• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Yeah over the past two years I've really come into this understanding. Beforehand something always felt "off" and I didn't know why, but now I do.

Edit: and I'm not sure if it is trans or not? I don't really feel like it's comparable to the struggle that trans people go through, but I do feel as though there are some parallels.

Yeah, I wouldn't consider myself trans at all, but I really don't know, I don't quite know how to articulate exactly what I feel and to what degree. I know that I'm male, and I'm comfortable with that, but I think I would feel comfortable identifying as gender neutral as well.

I need to think on it more!

For me, the largest hurdle was accepting that I didn't need to justify or defend my feelings -- or even name them. I learned that I just needed to be comfortable with myself and everything after that would work itself out. Luckily my husband was very supportive, so I think that helped create a space where I could explore.

I've been all over you on IG :p
hXIloD8.jpg

Viva Italia :)

Also, happy birthday!! <3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
First post in the new thread! Tbh, I had a pretty miserable couple of days and was having a hard time recovering, but I'm doing a bit better now and feel up to showing my avatar's lovely round yellow monkey face in here again. :)

D: Were you ill? At any rate, I'm glad you're doing better now.

I'm not sure if anyone will remember, but in the last OT, I mentioned that my friend had tried to connect me with someone from his class through Facebook. Well, Facebook guy messaged me today. So far, he's actually really entertaining to talk to and we have a surprisingly compatible style of messaging and sense of humor. At least, that's my perspective so far. I haven't actually looked at his profile yet beyond seeing the thumbnail of his picture because I don't want to get to know him that way. On a related note, he apparently told my friend today that he thought I was "pretty." Of course, he was only looking at my Facebook photos (so who knows what he'd think of me IRL...ugh), but I'm pretty sure that's the first time any gay male has ever said that I was attractive in any way while not being incredibly intoxicated. I don't even know what to do about that, so as of now, I'm just trying to refrain from poking holes in the compliment in my head too much and letting it be.

That certainly sounds promising! Are you going to pursue him?

Rayis

Yeah, I wouldn't consider myself trans at all, but I really don't know, I don't quite know how to articulate exactly what I feel and to what degree. I know that I'm male, and I'm comfortable with that, but I think I would feel comfortable identifying as gender neutral as well.

For me, the largest hurdle was accepting that I didn't need to justify or defend my feelings -- or even name them. I learned that I just needed to be comfortable with myself and everything after that would work itself out. Luckily my husband was very supportive, so I think that helped create a space where I could explore.

The way you guys feel about your gender is also similar to the way I feel about mine, I identify as male mostly out of convenience more than anything, I use the label gender nonconforming to describe myself due to the fact that despite being born male, I don't let my genitalia or chromosomes define my behavior, I simply behave in a way that comes naturally to me.

It feels so nice knowing I'm not alone on this <333

The way you guys feel about your gender is also similar to the way I feel about mine, I identify as male mostly out of convenience more than anything, I use the label gender nonconforming to describe myself due to the fact that despite being born male, I don't let my genitalia or chromosomes define my behavior, I simply behave in a way that comes naturally to me.

tumblr_n5ba7evrUs1qmcq3wo2_500.gif

Dany

Banned
It's hard for me to relate or understand that perspective. It feels foreign to me. I am male and identify as male.

Sai-kun

Banned

Preach! Just accepting things (in general, not even when it comes to gender identity stuff) is something that I struggle with and have been working on over the past 10 months or so. I always have a really strong urge to be super introspective and figure out why things are a certain way, and that can get in the way of me just accepting the way things are.

Yeah, it's pretty comforting actually. I knew I couldn't be the only person that felt this way, but I'm happy to have a little confirmation that it's not just me :3 The bolded is definitely how I'm trying to live my life.

It's hard for me to relate or understand that perspective. It feels foreign to me. I am male and identify as male.

Same here. So for me, it's certainly hard to relate because I haven't had the same experiences. However, I do believe I understand, and most definitely accept/respect, regardless of that.

Vitanimus

On a different note, every time a thread like this pops up:
Sex Life

It's like:
I have stuff to say that is directly related to the OP
I have stuff that could contribute to the discourse of the thread
It's not like the only people posting in the thread are people who have sex all the time - there are plenty of people posting in there that they don't have sex, that they haven't had sex in <x> amount of time, that they've never had sex, etc.

But, I know by now that no one wants my posts in those threads.
That they're unwelcome.
And that they'll just lead down the same paths of conversation that they have in other threads - less about the thread itself, and more about me specifically.

And that, if I don't post at all, someone's just going to bring me up anyway.
And there definitely have been examples of that happening in other threads, lest anyone think it's just my imagination.

It's fun being a running joke.
Whose thoughts, feelings, and opinions are basically just narrowed down to clichés.

I'm not bothering anymore.
There's no reason to.

gurl stop

I went into the thread you linked expecting for people to be shitting on you or something, but all you did was make it about yourself which is the exact problem you already described

you literally went into thread basically being "WOW I'M NOT EVEN GONNA SAY ANYTHING.....I KNOW YOU'RE ALL SICK OF IT......" cos then of course you're gonna get people replying to you

if you don't wanna post about w/e don't tell everyone about it, just do it &#9989; soz if this seems harsh

Same

I think I understand most of where the posts are coming from and mostly agree but I wouldn't say that because of my actions that I identify as something other than my assigned gender, but rather I identify as my assigned gender that doesn't comply with the stereotypical expectations. idk if that makes sense

That's okay too. From a contentment perspective it is certainly more peaceful to not have to belabor your thoughts in that way.

Preach! Just accepting things (in general, not even when it comes to gender identity stuff) is something that I struggle with and have been working on over the past 10 months or so. I always have a really strong urge to be super introspective and figure out why things are a certain way, and that can get in the way of me just accepting the way things are.

Yeah, it's pretty comforting actually. I knew I couldn't be the only person that felt this way, but I'm happy to have a little confirmation that it's not just me :3 The bolded is definitely how I'm trying to live my life.

Do you know your myers briggs personality type indication? Not to add anymore introspection to the mix, but for me knowing how I process information helped me curb the tendency to "plot" out all thought arrays, haha.

What is Myers Briggs?

Anyways, even though I put male as my gender it is a little more complicated than that. I mainly act "masculine" but I like to act "feminine" in bed.

Edit: never mind the post above mine answered it already.

Same. I may not be the manliest man out there but I am male and I don't know how to be otherwise. Even though I feel that way, I would never treat anyone who felt differently with scorn or disrespect.

RM8

Same. I don't feel strongly about my gender, identifying completely as male feels just right to me. I can imagine people experiencing discomfort by identifying completely with one gender, but it's not something I can relate to, I don't feel being just a guy is restrictive at all for me.

I expect a special pic for me on my Instagram inbox on Saturday.
Just be careful:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1076651

:p

I'd die of that happened to me.

I can understand (or at least I think I understand) transsexuality, but what does being gender neutral mean? Does it mean you oscillate between feeling like a male and feeling like a female?

I can understand (or at least I think I understand) transsexuality, but what does being gender neutral mean? Does it mean you oscillate between feeling like a male and feeling like a female?

Kind of? For me, I feel like I can't fully identify with being male or female. I don't take offense when people call me a man, since outwardly that's what I look like.

I'm trying to find a good online test for this. Anyone mind linking me one?

Terrible site, but good (imo) test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

terrisus

Ha, it's the least common type, and here's 3 INFJs in one thread.

Birds of a feathers, flocking together.

Kind of like how when there are threads about penis size on GAF, so many people are claiming* to be in the top percentiles.
Clearly GAF attracts well-endowed people.

"Claiming," but most without related difficulties to support their claims

Symphonia

Banned
Kind of like how when there are threads about penis size on GAF, so many people are claiming* to be in the top percentiles.

Clearly GAF attracts well-endowed people.[/SPOILER]
I think I know the thread you're on about. I actually was/am in the top percentiles, and have photographic evidence to back me up, as you - and most of the folk in here - can vouch for.

terrisus

I think I know the thread you're on about. I actually was/am in the top percentiles, and have photographic evidence to back me up, as you - and most of the folk in here - can vouch for.

Hey now, I've never seen photographic evidence
(I don't need to, don't worry :þ)
I was more referring to how we've had some common experiences with things obviously not being designed for people who were larger there than the norm :þ

Sheik

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Just took the quiz and I got INTP. Sounds pretty accurate. All my faults neatly and succinctly wrapped up. :/

alvmew

ENFJ. If I recall, this is the result I always get whenever I take these tests (as I've done it a few times over the years). Totally accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom