he super adorable but I think the shows directors definitely realize it. You get to see so much of him, particularly in the second episode of Asylum. He'll be back next season, too.
Oh yeah they totally do. He is in so many hot scenes it has to be intentional. When does the next season start anyway?

nickcv

Question for Lesbian GAF.

How open to sex with a heterosexual male, are any of you? Serious question from an idiot.

i'm a guy and don't know many lesbian girls, but i think the answer is "no"
if the girl is lesbian and no bisexual it means that she's not into guys, so i don't understand why they should have sex with a man.

the same apply to gay males: i wouldn't have sex with a girl

Sai-kun

Banned
I love the new OT 20x better than the original.

Sorry Sai-Kun :D

eVzVmnf.gif

wat? i chose it :eek:

Love the new thread title, when I challenge Gay Gaf in the previous thread I didn't think it was possible to have a no sex no body type title, kudos!

I didn't think it was either, but it actually came to me pretty quickly when I thought about the title change. I think someone suggested it moooonths ago.

Can we not invade someone's privacy by posting their grindr profile? :/

These are all on the internet on a website. They're not private anymore lol

effe

Banned

How open to sex with a heterosexual male, are any of you? Serious question from an idiot.
being a lesbian means that you are exclusively sexually attracted to women. same for gay men.

you're looking for bisexual women.

Dany

Banned
eVzVmnf.gif

wat? i chose it :eek:

Nvm I hate it. In the previous thread folks were posting grindr profiles of dudes in their area. It just seems rude, like I'm not going to post someone's okcupid profile on here that I like.

mantidor

It's even worst than that, these are profiles that you broadcast to complete strangers that can be at walking distance from you, can't get any more public than that.

Sai-kun

Banned
Douchebags of Grindr

Some folks have posted their own OKC profiles, and occasionally other people's, but in this case it's literally just profiles pulled from this website that catalogs them. At least with OKC you can make your profile private to those without their own account!

BeesEight

Just keep in mind that there's no power playing in Cthulu, no matter what all your playing characters are either going to die or become insane.

I'd say that on average an inexperienced player is going to die in no more then 3 sessions.

Probably is just nostalgia speaking, but do not play the D20 version of the game, find the D100 rules, they are much better and are part of what makes this rpg unique.

The only thing i recommend is not to play with any sore loser: often you'll have to sacrifice someone to let all the other characters live and you don't want to turn every session into a long fight because last time you left your friend in the room full of dynamite.

And just one more thing, play the game in the intended age: 1920

The high death/insane rate is what really got me interested in the concept. But as my friend was describing it, the game often requires you to travel to very distant locations and puts an emphasis on ludicrous amounts of preparation like making sure you have malaria shots if you go into the Congo or whatnot.

Which wouldn't be too bad, except (as you mentioned) it's suppose to take place in the 1920s.

Also, my friend prefers running his own stories so people can't just look up the answers/mystery/whatever early on. I think he did start the initial preparation of an adventure so maybe he'll actually run it some day.

I think so. I think also belonging to a subset considered socially deviant may make for feelings of want to be exclusive and to feel it is 'us vs them', if you know what I mean.

Hm, yeah I think I see what you mean. It's kind of sad mindset.

No shortys, Asians, fats or fems? Don't be gay? I understand that this site catalogues douchebags, but god damn.

Hey now, everyone knows that short people only have half the amount of soul as us normal folk. Seems reasonable to me.

Looking at a bunch of Grindr profiles online always makes me feel super weird for finding most races equally attractive. My brother (also gay but into the club scene) told me that gay culture is super racist when it comes to dating and sex. Was he actually being serious?

Yes, unfortunately there are a lot of idiots in the gay community who haven't learned a damn thing about prejudice.

Oh yeah they totally do. He is in so many hot scenes it has to be intentional. When does the next season start anyway?

Nobody knows when it will start. Probably late September. Apparently, its going to be on the road this time and a bit lighter in tone than Asylum was.

Wilsongt

JefFrey banned? Can't say I'm surprised, or bothered by it.

Edit: Grindr is a breeding ground for Douchebags. Especially those are like "Please have a face pic, I have one." Only to have their display picture being of some scenery or their torso. I don't give a fuck what your torso looks like. I'm not attracted to torso first and faces second.

nickcv

The high death/insane rate is what really got me interested in the concept. But as my friend was describing it, the game often requires you to travel to very distant locations and puts an emphasis on ludicrous amounts of preparation like making sure you have malaria shots if you go into the Congo or whatnot.

Which wouldn't be too bad, except (as you mentioned) it's suppose to take place in the 1920s.

Also, my friend prefers running his own stories so people can't just look up the answers/mystery/whatever early on. I think he did start the initial preparation of an adventure so maybe he'll actually run it some day.

The game has different pace then other tabletops, but the Game Master you should be able to understand how not to make it boring.

If he has some experience directing a game of Vampire the Masquerade than he shouldn't have too much trouble pacing a Cthulu session, but if that's not the case I highly suggest to try a pre-built adventure, just to better understand the game needs.

Let me know if you guys ever get to play, i'm really curious!

_Isaac

Nvm I hate it. In the previous thread folks were posting grindr profiles of dudes in their area. It just seems rude, like I'm not going to post someone's okcupid profile on here that I like.

I get how you feel. I know this stuff isn't private, and it's basically being broadcast out there, but it just makes me uncomfortable that this stuff gets posted around just so we can mock them. It's like those threads and tumblrs that are dedicated to posting okcupid screen caps and making fun of the guys. It just comes off as cruel to me.

kinggroin

Banned
being a lesbian means that you are exclusively sexually attracted to women. same for gay men.

you're looking for bisexual women.

Makes sense then. I suppose IF a woman who proclaimed to be lesbian, did have sex with a man, would actually be incorrectly identifying herself as lesbian. She'd be Bisexual, but didn't realize it....right?

_Isaac

Makes sense then. I suppose IF a woman who proclaimed to be lesbian, did have sex with a man, would actually be incorrectly identifying herself as lesbian. She'd be Bisexual, but didn't realize it....right?

She may have also made a huge mistake. :p

MarkusRJR

Oh wow... "Straight" model. Yup, that sure makes a lot of sense.

Sexuality isn't something completely black and white. She could still be a lesbian and have a few exceptions. Maybe she just wanted to experiment, or she did a grave mistake.

Sai-kun

Banned

Eh, don't be so quick to label people. I've known guys that identify as gay, but have fooled around with women once or twice. (There's also the whole "Men who have sex with men" thing)

Sexuality's not such a cut-and-dried thing.

Edit: I think this may read a little more seriously than I meant it to be. Just thinking out loud :)

BeesEight

The game has different pace then other tabletops, but the Game Master you should be able to understand how not to make it boring.

If he has some experience directing a game of Vampire the Masquerade than he shouldn't have too much trouble pacing a Cthulu session, but if that's not the case I highly suggest to try a pre-built adventure, just to better understand the game needs.

Let me know if you guys ever get to play, i'm really curious!

He's mostly run D&D to my knowledge but I think he's started a Savage Worlds (?) game this year. Don't know about Vampire but we did talk about that game's mechanics so I know he's familiar with them at the very least.

Heh, I'll let you know if that happens. We live in different cities so I don't know if it'll happen anytime soon.

Ruh roh!

For a helpful answer - the connection between action and self identification isn't necessarily so straightforward. Lots of people exhibit bisexual behaviour but self identify as straight/gay/whatever. If a woman is identifying as a lesbian, it is best to just assume her primary attraction is towards women and leave it at that.

Dany

Banned
I get how you feel. I know this stuff isn't private, and it's basically being broadcast out there, but it just makes me uncomfortable that this stuff gets posted around just so we can mock them. It's like those threads and tumblrs that are dedicated to posting okcupid screen caps and making fun of the guys. It just comes off as cruel to me.
Yup. Totally agree.

I was gonna question the distinct use of the word heterosexual here, but then I guess I would be somewhat more interested if the person was attracted to me as a woman. The answer's still no though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom