• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Are you actually wanting to be set up?
Are you excited to meet this guy?
Do you need to be nervous about a total stranger that you might or might not meet?

IMO you shouldnt feel so worried about it. If it works nice and if it doesnt oh well there are more guys around.

My thoughts on relationships and dating are really complex, but I think I can answer your questions with:

1) 70% yes, 30% NOOO
2) Maybe? I know nothing about him, so I'm as excited to meet him as anyone else people introduce me to, which admittedly is pretty typically more than I should be.
3) Of course not. Haha. That said, if I don't get contacted, that means I'm not very appealing to him on a surface level, which would be a bit of a bummer (but honestly, whatevs).

You're totally right. Now that the initial rush has passed, I think I'm back to being rational about it.
Unless I receive a friend request or message from him, in which case I will likely care too much again, oops

Reading this made me realize how sweet you are. You are one of a kind. :)

You say you are asexual (at least I think you did) but to me you seem like a hopeless romantic sort of person. Which again is very sweet imo.

Your comment is unbelievably nice. Like, really. <3 <3 <3

I think you're 100% correct about me being a hopeless romantic (related song recommendation). If I ever end up in a relationship, it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

You remembered correctly, though I'm still trying to figure out lots of things about that and may self-identify differently at some point (long story).

Anyone excited for Tales of Zestiria in this thread?

I've generally played the Tales games co-op with my friend, so I'm very hopeful we end up in the same place as each other at some point and can play it. Count me in as excited though. I've been wanting to play as Mikleo since seeing the cast and the opening video (even if his artes ended up seeming a bit disappointing).

yas to this song

I'm one of those people who needs about 10 alarms spread across 30 mins to wake up

Same. Sleepy me is not having it and shuts off the first several alarms without me ever thinking about it.

Oh man me too.

Actually, even on my days off, I set a couple of alarms way earlier than I'd want to wake up. I just love waking up super early, relishing in the fact that I can go back to sleep and doing exactly that.

It's the simple pleasures in life.

Anyone excited for Tales of Zestiria in this thread?

I sort of am? Last Tales of game I played was Vesperia so it's been a while. I was gonna pick up Xillia but I heard such mixed things about it. It seems like every Tales of game after Vesperia excells in combat and drops the ball in story, or has really cool story and characters and lame combat...

t9S1m6jl.jpg

This is England.
This is depressingly accurate. It's particularly bad when people continuously wish the weather was good, and as soon as it warms up it's as if the world has been plunged into hell.

During cold winters the Irish news coverage is the other extreme, with constant reports of individuals dying due to the extremely cold conditions, the high levels of injuries caused by treacherous conditions (with montages of people slipping for hilarity taking up five minutes), hourly reports on the decreasing level of salt, comments on the lethal road conditions, and need of the mass infrastructure damage. One would swear the country was at war.

Alrus

Never try to have drunk sex without lube because you're too drunk to find it, you'll regret it the next day >.>

Also here's a gif of Channing Tatum just because :

5593eb39fa1d030e0ac6a51f_ct-vogue.gif

Channing Tatum is ugly.

Will respectfully disagree :p

I wouldn't call him ugly. I don't like famous guys (or famous women) because everyone is going gaga over them. Plus they give regular guys an unfair standard expected by men and women when dating/hooking up. I'm sure I'd find him attractive if he wasn't desired by so many people, though.

Edit: I feel like I'm being pessimistic so he is hot :p but I can see why people wouldn't like him.

Oh man me too.

Actually, even on my days off, I set a couple of alarms way earlier than I'd want to wake up. I just love waking up super early, relishing in the fact that I can go back to sleep and doing exactly that.

It's the simple pleasures in life.

You.... set an alarm on your day off? That's just a step above my level of crazy.

Channing Tatum is ugly.

My boyfriend thinks this as well. I politely disagree.

Razmos

The thing is, he's a bad actor. The only reason he's famous is because he's attractive, and yet, I just don't find him attractive at all. He's ugly at worst and average at best, I just don't get the appeal.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The thing is, he's a bad actor. The only reason he's famous is because he's attractive, and yet, I just don't find him attractive at all. He's ugly at worst and average at best, I just don't get the appeal.
Blame She's The Man and Step Up tbh.

Razmos

I had someone really obviously checking me out today, he was on the bus when I got on it, and I thought he was pretty cute, he looked right at me as I got on, and then looked at me again when we got up to get off the bus.
Then he was going in the same direction as me and kinda kept up with me, and when we went in different directions I turned to look at him and he looked right back. Literally every time I looked at him he was checking me out :p

I really can't think of another time when a guy has checked me out like that. Was a really nice ego boost :p
For clarification my ass looks fantastic in my work trousers.

Vazra

I had someone really obviously checking me out today, he was on the bus when I got on it, and I thought he was pretty cute, he looked right at me as I got on, and then looked at me again when we got up to get off the bus.
Then he was going in the same direction as me and kinda kept up with me, and when we went in different directions I turned to look at him and he looked right back. Literally every time I looked at him he was checking me out :p

I really can't think of another time when a guy has checked me out like that. Was a really nice ego boost :p
For clarification my ass looks fantastic in my work trousers.

You should have said "looking?"

Kevyt

I think you're 100% correct about me being a hopeless romantic (related song recommendation). If I ever end up in a relationship, it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Sara Bareilles! The next song in youtube's autoplaylist was "Love Song", and I always thought it was Kelly Clarkson singing. Never knew it was Sara Bereilles until know.

Channing Tatum is ugly.

LY2uIxX.gif

Blame She's The Man and Step Up tbh.

saindo.gif

It's finally warm enough to go running while drenched in coconut oil. I can't wait to ascend!
tumblr_mrd291k3Q11qcu3vno1_500.gif

I'm taking a break from FFXIV today to do some well-needed miscellaneous tasks - lol

Channing Tatum and Chris Hemsworth both have sort of "otter" looking faces to me. Same with Tabatha Coffey.

1257370459_channing-290.jpg
chris-hemsworth-300.jpg
Tabatha+Coffey+Sp_IDhgdoE3m.jpg
=
Close-up-of-common-otter-head.jpg

But that's not a qualifier for attractiveness so take that however you would like!

Razmos

Goddamn having a picture of Channing Tatum next to Chris Hemsworth just makes it even more obvious how utterly average he is.
I really don't see the appeal at all. For other guys who I don't find attractive I at least have a sense of "It doesn't work for me, but i can see how other people might like it" him though? i'm drawing a blank.

Not even mentioning that awful facial hair.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Sara Bareilles! The next song in youtube's autoplaylist was "Love Song", and I always thought it was Kelly Clarkson singing. Never knew it was Sara Bereilles until know.

She's a favorite of mine. Love her music and she has an awesome personality, too.

Goddamn having a picture of Channing Tatum next to Chris Hemsworth just makes it even more obvious how utterly average he is.
I really don't see the appeal at all. For other guys who I don't find attractive I at least have a sense of "It doesn't work for me, but i can see how other people might like it" him though? i'm drawing a blank.

Not even mentioning that awful facial hair.

I'm going to have to agree with you. I don't understand his appeal. That said, I'm glad he has his fans.

Vazra

Everything people do in their 20s they can do in 30s, 40s etc. Some things might change in the way they are done by reasons like responsabilities or new aqcuired tastes or interests as we grow older. I dont have issues with aging. I kinda look up to see how I look with my greys and my saggy butt in my 70s or 80s. :p

Kevyt

I guess it's a fear of not being able to "realize your dreams" when you're young fpr whatever reason it is. I know it sounds corny, but it's somewhat true.

Zora Neale Hurston said it best in her book Their Eyes Were Watching God:

Ships at a distance have every man’s wish on board. For some they come in with the tide. For others they sail forever on the horizon, never out of sight, never landing until the Watcher turns his eyes away in resignation, his dreams mocked to death by Time.

That and the fear of ending alone and forgotten.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
It's definitely a lot harder to achieve goals/dreams when you're older, mainly because of time, money, and social or relationship responsibilities. Few people know as well as me that if you didn't make the "right" decisions 20 years ago, stuff is going to feel like chasing your tail.

And man, physical and health woes hit like a truck for me after 35.

It's definitely a lot harder to achieve goals/dreams when you're older, mainly because of time, money, and social or relationship responsibilities. Few people know as well as me that if you didn't make the "right" decisions 20 years ago, stuff is going to feel like chasing your tail.

And man, physical and health woes hit like a truck for me after 35.
Yep, once you hit a certain age, it becomes much harder to follow your dreams.
Obligations, health concerns, financial issues, etc.

Gazoinks

The gay marriage thread made me realize I've never actually posted here.

Your gender?: Vaguely male
Your sexual orientation?: Punsexual
Pansexual
Where Are You From?: Western Massachusetts
Where Do You Live?: Central California
How Old Are you?: 20
Favorite Type of Music?: Progressive rock, art rock, and associated pretentious bullshit.
Profession or Career interest?: I'm studying to go into sound design at the moment, although I've also entertained thoughts of writing, music, and game design. I'm an indecisive dabbler at heart.
Favorite video game(s)?: Hrm. Shadow of the Colossus, Arcanum, Grim Fandango, various Souls games, King of Dragon Pass, other things.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?: WRITING, listening to music, writing music, tabletop gaming (especially indie RPGs), more writing, wasting time.

Kevyt

Pansexual
Favorite Type of Music?: Progressive rock, art rock, and associated pretentious bullshit.
Profession or Career interest?: I'm studying to go into sound design at the moment, although I've also entertained thoughts of writing, music, and game design. I'm an indecisive dabbler at heart.
Favorite video game(s)?: Hrm. Shadow of the Colossus, Arcanum, Grim Fandango, various Souls games, King of Dragon Pass, other things.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?: WRITING, listening to music, writing music, tabletop gaming (especially indie RPGs), more writing, wasting time.

Welcome! What's your favorite souls game?

lol at the last part of your favorite music type. :p

Pansexual
Welcome! :)

I like your taste in music. :)

Everything people do in their 20s they can do in 30s, 40s etc. Some things might change in the way they are done by reasons like responsabilities or new aqcuired tastes or interests as we grow older. I dont have issues with aging. I kinda look up to see how I look with my greys and my saggy butt in my 70s or 80s. :p

What happened? Why banned? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom