• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

DOWN

Banned
I wonder how many years it will be before I am comfortable holding hands in all the same places straight couples do in the USA? I'm sure places like Dubai will be bullsh** about it for decades more since they suck for any couples still, but here? Hmm

Dealing with another internal crisis on whether to come out to my family. Another visit where I'm bombarded with questions about girlfriends or grandkids when I'm pansexual and honestly don't know what the gender of my life partner will be. Again I feel like just limiting and stifling my true self for their sake and just be happy dating women while simultaneously wanting to yell at them that this bullshit pressure to knock someone up when I don't only have a sexual attraction to women. Makes me want to explode.

Dealing with another internal crisis on whether to come out to my family. Another visit where I'm bombarded with questions about girlfriends or grandkids when I'm pansexual and honestly don't know what the gender of my life partner will be. Again I feel like just limiting and stifling my true self for their sake and just be happy dating women while simultaneously wanting to yell at them that this bullshit pressure to knock someone up when I don't only have a sexual attraction to women. Makes me want to explode.
Is it an assumption of heterosexuality without any further hostility towards the diversity of sexuality, or do you expect them to respond badly?

Is it an assumption of heterosexuality without any further hostility towards the diversity of sexuality, or do you expect them to respond badly?

Expect them to respond horribly. My parents and extended family are Christian and from a very homosexuality unfriendly culture; such to the point that I can basically expect to be shut out of the family entirely (cousins, aunts, & uncles etc.) if I were to come out

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Expect them to respond horribly. My parents and extended family are Christian and from a very homosexuality unfriendly culture; such to the point that I can basically expect to be shut out of the family entirely (cousins, aunts, & uncles etc.) if I were to come out

just stay in the closet - if you fall in love with a woman then you'll never have to come out and if you fall for a dude/other then you can cross that bridge when you come to it

Thanks. It was my first time wearing contacts and it was rough.

I'm too scared to wear contacts lolol

May I ask how old you are? I'm actually in the closet. And my plan is to get a stable financial life before coming out. My family is incredibly homophobic, but I know they won't care (too much) about my sexuality if I was doing good in life to begin with. Even then, I'm in my mid-20s, so if I do come out sometime soon, they can't play the "well you don't actually know what you are..." card, and I'm gonna stand my ground.

They should rename Anime conventions to Letters Convention featuring hetrosexuals

Also why is the manga "Slam Dunk" exclusively cosplay by lesbian/queer women here in Fort Worth lol

Beth Cyra

Go to A-KON convention

Tho apparently they had some small fuss that this pansexual trans male had a panel before the event.

I'd say there's maybe 35%+ Letters people here from just a glance, more if you probably converse with the people
Ehh that is a bit scary if that person passed at all given I'm a Trans chick and don't even remotely pass.

Still I'll look into it, can't be as bad as Sakura Con.

Ehh that is a bit scary if that person passed at all given I'm a Trans chick and don't even remotely pass.

Still I'll look into it, can't be as bad as Sakura Con.
According to Kieren (said person) was that he wasn't Japanese/Korean or cis. But there's a lot of trans people here at least at Kieran's panel more FtM than other

The UK has a very anti-queer, anti-sex-work, anti-choice party holding the balance of power. :(

At least it seems you have some independence from them it seems? It is still really bad and I don't want to minimise it even if that is the case.

just stay in the closet - if you fall in love with a woman then you'll never have to come out and if you fall for a dude/other then you can cross that bridge when you come to it

That's the plan for now

May I ask how old you are? I'm actually in the closet. And my plan is to get a stable financial life before coming out. My family is incredibly homophobic, but I know they won't care (too much) about my sexuality if I was doing good in life to begin with. Even then, I'm in my mid-20s, so if I do come out sometime soon, they can't play the "well you don't actually know what you are..." card, and I'm gonna stand my ground.

28. Sorry you even have to deal with similar circumstances

At least it seems you have some independence from them it seems? It is still really bad and I don't want to minimise it even if that is the case.

A bit. I'm currently in grad school and deal with significant chronic pain which requires me to rely on them quite a lot sadly.

Also trust that at least a few of us Americans know what it's like to live under an actively hostile power. It's fucked up when the best you're hoping from your politicians is that they tolerate you at best rather than try to round you up. But we'll see how many want to follow Chechnya's example

Gibbs

I somehow never saw this thread before... So the intro...

Your gender? I am of the lady variety.
Your sexual orientation? I like the ladies.
Where Are You From? America!!
Where Do You Live? Omaha
How Old Are you? 23
Favorite Type of Music? Classical
Profession or Career interest? Um... Is being lazy a career
Favorite video game(s)? The souls series, RPGs in general
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I like having a face.

Hoi.

Classical Music can never truly be appreciated. I listen to it at times when I go to bed or driving home after a bad day. Welcome btw!

Ooh as an update to me seeming to have freaked out about love in my relationship: all is VERY well. Been a month and he's fucking amazing, sooo happy :D

Excellent news! =)

Kewl. This is my genderbend cosplay of Rukia. I had a lot of fun doing this at Otakon a few years ago! I'm hoping to get a 9S cosplay ready someday because he's my absolute fave character at the moment and I'm pretty much the same build as him

OTU097Y.png

Adorableness confirmed.

I wonder how many years it will be before I am comfortable holding hands in all the same places straight couples do in the USA? I'm sure places like Dubai will be bullsh** about it for decades more since they suck for any couples still, but here? Hmm

I think its better in the States then it ever has been. Though other third world countries its hell. Also I believe its the area you live in, some states, cities specifically are way more welcoming than others. Regardless the hopes are that we eventually get a President who continues to push for equality and that "gay" couples become the normal and no longer feel the need to hide.

We deserve to hold hands with our SO, deserve to adopt and everything else without discrimination. Though I feel with each passing generation things will continue to get better and by the end of our lifetime, things will be considered "normal" for all. There will be no gay or straight, but love.

Though I think it could be something you may have to work though too and be comfortable in public holding your boyfriends hand. Remember your love for him can move mountains, and you don't answer to anyone other than him( a relationship is 50/50). Who cares what Susan who is wearing a spaghetti stained top with holes thinks, you are in love and thats all that matters.

Wishing you the best dude!

Gibbs

Happy pride month to everyone!!

o/

Woot! How have you been Cewyn?

Ok weird question... Am I alone with having zero interest attending a pride parade or event? My cousin and her wife want me to visit them in Colorado and attend a pride event and as much as I want to go visit them, the idea of attending pride just doesn't seem appealing.

Sure I am proud of the man I am, but I don't get why I have little to no interest. I think it could be that I am a private person and feel my sexual orientation doesn't define me? I just like being low key.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Ok weird question... Am I alone with having zero interest attending a pride parade or event? My cousin and her wife want me to visit them in Colorado and attend a pride event and as much as I want to go visit them, the idea of attending pride just doesn't seem appealing.

Sure I am proud of the man I am, but I don't get why I have little to no interest. I think it could be that I am a private person and feel my sexual orientation doesn't define me? I just like being low key.
Nothing wrong with not going to pride events. If you prefer to be at home or doing something else its fine.

Gibbs

Nothing wrong with not going to pride events. If you prefer to be at home or doing something else its fine.

I'd go with you though. ;) <3

Ohhh and a guy I have a crush snapped me. We were talking last night before I went to the gym and he said he was cleaning out clothes and asked if I wanted any. We both have lost a lot of weight and he knows the struggles of things fitting oddly, being too big, etc and told me to stop by and look. I thought it was extremely strange but I didn't give it much thought.

He has said I am attractive many times and has teased the idea of me stopping by... but I never gave it much thought. He's out of my league tbh.

I so want to woooo him. =(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd go with you though. ;) <3

Ohhh and a guy I have a crush snapped me. We were talking last night before I went to the gym and he said he was cleaning out clothes and asked if I wanted any. We both have lost a lot of weight and he knows the struggles of things fitting oddly, being too big, etc and told me to stop by and look. I thought it was extremely strange but I didn't give it much thought.

He has said I am attractive many times and has teased the idea of me stopping by... but I never gave it much thought. He's out of my league tbh.

I so want to woooo him. =(

Well the worst that can happen is not getting any clothes but have a ok to good conversation
and on the other hand this can lead to him using your legs as scarf while you lay in his bed.

EDIT: I would go to pride with you but fair warning that Im awkward at social events even if Im not afraid to take my shirt off for a free drink. *remembers the bear club in Tampa*

Adorableness confirmed.

*blushes*

You're not alone. Pride events aren't really my thing. It's not about the purpose of the event, it's going out and being in a big crowd. Just not my thing. I barely even go to conventions anymore.

JCX

I did stand-up at a local Pride event last weekend

Fgj4Q9Cl.jpg

This weekend is Motor City pride and by some perfect coincidence the Queen of Soul herself is having a free concert in Detroit today.

Then in 2 weeks I'm going to Chicago Pride to play for the Detroit flag football team in the Pride Bowl.

Hope ya'll are having fun!

WonderzL

Banned

Fgj4Q9Cl.jpg

This weekend is Motor City pride and by some perfect coincidence the Queen of Soul herself is having a free concert in Detroit today.

Then in 2 weeks I'm going to Chicago Pride to play for the Detroit flag football team in the Pride Bowl.

Good job. <3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Fgj4Q9Cl.jpg

Whoa! Any videos? :)

Dany

Banned

Fgj4Q9Cl.jpg

So proud!

dbztrk

Went to the Eagle in NYC last night. I haven't been there in years. It's so dirty and gross but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. However, it also reminded me of some of the things that I detest about gay life. The promiscuity and detachment.

I'll probably go back next Saturday. Lol.

Rayis

Does anybody live in Houston TX and is planning to attend pride festivities?

and if you are, may I go with you? *shot murdered*

Kevyt

Nothing wrong with that. I feel like that too, and I actually didn't go to pride because I was tired and it was really hot. Still yet to go to Pride, but I stopped by the LGBTQ center I work with and helped them prepare for pride, so that was good. Maybe next year I'll go for the first time ever... lol.

I think Pride is very important for visibility and political reasons. It gives the community visibility and a sense of belonging - when many individuals from all walks of life can come together and celebrate something in which during a time of their life was shameful.

Went to the Eagle in NYC last night. I haven't been there in years. It's so dirty and gross but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. However, it also reminded me of some of the things that I detest about gay life. The promiscuity and detachment.

I'll probably go back next Saturday. Lol.

Whats wrong with promiscuity and detachment?

Rayis

Me, tho I don't know when I'm showing up probably won't know til Friday

Alright! not a problem, I don't want to be a bother, but whenever you decide to show up and if you're willing to hang with me, I'd be more than glad to go with you, never gone to any pride festivities and I don't want to miss out any longer and I'm too socially anxious to go by myself.

Crayons

Banned

Fgj4Q9Cl.jpg

awesome!

Fgj4Q9Cl.jpg

Yo! Amazing!

Nothing absolutely sold me on the new Xbox, but as a conference, Microsoft did pretty well. Showed off some cool games like Sea of Thieves, the new Ori game, Anthem from Bioware, and even got some Japanese assists with Dragonball FighterZ and Code Vein (even though it was the same debut trailer). Surprisingly less talking than I expected, but there is room for improvement.

Still hyped for the PS conference. We're gonna witness another part of history tomorrow night :)

Top Bottom