• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

DOWN

Banned
Uh yeah I'm gonna have to do a hard pass on a $500 Xbox One X unless they can get serious boosts over PS4 Pro. Crackdown was the game I thought would be the Scorpio dazzler graphically but it got a downgrade

I'm a graphics whore but I have a budget and an Xbox One and have played it like 30 hours in 3.5 years. I own Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, the Master Chief Collection, Ryse etc and they aren't that exciting for me like PS4 has been so it was gonna take a lot for me to think Xbox's two and half active big exclusive franchises were worth getting in Scorpio glory. Now it seems those didn't come to show off so it's down to the multiplatform games - which have to look much better than Pro for me to be ok with fragmenting my library to start getting Scorpio versions eventually at all

berzeli

Banned
eep that cool blade runner pixel art game is made by a gamergater

how did microsoft not catch that

Urgh. And it was like the one thing that stood out for me (for its aesthetics) as well.

Can't wait for to read the recap of the story when it turns out that the supposedly bisexual main character was just "confused" because of the evil feminazis and their war on gender. Fucking hell.

I would have loved the feminist dystopiam future, if it were like done by someone who isn't garbage (and who you know does not think that sexism doesn't exists in France. in France). I read a satirical short story (that I just can't find) about a dystopian "fempire", it was funny as hell and I would have loved a game in that setting. A game where the punchline is the dude who is creating this game.

This reminds me to play more of 2064: Read Only Memories which seems to be the reverse of this game. I hope it's good, having only played the opening scene.

P.S. Getting it on a PS4 instead of PC (Linux) was a mistake as it is a point and click game without really adjusting controls to a controller so don't buy it for that.

Alright! not a problem, I don't want to be a bother, but whenever you decide to show up and if you're willing to hang with me, I'd be more than glad to go with you, never gone to any pride festivities and I don't want to miss out any longer and I'm too socially anxious to go by myself.

sure sure

https://twitter.com/Mammals_Suck/status/874116254767865856
DCFbEj1VoAEiHAN.jpg

http://attitude.co.uk/new-study-finds-straight-men-in-bromances-often-kiss-and-cuddle/
"New study finds straight men in ‘bromances’ often kiss and cuddle"

dbztrk

Nothing wrong with that. I feel like that too, and I actually didn't go to pride because I was tired and it was really hot. Still yet to go to Pride, but I stopped by the LGBTQ center I work with and helped them prepare for pride, so that was good. Maybe next year I'll go for the first time ever... lol.

I think Pride is very important for visibility and political reasons. It gives the community visibility and a sense of belonging - when many individuals from all walks of life can come together and celebrate something in which during a time of their life was shameful.

Whats wrong with promiscuity and detachment?

For me? Everything. For anyone else. Nothing. Do you!

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Woot! How have you been Cewyn?

Ok weird question... Am I alone with having zero interest attending a pride parade or event? My cousin and her wife want me to visit them in Colorado and attend a pride event and as much as I want to go visit them, the idea of attending pride just doesn't seem appealing.

Sure I am proud of the man I am, but I don't get why I have little to no interest. I think it could be that I am a private person and feel my sexual orientation doesn't define me? I just like being low key.
Nope, don't like pride events, and don't think Pride is really about having Pride, but more of a...lets hookup and get drunk festival. It also doesn't help that it's a terrible month for kids to learn since most of them are out of school.

JCX

Good job. <3

Whoa! Any videos? :)

So proud!

Yo! Amazing!

Thanks y'all! No video of this set. Performing outdoors is weird since laughs aren't trapped inside a room.

Didn't end up going to Motor City pride, but I did see Aretha Franklin, which was great.

RE: Going/not going to Pride events. I love summer festivals generally, so Pride is usually fun for me, but I do wish more Pride events had things that weren't oriented just towards drinking/dancing (that said, I'd argue the gay culture in general is oriented toward hookups and drinking, but that is a treatise for another day).

The good thing though is that every one of you has the power to organize something like this with your local pride. I want to do an LGBT comedy show at motor city pride next year so I am going to reach out to the organizers soon to get it planned.

If you're a gaymer, start a tournament or try to set up a play area at your next pride (or even before that).

In the words of Captain Planet, the power is yours!

Alavard

Gibbs

Uh yeah I'm gonna have to do a hard pass on a $500 Xbox One X unless they can get serious boosts over PS4 Pro. Crackdown was the game I thought would be the Scorpio dazzler graphically but it got a downgrade

I'm a graphics whore but I have a budget and an Xbox One and have played it like 30 hours in 3.5 years. I own Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, the Master Chief Collection, Ryse etc and they aren't that exciting for me like PS4 has been so it was gonna take a lot for me to think Xbox's two and half active big exclusive franchises were worth getting in Scorpio glory. Now it seems those didn't come to show off so it's down to the multiplatform games - which have to look much better than Pro for me to be ok with fragmenting my library to start getting Scorpio versions eventually at all

Couldn't agree more with you. I am already $800 deep console wise in the Xbox One family. I bought the Xbox One + Kinect bundle for $500 when it released. That console died and I got a Xbox One S, which is another $300. At this point, games will have to run waaaay better than they do on the standard consoles for me to even decide if I want to fork out an additional $499.99 to upgrade yet again. Sure, I like graphics but things are going to have to look tremendous(like xbox 360 vs xbox one graphical differences). Right now it's a no go for myself.

Game wise, I wasn't impressed at all. I wasn't too surprised at backwards compat for the OG Xbox. Cool and all, but I probably won't use it outside of Crimson Skies. The new Ori and Anthem were the only games that intrigued me at e3. I got extremely excited for Ori. I'm still holding out for a Banjo Kazooie reboot or even a new Sunset Overdrive at some point.

Crackdown 3 looked meh honestly. I played the first two, and it won't be a $60 purchase for myself.. Maybe a 20-30 at somepoint. I've logged countless hours into Sea of Thieves already and that is so niche it's unreal. Playing with friends is what will make it fun, randoms kill it. I don't see it lasting long, perhaps it'll be another Evolved.

Nope, don't like pride events, and don't think Pride is really about having Pride, but more of a...lets hookup and get drunk festival. It also doesn't help that it's a terrible month for kids to learn since most of them are out of school.

If it was truly about going for nothing but equal rights then I'd be there, but i hear waaaay to much about people making out, hooking up, and all that stuff.

Kevyt

So excited for Sony's E3!! I hope they announce a release day for Days Gone, hopefully this fall.

If it was truly about going for nothing but equal rights then I'd be there, but i hear waaaay to much about people making out, hooking up, and all that stuff.

That would be boring imo... In that case, there would be no point in having any kind of festivals if X was the only thing happening.

Also, people make out, hook up and do all kinds of stuff regardless of whether its Pride or not. I'm super sex positive and I am happy when I hear some people found their SO at Pride or that the finally met someone interesting, even if it was just for hooking up, as long it's healthy consensual safe sex between adults. Nothing wrong with sex or "promiscuity"! The more sex the better~ People need to keep in mind that "hooking up" happens literally every where in any type of large social event, and our heterosexual peers can give us an account for that. But no, I don't think Pride is just that...

I will also say that if you've never gone to Pride before you should totally try to next time because I'm sure your perception of it will change (hopefully for the better, lol). I have not gone to pride yet, but I feel like I have lived through it based on what people have told me, lol.

Beth Cyra

I've gone to a few events but no large pride events.

Maybe it's because of that but I've never seen all this sex and making out at the locations I've been too. Largely kind folk giving talks and sharing information on help and guidance.

berzeli

Banned
Then again, "making out, hooking up, and all that stuff" is part of the equal rights package.

The very act of kissing someone of the same sex is still viewed as a social transgression. You can't separate acts of same-sex intimacy from equal rights and politics when those acts are politicised to the degree that they are.

Bladenic

I'm not trying to be snarky but like... just don't do that stuff then? Lmao. Not seeing the issue regarding that. Not like you're gonna be seeing people banging on the street or on a float.

Then again I don't get stuff like that preventing someone attending an otherwise super fun and inclusive event. Just me though, everyone is different!

Astral Dog

Aww i just saw a little bit of this year parade in LA someday i would love to see one of those irl &#10084;&#128153;&#128154;&#128155;&#128156;

That would be boring imo... In that case, there would be no point in having any kind of festivals if X was the only thing happening.

Also, people make out, hook up and do all kinds of stuff regardless of whether its Pride or not. I'm super sex positive and I am happy when I hear some people found their SO at Pride or that the finally met someone interesting, even if it was just for hooking up, as long it's healthy consensual safe sex between adults. Nothing wrong with sex or "promiscuity"! The more sex the better~ People need to keep in mind that "hooking up" happens literally every where in any type of large social event, and our heterosexual peers can give us an account for that. But no, I don't think Pride is just that...
Exactly, don't let any insecurities stop you from attending a fun community event if you want to .
'normal'people hook up kiss and hug everyday but you rarely see a same sex couple doing so and we know its because of fear or shame
though i understand him, something that could stop me from going is feeling ugly and overweight unfitting there among them.
But, also gives me motivation to diet and work out cu&#341;rently so i hope i won't feel so bad to enjoy if one day i could go to a big city

Alrus

I'd be excited for BG&E2 but it's a prequel and is apparently taking place in an online word so that makes it way less interesting to me.

Edit: Oh and let me roll my eyes at the "Pride is about hooking up and not about pride" kind of shit. Such bullshit.

berzeli

Banned
I KNOW
and of course people on twitter are pissed about it
Like, after all these years ;_;

I know! Isn't it great! (that assholes are annoyed by it, not that those assholes exists and pervert twitter)
I'd be excited for BG&E2 but it's a prequel and is apparently taking place in an online word so that makes it way less interesting to me.
I'd love a game akin to that which was in the old CG trailer. But you know what, I trust Ancel, he hasn't really made a terrible game so far and the concept doesn't sound too awful.

WonderzL

Banned
we shouldn't turn our backs against Pride. Pride brings forth panels, discussions and discourses about our realities to the spotlight, besides the event itself.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

There are already a bunch of connections to the original game - I mean, the space captain woman with the green eyes was probably Jade's mom and the black woman's name is Shani (Jade's DomZ name is Shauni). There were a bunch of mysteries in the original game regarding Jade's origins which I'm sure 2 will address.

It would be good to get back to Jade and Pey'j at some point, but at this stage I'm just glad we're getting a continuation of the series. (which looks and sounds amazing~~~)

I think this is the best summarizing post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240288073&postcount=2204

It's pretty bad. I especially don't like how they're dangling that their protagonist is male and bisexual, as if that absolves them of any criticism over their anti-feminism. I want more representation, but not like this, geez.

That doesn't sound good, but those links still feel like it's giving half the story, without the beginning. How did the controversy start? What did people first pick up on as a red flag that prompted his response that he posted on that message board? Was it the tweet where he makes a false ultimatum between feminism and egalitarianism?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Like, after all these years ;_;

;_______;

I know! Isn't it great! (that assholes are annoyed by it, not that those assholes exists and pervert twitter)

ha

but what kind of sad asshole do you have to be to be upset by something like that in the first place...

I'd love a game akin to that which was in the old CG trailer. But you know what, I trust Ancel, he hasn't really made a terrible game so far and the concept doesn't sound too awful.

Same. Ancel is brilliant and, after 15 years (!!!!!), I'm sure he's going to make sure that all of that brilliance goes into his passion project.

WonderzL

Banned
That doesn't sound good, but those links still feel like it's giving half the story, without the beginning. How did the controversy start? What did people first pick up on as a red flag that prompted his response that he posted on that message board? Was it the tweet where he makes a false ultimatum between feminism and egalitarianism?

yes

I was a guys wedding date yesterday. Wedding was awesome. Tons of free food and drinks. Tbh We looked like the wedding crashers LOL. Especially since my date who invited me only knew the bride, and i didnt know anyone, thankfully their friend knew other people

I also said the "C" word by mistake there lol. We realized we werent the only LGBTQ pair at the wedding, But i said "couple" without realizing it ....lol
Nothing is confirmed though lol

Went back and read some more stuff. There is too much smoke here to still be excited about this game without feeling bad.

Just saw that one tweet where they're complaining about "Cosplay =/= consent" signs at conventions. Like, wtf, of all the bad things happening socially, that is what you choose to complain about as a grievance?

Oh well. I guess it's one less thing I have to worry about adding to my backlog.

Gibbs

Wow the replies about my thoughts on going to Pride. If Pride is your cup of tea, then have a blast. Though healthy discussion!

I've gone to a few events but no large pride events.

Maybe it's because of that but I've never seen all this sex and making out at the locations I've been too. Largely kind folk giving talks and sharing information on help and guidance.

Could be the perception I've gathered from those I know and such. Perhaps its completely different than I imagine, but who really knows. Every pride is different depending if we are talking small, or huge events, and I think thats where people forget things.

I do know its happened at local prides here, those types of things have happened I mentioned. Funny, as the people who did it made it known, and they're on gay apps like Grindr. I'm sorry, but its trash if you are doing that in public.

I'm proud of being who I am, but I don't feel the need to go shout it out in streets, parade it and such. I want to be equal, but at the exact same time I feel my sexual orientation doesn't define me, as some people want it to be known they are gay. Personally I want to blend in, and just live.

I have a guy on my FB friends list that will argue up and down why he is gay, why he is proud, and how people need to be tolerant of him and his femininity. I mean, thats great and all, but if he wants to force it down peoples throats, great... me though? I am more of a low key type.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So excited for Sony's E3!! I hope they announce a release day for Days Gone, hopefully this fall.

I will also say that if you've never gone to Pride before you should totally try to next time because I'm sure your perception of it will change (hopefully for the better, lol). I have not gone to pride yet, but I feel like I have lived through it based on what people have told me, lol.
I have the exact opposite stance tbh.

Then again, "making out, hooking up, and all that stuff" is part of the equal rights package.

The very act of kissing someone of the same sex is still viewed as a social transgression. You can't separate acts of same-sex intimacy from equal rights and politics when those acts are politicised to the degree that they are.
PDA by anyone, including straights is gross. I don't need to see that nonsense when I am out and out about.

we shouldn't turn our backs against Pride. Pride brings forth panels, discussions and discourses about our realities to the spotlight, besides the event itself.

I disagree, and I think the general public would as well.

Bladenic

I get what you're saying (kinda) but um maybe avoid terminology like shoving down people's throats when that's exactly what the straight homophobes like to say

PDA by anyone, including straights is gross. I don't need to see that nonsense when I am out and out about.

Then avert your eyes

The general public as in the homophobic conservacunts? Maybe.

Monocle

http://attitude.co.uk/new-study-finds-straight-men-in-bromances-often-kiss-and-cuddle/
"New study finds straight men in ‘bromances’ often kiss and cuddle"
At some point I should probably question how much delight I feel about this sort of thing. But not today. Homosocial affection rocks.

Gay PDAs give me joy because fuck homophobia and shame tbh. Life should never conform to the wishes of hateful morons.

Straight PDAs are OK. A blatant lack of tact and restraint is tacky, but whatever.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Pride events has good things and bad things. Overall Pride events main purpose is not the hook up and getting drunk part but show that we are here and that we are many and that we are not ashamed of who we are. Does some people go to the pride event to get drunk, go in little clothing and get laid? Sure there is some of that as there is also people that will probably be bitchy towards other because is crowded and personalities can clash. Then we have the good part of friends, families and people meeting for the first time making new connections and celebrating the pride event. You'll see the parades, the music and the diversity of people in there. Overall there is multiple things on both positive and negative things that can be talked about

Not everyone will be fine with pride events because some of the negative things cant easily overlooked by some and they dont need to "get over it" or just accept those as individuals we have different levels of tolerance for things. Both sides of Pro Pride and Anti Pride just need to be more respectful of each other instead of going at each other that way. There is a conversation to be had but lets keep the heads cool before going at it.

Rayis

As long as society continues being hostile to queer people, Pride will always be a thing.

Personally, my queer identity goes far beyond just being attracted to the same sex and we're still not at a point where I could just be myself in public and not attract hostility so Pride is a safe space for people like us to be as free as we want.

WonderzL

Banned
you know that game about killing gods...

what about... a slow combat... and... a child to take care of... that's new

edit: fuck the general public. Pride should not be about them.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I've never been to any pride event before, but I think it's super important for queer people to let straight society know that we exist and we're not ashamed of who we are. Kissing/making out in public is an important part of that, I think, especially because of how "eww" straight people can be when they see same sex couples kissing - it helps normalize it.

(and people can definitely go a little overboard with it, but can you really blame them? Pride is one of the few occasions where queer people are completely safe to be who they really are in public without the fear of getting attacked or called out or whatever)

Top Bottom