• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non-plot, non-main character spoilers for Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney in order to talk about the game's portrayal of sex and fetishes:

I've been playing through Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and there is a very clear dom-sub relationship in the game. The characters talk about being into public humiliation, being physically walked on with dirty stilettos, and just all kinds of stuff, with the dom asking if one of the main cast members is into that kind of stuff and suggesting that they could join. It's also either an open relationship, polyamory, or just casual flings with multiple people. The word "sex" is obviously never said, but here's a direct quote: "I like being on the top."

This game previously censored alcohol, turning it into juice. I don't understand.

My guess is they made it vague enough for children to not understand the references but not vague enough for adults to catch it. Lots of cartoons do this as well. This is one of my favorite examples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC2D14fBtow

Since I started drinking Kopparberg has been my drink of choice. Only problem is it's a bit too fizzy. Otherwise though for alcohol it's delish.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see Trainwreck, starring racist comedian Amy Schumer.

Eh? Is there something about her I don't know?

Fake edit: Just did a quick Google search and some skimming to see what I could find. My takeaway: comedy and personas are complicated things to discuss when it comes to social issues, and entertainers should always have a clear understanding of their intent and aware of how their performance will be perceived.

Razmos

If I wanted to watch male strippers I'd just look for vids online (which would be better than anything you'd get in Magic Mike anyway).
Absolutely this. Magic Mike is just watered down sexiness for a mainstream audience. You could see far hotter stuff in just a few clicks on the internet.

It's a terrible film in terms of plot, acting, and doesn't deliver on the sexiness promised. The only reason it's "sexy" is because it has famous actors, if the actors in the film were nobodies, the film would have been a massive flop.

Grakl

Went out for tacos today, playing Magic later, then finishing up laying patio blocks tomorrow. Nothing special.

What class are you taking, Grakl?

Glad I wasn't the only one instinctively refreshing GAF today. I thought my phone was acting up until I tried in vain on the desktop. :(
A stats class and differential equations, hah

VegiHam

Zero Escape 3 confirmed YYESSSSSSSSSS ;_____;

This seems like a series I'd love, but the first one didn't come out here and the second one was Japanese only; so there's no real way for me to get into it and I've run across too many spoilers to bother. That said though I'm super happy that the fans' dreams came true!

AMAZING.

Loved the first one. Now I just need to beat Extreme Escape Adventure.
This seems like a series I'd love, but the first one didn't come out here and the second one was Japanese only; so there's no real way for me to get into it and I've run across too many spoilers to bother. That said though I'm super happy that the fans' dreams came true!

I. Am. So. Excited. OMG.

MY PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED.

Like. With this AND Digimon Cyber Sleuth getting confirmed?

Goodbye life :')

I'm getting kind of pumped! It's looking like I may be able to get a job as a museum curator. While it's not a position I ever thought I'd see myself in, I'd certainly love to give it a shot!

Between this and the same-sex marriage ruling (I'm so happy for you, America! :D) I've been having a pretty good past couple weeks. ^_^

Oh, and new thread ahead! Woooooooooo!

Bladenic

Eh? Is there something about her I don't know?

Fake edit: Just did a quick Google search and some skimming to see what I could find. My takeaway: comedy and personas are complicated things to discuss when it comes to social issues, and entertainers should always have a clear understanding of their intent and aware of how their performance will be perceived.

I was kidding. I am very excited for the movie because early review were very positive and I love her and her show.

I'm getting kind of pumped! It's looking like I may be able to get a job as a museum curator. While it's not a position I ever thought I'd see myself in, I'd certainly love to give it a shot!

Between this and the same-sex marriage ruling (I'm so happy for you, America! :D) I've been having a pretty good past couple weeks. ^_^

Oh, and new thread ahead! Woooooooooo!
Congrats! :D
What does a museum curator do anyways?

Kater

Banned
Should I post it already?

Also, I can't quote Berzeli's and Mumei's lists since that OT has been locked long ago. So there won't be any working links for trailers, etc. :/

Dany

Banned

Also, I can't quote Berzeli's and Mumei's lists since that OT has been locked long ago. So there won't be any working links for trailers, etc. :/

do it:D

Cutie and I walked so much today, all over the northside of chicago, the beach, around the neighborhood i'm going to be living in. It's so dope.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
do it:D

Cutie and I walked so much today, all over the northside of chicago, the beach, around the neighborhood i'm going to be living in. It's so dope.

Your post is adorable.

For whatever reason, it reminded me of this commercial, and specifically brought to mind the last live-action scene. Walking on rainbows, all over town...that's how I imagined you and your cutie.

berzeli

Banned

I still have the list if you want to include it. However I'm not at home at the moment so I don't have access to it right now. It could probably do with an update anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom