• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario

Have some Brad Nelson looking surprisingly 'dorbs.

76wJbPH.gif

XeZaspJ.gif

q95G9vY.gif

Mr_Zombie

Let's say that pics of women in their panties are posted here, I would be pissed.

I know I'm LTTP but my question is "why?"

A pretty person is pretty and always pleasing to the eye, no matter whether you're sexually attracted to her/him or not. Let's not act like those weird straight man who think that simply looking or commenting on other good looking man somehow makes them "gay".

beje

Banned
New thread! :DDD

I always wonder why I have somebody from GayGAFLBGTGaf on "ignore", then I remember as soon as people start quoting him

Mmm tattoos and furr, GO!

There's hope for the new thread yet!

Got my new one three days back!

IMG_1672_zps52c6d3f7.jpg

I see yours and up it with my G-clef (to be completed with a bass clef in the other arm, I used to play the piano)

Ignore the extra grease, it was the first time I applied it and went overboard.

Dead Man

Then why don't you go fucking make your own thread and post about everything you love all the time, like your circumcision, leather gear, AIDs, and all that stuff.

This is not a BAR. This is not a CLUB. This is a SAFE, INCLUSIVE space for LGB (and T, although they've got another space as well) individuals to discuss goings-on in their lives, and to occasionally seek help from other nice folks in this thread.

If you can't contribute to a discussion well, THEN DON'T. It's not a fucking puzzle, just don't contribute if you don't think you can do it well. Not everyone is going to enjoy or be able to participate in every discussion that happens, and that's totally fine. Your participation is not REQUIRED.

Your attitude is gross.

I think I have a crush on you now.

I have come to the conclusion that Highschool sucks 10% more when you're a closeted Gay :|
Seriously all these good looking guys and they're all straight smh

I have come to the conclusion that Highschool sucks 10% more when you're a closeted Gay :|
Seriously all these good looking guys and they're all straight smh

Except they aren't always. The guy who I had the biggest crush on in high school I found in a different city two states over, he was working at the sleaziest leather bar I'd ever seen... and he thought I was cute, too. I was out but only two a few people and he wasn't in my circle of friends and he wasn't at all. I ended up not hooking up with him because this was the sort of place that had fisting on the pool table. I don't know where I'm going with this post.. oh yeah, HS doesn't have to suck and you don't have to be closeted.

Except they aren't always. The guy who I had the biggest crush on in high school I found in a different city two states over, he was working at the sleaziest leather bar I'd ever seen... and he thought I was cute, too. I was out but only two a few people and he wasn't in my circle of friends and he wasn't at all. I ended up not hooking up with him because this was the sort of place that had fisting on the pool table. I don't know where I'm going with this post.. oh yeah, HS doesn't have to suck and you don't have to be closeted.
Oh God, fisting on the pool table 0__0
But, High School doesn't really suck much for me, I have a lot of friends and I've a bunch of new friends, I like my teachers, I don't deal with bullying, but my grades are shit. I know I don't have to be closeted... but honestly I'd rather not come out during my Freshman year, I've seen some Gay guys that are not closeted and I think that's pretty cool but I just can't imagine balancing being openly gay at school and trying to get good grades at school.

beje

Banned

Heh, the guy that outed me at school (senior year) because he saw me making out with my boyfriend in a car ended up being gay as well when I found him again some years after. Ironically, he hanged out with a group of people from without the school that everyone knew most of them were gay but nobody could just connect the dots, it just didn't make sense.

I have no hard feelings for him at all because being out of the closet allowed me to beat up some stupid kid that tried to bully me and my school life was already shitty anyway.

There were other three (that I know) gay kids in my year, but I didn't like them because they were the preppy and snobby type.

High school sucked. Didn't know about anyone else that was gay, felt like the only guy that was. Found out one of my teachers was gay. They found a picture of him kissing his boyfriend and set that as a wallpaper on all the computers. Two weeks later he quit. Didn't have any real friends. Just alot of self-loathing and self-hate.

Phew, glad that's over.

Oh God, fisting on the pool table 0__0
But, High School doesn't really suck much for me, I have a lot of friends and I've a bunch of new friends, I like my teachers, I don't deal with bullying, but my grades are shit. I know I don't have to be closeted... but honestly I'd rather not come out during my Freshman year, I've seen some Gay guys that are not closeted and I think that's pretty cool but I just can't imagine balancing being openly gay at school and trying to get good grades at school.

Yeah, man. Not only fisting on the pool table but used syringes on the floor. I'm not at all judgmental over sex or drug stuff.. but if you need fisting and needle drugs, perhaps its time to slow down.

I don't think being out would affect your grades except that maybe you would have more dates.

Heh, the guy that outed me at school (senior year) because he saw me making out with my boyfriend in a car ended up being gay as well when I found him again some years after. Ironically, he hanged out with a group of people from without the school that everyone knew most of them were gay but nobody could just connect the dots, it just didn't make sense.

I have no hard feelings for him at all because being out of the closet allowed me to beat up some stupid kid that tried to bully me and my school life was already shitty anyway.

There were other three (that I know) gay kids in my year, but I didn't like them because they were the preppy and snobby type.

The most homophobic people usually turn out to be self hating and closeted.. lts sad but kind of funny at the same time.

Not to be a party pooper, but unless you payed several thousand dollars for that machine, I'm afraid you, at best, got something that will measure galvanic skin response which has little-to-nothing to do with brain activity and certainly doesn't correlate with prefrontal cortex activity in any meaningful way.

Galvanic skin response is an electrical measure, if anything the optodes don't penetrate deeply enough and it just trains you to increase vascularization in your forehead :p It's supposed to work on the same principle as fNIRS but yeah we'll see.

Edit: oh my god that cat gif.

BeesEight

So tell me gaygaf (not sure if that should be one word or two), has anyone dabbled in tabletop rpgs?

I have dabbled because my friends really enjoy them. I'm super terrible but I enjoy the ones that let you talk your way out of things or baffle enemies with bullshit.

Alcoori

Disadvantage of living in a big city with lots of gays, sometimes you date someone that your friends know and they tell you stories about the guy which totally contradict what you've experienced.
I'm chalking it up to "everyone did things they regret in college", but damn.

Disadvantage of living in a big city with lots of gays, sometimes you date someone that your friends know and they tell you stories about the guy which totally contradict what you've experienced.

imagine the stories they talk about you. got to plant a mole in there.

Mr. F

Banned
Just catching up on the thread so far.

ilPWB2fy9eyV6.gif

So tell me gaygaf (not sure if that should be one word or two), has anyone dabbled in tabletop rpgs?
I have dabbled because my friends really enjoy them. I'm super terrible but I enjoy the ones that let you talk your way out of things or baffle enemies with bullshit.

I love that stuff (as long as someone else does the heavy lifting of DMing and such), although I haven't played since high school due to lack of interest from friends. Bummer.

nickcv

talk about drama... o_O

Mmm tattoos and furr, GO!

There's hope for the new thread yet!

Got my new one three days back!

IMG_1672_zps52c6d3f7.jpg

that's actually nice, but depending on your job having a tattoo on the wrist means long sleeves during summer, and that's not great.

i've been playing the original D&D since I was 6 y/o, then moved to AD&D and later on to 3.5 D&D.
I've also played Vampires the Masquerade, Call of Cthulu and some other games.

Fortunately my bf is as much nerd as I am and he also loves playing tabletop rpgs, videogames, animes, manga etc etc... he just got his account approved, too, but he does not post a lot.

Have some Brad Nelson looking surprisingly 'dorbs.

76wJbPH.gif

XeZaspJ.gif

q95G9vY.gif

damn he's cute...

BeesEight

Maybe we should get a game started?

You'd like that, wouldn't you.

i've been playing the original D&D since I was 6 y/o, then moved to AD&D and later on to 3.5 D&D.
I've also played Vampires the Masquerade, Call of Cthulu and some other games.

I've heard great things about Cthulu. And I'm a fan of Lovecroft. Can't seem to convince my friend to run one since apparently it's "a lot of work" or some such nonsense. I keep telling him he doesn't need a life.

Wtf at Jeffrey's meltdown. o.o
Not to be a jerk to the banned guy that can't reply, but he seems to have some really arbitrarily specific mental barriers, it's maybe an exaggeration but sometimes I wonder if occupying his mental space would be something like trying to navigate a self-imposed labyrinth.

Dead Man

Not to be a jerk to the banned guy that can't reply, but he seems to have some really arbitrarily specific mental barriers, it's maybe an exaggeration but sometimes I wonder if occupying his mental space would be something like trying to navigate a self-imposed labyrinth.

Misogyny is pretty rampant in some some subsections of the community, mainly the leather oriented ones. Sadly I have seen a lot of bears spouting that sort of rubbish too.

BeesEight

Misogyny is pretty rampant in some some subsections of the community, mainly the leather oriented ones. Sadly I have seen a lot of bears spouting that sort of rubbish too.

This doesn't make sense to me. What's the point in trying to fracture the community? Or is it one of those strange 'assert masculinity through hyper misogyny' deals?

Dead Man

This doesn't make sense to me. What's the point in trying to fracture the community? Or is it one of those strange 'assert masculinity through hyper misogyny' deals?

I think so. I think also belonging to a subset considered socially deviant may make for feelings of want to be exclusive and to feel it is 'us vs them', if you know what I mean.

nickcv

You'd like that, wouldn't you.

I've heard great things about Cthulu. And I'm a fan of Lovecroft. Can't seem to convince my friend to run one since apparently it's "a lot of work" or some such nonsense. I keep telling him he doesn't need a life.

it's a great game and does not require much setup.
Also is one of the few games that has some great adventures on sale.
You guys could just buy one of them and try it out!

Just keep in mind that there's no power playing in Cthulu, no matter what all your playing characters are either going to die or become insane.

I'd say that on average an inexperienced player is going to die in no more then 3 sessions.

Probably is just nostalgia speaking, but do not play the D20 version of the game, find the D100 rules, they are much better and are part of what makes this rpg unique.

The only thing i recommend is not to play with any sore loser: often you'll have to sacrifice someone to let all the other characters live and you don't want to turn every session into a long fight because last time you left your friend in the room full of dynamite.

And just one more thing, play the game in the intended age: 1920

isn't he the same guy who was ranting about wanting to get HIV the other day? He needs to sit down.

what? WAT?

nevermind i think i don't wanna know...

Sagitario

Anyway, it's almost been 7 months since I started dating my bf, I never thought it would last that long considering why I pursued that relationship at first. Never been happier though :)
May I ask why did you?

High school sucked. Didn't know about anyone else that was gay, felt like the only guy that was. Found out one of my teachers was gay. They found a picture of him kissing his boyfriend and set that as a wallpaper on all the computers. Two weeks later he quit. Didn't have any real friends.
WTF?! Poor guy :(

You can't say this and not share some of them! :p

KmA

I feel like that everything that needed to be said has been said. But I just want to chime in saying that Lesbians are awesome. Ellen is the greatest and my best friend is a lesbian. Anyone who hates on them hates on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom