• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrisus

So, like, my girl started discussing marriage and children earlier on Skype. I didn't know how to react so I showed her how to make my chili chicken pasta bake. She hung up just as I was getting to the good part. Crisis averted?

Long story short, this girl and I are in a LDR. We've known each other for a fair while but only recently took it to the next level. Things are going great, moving at a comfortable pace - until tonight when she starts talking marriage and children and settling down in the suburbs. Like, yeah, I like her...but it's way too soon to be talking long-term future plans. And I was really hungry. So it seemed like a good time to cook while on Skype.

Well, hey, I started talking marriage a couple of weeks into my relationship...

(Of course, nearly 13 years later, and here I am... >.>)

P.S. Should have shown her how far gaming has come since Super Mario World :þ

Symphonia

Banned
Well, hey, I started talking marriage a couple of weeks into my relationship...

(Of course, nearly 13 years later, and here I am... >.>)
But it's not like we've met yet. We're due to soon (I'm flying over there) and, yeah, we'll go from there. So for her to just bring up marriage and having kids was just...woah.

HylianTom

Banned
Thanks, peeps! Married life is kinda the same as before. I wonder when my traditional family-destroying superpowers kick-in?

Congrats! =)

And, awesome rings <3
Need that NSider Sage badge to go with it :þ
The Sage pin is usually on my ballcap, but Greg has talked me into swapping it out for a less-rare pin. He's scared that something'll happen and it'll pop-off of the hat somehow..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlQ-dtECcAAsVKS.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
sexual dissatisfaction because my body doesn't work properly, thus relationship strain.

extra thick condoms + cock ring

We're doing fantastic - we both had off from work all last week, and we got married last Thursday!

(I posted a few pics in the SCOTUS thread. It was a quickie-type wedding. We had a small family dinner this weekend, with a bigger house party to come later this year.)
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=170717822

omg congrats!!!! :D

terrisus

But it's not like we've met yet. We're due to soon (I'm flying over there) and, yeah, we'll go from there. So for her to just bring up marriage and having kids was just...woah.

Wouldn't stop me.

If - for me - I were talking to a woman from England, I would definitely be talking marriage and children before we even met.
I mean, if that situation were to arise...
And I was available...
Hypothetically...
Just saying...
You know...
>.>

Kinsei

Banned
So I need advice. I just found out I have two half sisters that have been trying to get into contact with me for eight years.I do want to get into contact with them, but what do I say?

terrisus

The Sage pin is usually on my ballcap, but Greg has talked me into swapping it out for a less-rare pin. He's scared that something'll happen and it'll pop-off of the hat somehow..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlQ-dtECcAAsVKS.jpg

Yeah, I definitely understand that. I have so many things that would look really cool in different places, but worry about losing them/them getting damaged/etc.
I think my Sage pin is up in the garage at my in-laws' >.> Everything was organized and I knew where it was until my mother sold her house and moved back in 2012, and everything just got tossed into boxes and I took the things that were labelled as being mine

I feel bad that I've lost touch with almost everyone from NSider.
Of course, part of the issue there was their restriction on exchanging personal information...
...Which I had to actually be responsible for enforcing =(
But which we kind of worked around ourselves anyway >.>

That was such a strange time in a way...
It feels like a lifetime ago...
Another life...

Sigh...
=(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So I need advice. I just found out I have two half sisters that have been trying to get into contact with me for eight years.I do want to get into contact with them, but what do I say?

nOC9iBn.gif

DOWN

Banned
Thanks, peeps! Married life is kinda the same as before. I wonder when my traditional family-destroying superpowers kick-in?
I think it works like The Force and your sense of contentment is felt by as a disturbance to Chritians automatically, as if millions of Traditional Family™ voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

berzeli

Banned
To whom? And saying things about something specific or in general?
If your half-sisters have been trying to get in contact with you for eight years it sort of feels like they have something to say. So I wouldn't be too worried about them.

A+ reference. <3

Subaru

I have 3 half-sisters and I get along with them. I know them since they were born, but I never lived with two of them (they are from my father's 2nd and 3rd marriage and I used to live with my mom) and the third sister I lived for about 3/4 years - after this I went to college and never looked back.

Just give them the chance to know you! It may not be important to you right now, but can be for them! =)

DOWN

Banned
My mother did this and they didn't really connect. Hope it works for you.

Nohar

I have official Bayonetta 2 earrings. Those things were expensive as hell and now I'm never wearing them.

That extremely weird moment when you actually want to possess earrings despite being male and definitly not a drag IRL.

Those earrings are just beautiful... @_@

(Yeah, I love Bayonetta).

Kinsei

Banned
So I texted one of my sisters and asked if we could hold off on the conversation until tomorrow since I'm really drained from my weekend away.

That extremely weird moment when you actually want to possess earrings despite being male and definitly not a drag IRL.

Those earrings are just beautiful... @_@

(Yeah, I love Bayonetta).

Tons of guys wear earrings. Get them and rock them!

Fabulous knows no gender.

This. Some days I wear makeup, some days I don't. Some days I wear big banjee earrings and heels, and other days I'll walk around in a sort of post-goth niqab with boots.

I'm a guy, but I'm not going to let others' perceptions of gender-rules dictate how I want to look or feel.

At 3:30 p.m. today, Joe Stapleton and Jim Cato walked into the Hood County Clerk’s Office to pick up their marriage license — 10 days after the U.S. Supreme Court made it legal for same-sex couples to marry in all 50 states, and about 12 hours hours after the couple sued Hood County Clerk Katie Lang to get their license.

Katie lang... K.D. Lang?

Hmm...

Also, maybe sort of NSFW - ESPN Body Issue covers (the men at least)

Kevin Love
http://i.imgur.com/m1rgiGS.jpg

Bryce Harper
http://i.imgur.com/ZZCBvRS.jpg

Odell Beckham Jr
http://i.imgur.com/IhA68jq.jpg

I always think of K.D. Lang whenever I'm trying to remember that dumb Mass Effect character named Kai Leng. Who the hell is K.D. Lang, and why do I know her name?

I dunno. Shes just been one of those lesbian singers from Canada you hear about from time to time.

Kater

Banned
Odell and Kevin are my faves out of those three.

Those two have some nice form. :3

I never heard of those people, professional sports are as unknown to me as dead languages. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom