• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

My initial reaction to Paradise
tumblr_n9gzu1Qhvu1rfduvxo1_400.gif

But it grew on me still my least favorite on the EP though.

Yeah it grows on you totally.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sucker was still great. I'm still mad I missed out on her performance at Lolla last summer because I had a bladder infection. Still made it to Lolla the next day to see Twenty One Pilots tho, lol.

It really does.

I loved Sucker but it kinda sucks she softened up the album in the end.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Charlie XCX's song with Miike Snow is p. gud~

That's a lot of wasted paint.

It depends on what type of paint it is. Oil takes forever to dry. Tempera will eventually but not very quickly at that quantity and will probably crack after a while because the outer layer will dry out first, then the moisture inside will try to escape creating fissures in the "skin." I don't really know of anyway you could without some kind of damage. You may have to bake it at a low heat and have it slowly dehydrate but that may require a special paint. Maybe you could use latex paint instead?

In other words: I've helped not one bit.

In those videos, I believe he's using plain acrylic paint mixed with water and a bit of alcohol. I don't know anything about paint though, so I have no idea how that combo would dry. I really like the way the fluid paintings look and would love to try to make one myself, but it'd be a shame to buy all the stuff (pints of paint!) only create a picture that I would have to wipe up instead of frame.

B-Dex

I'm sad that getting go is no longer on Netflix. It was fun to put on if I didn't know what to watch. 😩😩😩😩😩😩

What do you guys buy at the grocery store? My weekly bill (for 2 people mind you) seems really high. But that's having meat at every dinner.

I need some good meatless recipes or something.

Crayons

Banned
What do you guys buy at the grocery store? My weekly bill (for 2 people mind you) seems really high. But that's having meat at every dinner.

I usually buy beans, chicken, and soups. Pretty cheap.

I don't ever buy steaks or expensive meats like that

Good article, nice to get to read about POC's perspective on that topic.

Most people would go it's my preference there's nothing slightly odd about it at all!!!.

At least he's taking the time to really inspect his attractions and at least for him can be changed. I am going to share this article, it's such a good read.

Like I said before on this topic, there's a difference between having a preference and slathering "No ____ PLEASE!" on your profile. Just decline someone normally if there's nothing that interests you.

3phemeral

Only meat we have is ground turkey. Otherwise it's a lot of rice, veggies, eggs, fruits and...protein shakes (which is probably the single-most expensive bulk item we buy). Beans are amazingly versatile, especially if you make it into a "refried" paste that can be used for dips, bell-pepper stuffing, omelettes - and it's incredibly cheap. We buy a 50 lb bag of jasmine rice that lasts us for almost a year (we eat rice with practically everything).

I like making my own peanut butter to avoid a majority of them that use canola/palm oll, sugar and salt additives. It's also cheaper if a little time consuming.

Thai curries are also a very cheap way considering how much you can make with a tablespoon of paste e.g. Masaman curry can be made with a ton of carrots and potatoes and (if you want) peanuts.

We also take advantage of sales (I'm pretty bad at that, admittedly, unless it's those 88 cent diet vanilla root beer deals). Also try checking for an overstock section for produce. They used to have one at the Meijer here but it's been pretty scarce lately, and mostly filled with soggy, overripe stuff (ew).

Lastly, frozen produce is a good alternative if you don't have room or find your produce spoils before you can get to it. It also comes with the additional benefit that it has a higher nutritional value than ones that sit on the shelf for days or weeks.

Elitist1945

Ugh my wisdom teeth are finally starting to hurt. I should've got them out when I was covered by my parents - I can't afford to get them out anymore lol.

Hope I get used to the pain.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

What's considered "high" will vary from place to place, but I/we buy for two and it doesn't seem abnormally expensive, although there's been a definite shift in our buying habits towards taking advantage of sales, clearance or overstock, bulk, and coupons (both paper and app-based). I'm lucky, too, that working in the food industry means I can raid the restaurant for a quick shopping trip now and then, hah. We hardly ever have to buy eggs, cheese, tortillas, dairy, or a nice assortment of veggies because of this. ;)

I tend to mentally plan out in advance all the meals I want to make for the week, and will often focus on something that can be used for multiple meals rather than being really specific. We've always got huge bundles of kale in the fridge since it's super versatile, healthy, and last for quite a while. Beans, potato, rice, cornmeal, etc.. Keep a lot of spices on hand! Buy traditionally "lesser" cuts of meat and in bigger amounts: they're better tasting, more versatile, and significantly cheaper than, say, boneless skinless chicken breast and pretty cuts of pork.

Biggest improvement someone can make, imo, is just to learn more advanced cooking methods. You'll find yourself being creative and excited about working with fewer ingredients but still coming away with fantastic things to eat.

Nice article, I should start paying attention to Refinery29 considering it's right next to Cosmo whenever I'm checking my Snapchat stuff. I was in the opposite boat myself (white guy dating a black guy) and while I don't expect every black individual to be the paragon of discussion on identity politics and whatnot, he was pretty colorblind to that sort of stuff so it made it difficult for me to have discussions with him on topics like that. I think regardless of the race / gender / sexual orientation of my next partner, I do need to find someone who's actually interested in those sorts of topics to have discussions with. I know you quoted it already, but that passage especially stood out to me:

There are also times when I feel like my white partners are trying to overcompensate for their whiteness. They start social justice conversations, bringing up racism and homophobia almost as if they're trying to prove how down they are. It makes me wonder why they’re interested in me. Are they using me as an experimental phase? Does it give them a sense of moral superiority around other white people, as if they are more progressive? Does it make them feel less guilty about gentrifying the neighborhood?

Like, "social justice conversations" are just part of who I am, and I by no means had them exclusively with my black partner - not to mention I more or less gave up trying to have those conversations because he seemed wholly disinterested on the topics in general, and not just disinterested in discussing them with me, specifically. While I couldn't possibly understand in full the social complications of being a black gay male, I've been pseudo-doxxed on this very board which called to nature the fact that I was in an interracial relationship in an attempt to suggest I belonged to the questions the latter part of that quote suggested. Like, the fuck? Sit down. I was in a relationship that just happened to be interracial - I'm not on some crusade to only canoodle with people of color, but considering I tend to gravitate towards minority individuals due to their experience and familiarity with the overlying current of white supremacy in America much in the same way I don't find myself attracted to straight men or women very often because not very many have understood the ramifications of me being pansexual (tl;dr just because I can be attracted to anyone doesn't mean I'm inherently poly or slutty), it's probably not going to be the last interracial relationship I'm in, either.

Like I said before on this topic, there's a difference between having a preference and slathering "No ____ PLEASE!" on your profile. Just decline someone normally if there's nothing that interests you.

I mean, the deeper you go, the more those lines start to blur.

I doubt it. She's been downhill since Lights.

I mean you didn't lie.

Bright Lights still gets regular play from me. But you didn't like Halcyon at all? I liked it and its largely dream poppy sound, but it wasn't on the same level as Bright Lights. Then her EP addition was pretty much nothing but EDM Chartpop and Delirium largely continued that trend. I'd definitely prefer if she went back to the folktronica sound of her first album and evolved it in some way.

I mean you didn't lie.

Bright Lights still gets regular play from me. But you didn't like Halcyon at all? I liked it and its largely dream poppy sound, but it wasn't on the same level as Bright Lights. Then her EP addition was pretty much nothing but EDM Chartpop and Delirium largely continued that trend. I'd definitely prefer if she went back to the folktronica sound of her first album and evolved it in some way.

Halcyon felt really forced to me. Some of the production was alright, but it didn't feel as genuine as Lights/Bright Lights, which is a shame.

I just feel she is far too deep into the guest spot EDM Chartpop scene to ever do anything outside of that box, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom