• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the topic of gay dads from last page, I've been finding the concept of being raised by 2 gay dads really appealing, it's so non-"traditional" (hate this word but I couldn't find a better one to use) yet so full of love.
CIcBALeWEAAff0j.jpg
Can these two adopt me and be my gay daddies plz?
Maybe I just have a really bad daddy issues

I'm sure it's just me wigging out (and the pic itself is super heartwarming) but the dude on the right, his hand seems oddly small compared to the rest of him.

Probably just the angle from the pic.

Wait what the fuck? You're so beautiful. You're my fucking dreamboy. Zombie pls.

bth_i2XELp790RLD2_zps92a14945.gif

Y'know, I should be above shamelessly relishing in flattery like this, but I'm so not. Thanks, you're too kind. :p

Kevyt

m.imgur.com/gallery/MRlss

Ha

Ha!

Self-quoting from the salt thread:

I read this article titled "3 Ways to Talk to Your Children About the Supreme Court Ruling on 'Gay Marriage"

From the article:

1. Talk to your kids about homosexuality. If you haven't explained homosexuality to your children and they are at an age where they are starting to key in to all the hype in the media (and possibly among their peer groups), now is the time. This is your opportunity to communicate what God's Word says about homosexuality.

Our kids need to hear the truth from God's Word about this lifestyle. Some key verses to start with include Leviticus 18:22, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and Romans 1:26-28. Another point you might consider making with your children is that even though the Supreme Court made the choice to legalize gay marriage, it does not mean that this was the right choice. It's an unfortunate truth we have to share with our children, but governments and rulers don't always make the right choices (shocking, I know).

2. Show your children how to show the love of Christ to gay people. We should take a lot of comfort in the fact that it's not our job to judge people. When I was in university, I took a job where my immediate superior was another student who identified himself as a homosexual.

3. Don't be intimidated. Like I mentioned earlier, there is a lot of emotional hype in the media right now concerning this decision. Don't let it take you for a ride.

I'm rolling my eyes. In the first point, the author talks about telling your children about Leviticus and Romans, texts that supposedly condemn homosexuality. Point number 2 talks about teaching your children to show the love of god to gay people. Number 3 talks about not being intimidated and sharing the truth with your kids.

There's no logical followup to each of the three points the author is making; "1) gay people are an abomination because the bible says so, 2) God still loves them and we must show them, oh and I worked with a student in university who was a homosexual!3) Don't be intimidated by the gays!" lol at number 2.

Like what... seriously, "I had/have gay friends" is the new "I have black friends but ...."

I would the case that using the bible to teach your kids about human sexuality is a really bad way to go about it. I also think it's child abuse. Have they ever considered how devastating point number one could be if their child is gay?

This is some terrible salt. I:

Point number one though...

oprah-book2.gif

That's child abuse.

Self-quoting from the salt thread:

Point number one though...

oprah-book2.gif

That's child abuse.
One thing I was grateful for growing up was that my parents weren't Bible thumpers. I know now that it is okay to be who I am and those verses are BS, but I doubt my young self would have known better. My parents were still against LGBTQIA+ rights, though.

Symphonia

Banned
New thread? It doesn't close until page 200/400, right? This will be a first for me.

Please PM me if this was something more serious.
It was more of a play on the heatwave in the UK being the death of me. It ties in nicely with the thread being close to the end, though.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
It was more of a play on the heatwave in the UK being the death of me. It ties in nicely with the thread being close to the end, though.

Ah, ok. Heat is the worst. I'm much more of a cold weather guy. I'd much rather have rain, wind, and the ability to see my breath before I have to deal with sweating after walking a block.

Symphonia

Banned
Ah, ok. Heat is the worst. I'm much more of a cold weather guy. I'd much rather have rain, wind, and the ability to see my breath before I have to deal with sweating after walking a block.
Absolutely. It's easier to warm up on a cold day, than it is to cool down on a hot day. Winter over summer any day.

Dany

Banned
We havn't gotten a heat wave yet in the midwest :/ :/

I want a reason to wear my booty shorts in public. Also,the high for today is 66, lol summer.

Delio

Oh you guys are free to take our constant mid 90s dry heat and give me your cold right now thanks. It even rained earlier today and BAM humid as fuck and I almost died.

Monocle

Hey, so I was gone for a while and apparently the Supreme Court said it's OK for US Gay-GAF to get married and stuff. So who are you going to marry/divorce first? And most importantly, how can we further undermine the Judeo-Christian foundation upon which this great country was built, thereby deepening the shame of our most hallowed forefathers?

Behold, how our influence spreads:

Discuss.

I absolutely love this. Who needs friends when you have Siri, honestly?

Razmos

I'm absolutely melting. of all the weeks to be doing work experience it would be this one, haha.

I had a cute encounter today, there was a really cute guy at the bus stop the last few days and I think I saw him glancing at me a few times.
Anyway, today he was walking behind me as we had just gotten off the bus, and I dropped my ticket by accident without realizing, and he came running up to get level with me and gave me back my ticket with a really cute smile and we talked briefly before I thanked him like 3 times, and I gave him a little wave before we went in different directions.

It was cute, got my heart all aflutter.

bigkrev

Do people in Europe seriously not have air conditioners in their homes? I was glancing at the early pages of the thread and people were saying this, and I was loosing my mind.

I'm too used to the 0 degree winters and 100+ degree summers of the northeast, I guess.

Ty4on

Always struck me as bizarre that Illinois is. It's on the eastern portion of the map!
Glad I'm not the only one :p

Weather here on Malta is bizarre to someone like me used to variation. It's clear skies and highs of 30-31C with a light breeze every day. I'm not complaining though.
Do people in Europe seriously not have air conditioners in their homes? I was glancing at the early pages of the thread and people were saying this, and I was loosing my mind.

I'm too used to the 0 degree winters and 100+ degree summers of the northeast, I guess.
I remember seeing a billion inverters on the walls in Rome some years ago, but much of Europe doesn't see 30C very often. North America is surpassingly far south of you look at the latitudes.

They're super common in Norway for heating though.

I'm absolutely melting. of all the weeks to be doing work experience it would be this one, haha.

I had a cute encounter today, there was a really cute guy at the bus stop the last few days and I think I saw him glancing at me a few times.
Anyway, today he was walking behind me as we had just gotten off the bus, and I dropped my ticket by accident without realizing, and he came running up to get level with me and gave me back my ticket with a really cute smile and we talked briefly before I thanked him like 3 times, and I gave him a little wave before we went in different directions.

That's really cute. I have only had one guy randomly in public act like that. Usually guys are rude when they come onto me. Like that is supposed to get me to like them. :/

How are they rude to you? That sucks.
Treating me like a sex object instead of a human being. Like the first words out of their mouth is "hey, baby, want to go back to my place?" No, because I don't just get into bed with random people without getting to know them first. Or random comments about my ass. It's mostly how they say it.

Kevyt

Treating me like a sex object instead of a human being. Like the first words out of their mouth is "hey, baby, want to go back to my place?" No, because I don't just get into bed with random people without getting to know them first. Or random comments about my ass. It's mostly how they say it.

Wow... To be honest I would be flattered if a guy came up to me like that. lol xD

I can totally understand you! Must be tiresome to constantly hear that. Indeed, it's all about how a person communicates his/her message.

1 hour and 10 minutes of work out. Somehow I dont wanna stop.

Congrats! What's your workout routine like? Your motivation is inspiring, keep it up! :)

Alrus

It's regarded as unnecessary in a good part of Europe because our climate is very temperate most of the time. Good isolation and a decent heating system are seen as a better investment. I've never had AC in any of my house/apt so far.

Also I'm at my third cold shower, and I think my shower is broken, put it on the lowest heat possible and the water was still lukewarm :(

Wow... To be honest I would be flattered if a guy came up to me like that. lol xD

I can totally understand you! Must be tiresome to constantly hear that. Indeed, it's all about how a person communicates his/her message.

Well, I wouldn't mind being told I have a nice ass if they weren't random creeps. :p They are mostly not my type too.

So since posting my facebook coming out message I've received messages from 2 family members close to my unsupportive mother saying they need to speak to me. No one has called or messaged me for about 6 weeks to ask how I was so clearly she's put them up to speak to me. Ugh I hate this they clearly don't actually want anything to do with me they'll just echo my mum's sentiment. :/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Congrats! What's your workout routine like? Your motivation is inspiring, keep it up! :)
Jogging/walking on the threadmill usually for 30 mins which has changed to 1 hour , squats, use 5 pounds weights with some aerobics for 30 minutes so things dont sag too much as I lose weight and push ups and pull ups. Some days I do more and some less. Its all in the mood.

Don't forget a good diet on the side :p

VegiHam

We don't need it for 350 days out of the year, and it'd be hugely expensive to install in most places to only use for a couple of weeks or so. I'm loving it in England at the moment, but I'm biased because I don't have anything important to do right now. If I had to work in it I'd be miserable.

Razmos

That's really cute. I have only had one guy randomly in public act like that. Usually guys are rude when they come onto me. Like that is supposed to get me to like them. :/
lol, I sure hope he was coming onto me. I'll probably see him again tomorrow, so who knows?
I can imagine how getting hit on like that would suck. I definitely wouldn't mind it at first though, would be a nice confidence boost, haha.

Also a youtuber I like did a Top 5 Favourite LGBT characters video, and she really knows her stuff and explains why these characters are important.

Kater

Banned

Aww, that's so cute. :3

There's a post on reddit and the majority of comments seem to be about how the SCOTUS was wrong and that gay marriage should be up to the states. I really wish we could timewarp reddit back to the days when interracial marriage was legalized. I'd absolutely love to see those comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom