• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
lol well I'll selfishly claim it was me in that case.

Seriously though it seems like you've had a good experience which makes me happy. No company is perfect but I work with very lovely people who do want to help so I'm glad their desires are coming through to people.

:)

I've honestly never had any problems with Amazon in all the years that I've used it. Every customer service interaction I've ever had has been positive.

DOWN

Banned
I was thinking about watching that awful adaptation of Ghost in the Shell.
Its visually beautiful and if you’re not heavily invested in the original movie you will like enjoy the production values at least tbh. There’s some good art direction for sure .

Kevyt

Unless your job takes you to a place with a low population, how would it limit your dating pool?

I have nothing to do today. Might go to the gym a second time out of boredom.

Hmmm... well its complicated, but in short I work with some LGBT related community based organizations and for some reason everyone knows each other and it's kind of weird...
So I'm just like.... I need to date outside of this population, lol.

They said they have stated on their will that I can only get the inheritance if I'm married to a girl for the Indian side of the stuff.

So we did this 2 years ago. I was on holiday to India when I was kind of forcefully taken to a psychiatrist there. He turned out to be well educated and basically told em being gay is natural/normal etc. But as soon as we got home they decided he wasn't 'well qualified' and his opinion should be disregarded.

They won't take me to a uk psychiatrist as they think the NHS (uk health system) forces people to be pro lgbt for political reasons.

However over the 5 years they have moved from thinking I can turn straight to saying I should just 'adapt' by gettin a girlfriend and marrying (and they have proceeded to give me examples of people they know who did this). So i think they have clocked on sexuality cant be changed biologically.

I can't even lie to them now to just keep em off my back as they keep saying they want immediate results like a girlfriend to be found asap! I don't feel ready for a complete estrangement atm as I don't even feel settled in this new city...although you can never be ready for anything like that I guess.

It might be worth looking into if it is legal for that clause in a will.

They might come around with time.

There are most likely local support structures in your new city.

Orb

Went to my first club to celebrate my 21st bday and it was... a let down :/ I ended up using too much money on food beforehand and could only buy like 2 drinks, so I was almost completely sober :(

That coupled with my social anxieties and insecurities flaring up made me sitting in the back on my phone for 3 hours :/ I saw a few ppl check me out but what am i supposed to do? talk to them?
/s lol

Went to my first club to celebrate my 21st bday and it was... a let down :/ I ended up using too much money on food beforehand and could only buy like 2 drinks, so I was almost completely sober :(

That coupled with my social anxieties and insecurities flaring up made me sitting in the back on my phone for 3 hours :/ I saw a few ppl check me out but what am i supposed to do? talk to them?
/s lol
Maybe the 'Beach' episode of the Awkward Steve Duology (fmv game, like $4 on Steam for both parts together, about half an hour each) would appeal to you. It is about social anxiety and relevant things, framed like an absurd 'silent comedy' style but it is sweet.

Also happy birthday, I should have said!

Orb

Maybe the 'Beach' episode of the Awkward Steve Duology (fmv game, like $4 on Steam for both parts together, about half an hour each) would appeal to you. It is about social anxiety and relevant things, framed like an absurd 'silent comedy' style but it is sweet.

Also happy birthday, I should have said!

When I replace my shit pc I'll look into that!

And you did! lol, my actual birthday was a few days ago and I posted then, I just had to delay the celebrations for a few days because money :p

I'm cringing myself to sleep with celebrity big brother. 💅🏽

Trisha Paytas the icon.

200_s.gif

Wil348

So my parents have decided it's time to restart the 'adapt to a straight lifestyle' crusade one week after I graduated and started a job.

They're threatening to disown me again and want a firm decision ASAP. WTF can I even decide here...how can they think I have any choice in the matter...they're both very well educated people too...guess the cultural and age gap (religious indian family...with parents being brought up in India whilst me in the UK) is simply too big at the moment. This has got me feeling more down than ever before :( ...can't even enjoy starting a job or having a new car completely.

Peak point was mum messaging me a list of people I will never be able to see or contact if I decide to be gay and 'reject' the family, and how I'm gonna lose a big inheritance. The worst part is they have somehow twisted them disowning me into in fact me disowning them.
Being the emotional guy I am who gets guilty easily I'm moving between feeling sorry for myself and then feeling sorry for my parents for having the luck of having me as their son. Wish I had a sibling, would at least feel a bit of less responsibility towards them.

Anyway at least there are a few gay guys around showing interest atm (even if my heads in the wrong place for anything romantic right now). The weather has been so terrible though, its the summer UK..it's August...there was thunder and rain today!!!!!!!!!

Well at least there's game of thrones, FFVII Remake and SW EP VIII to live for at the moment.

I am so sorry to hear that dude! To be honest I'm a little bit concerned that I'll be giving you bad advice here but I wanted to say my piece on this. I don't think I'll ever know what it's like to have a family that doesn't support me for who I am. But I do know what it's like to have friends who are like that, and it really does hurt, to the point where at times I start to question my own worth. However, it is possible to push through. It's difficult as hell, but still possible. You just have to think of the people in your life who do value you as a person and accept you for who you are. When you think of those people, talk to those people, and see those people, it can really make a world of difference. Dedicate your time and mindshare to them, not the people who evidently don't care for you.
Don't be worried that it will come across as though you are disowning your parents. If they are threatening to disown you because you're gay, you're actually in a good position to disown them.

As for inheritance, you have to ask yourself, is being wealthy worth giving up who you are? Is money worth more than The Emperor? I think you should ask yourself and your friends that question. But remember, money isn't the be all end all.

I hope everything turns out well for you, and you manage to push through this and make the choice that you will ultimately be happiest with. :) And yes the weather has been shite here over the past couple of weeks haha.

So my parents have decided it's time to restart the 'adapt to a straight lifestyle' crusade one week after I graduated and started a job.

They're threatening to disown me again and want a firm decision ASAP. WTF can I even decide here...how can they think I have any choice in the matter...they're both very well educated people too...guess the cultural and age gap (religious indian family...with parents being brought up in India whilst me in the UK) is simply too big at the moment. This has got me feeling more down than ever before :( ...can't even enjoy starting a job or having a new car completely.

Peak point was mum messaging me a list of people I will never be able to see or contact if I decide to be gay and 'reject' the family, and how I'm gonna lose a big inheritance. The worst part is they have somehow twisted them disowning me into in fact me disowning them.

Being the emotional guy I am who gets guilty easily I'm moving between feeling sorry for myself and then feeling sorry for my parents for having the luck of having me as their son. Wish I had a sibling, would at least feel a bit of less responsibility towards them.

Anyway at least there are a few gay guys around showing interest atm (even if my heads in the wrong place for anything romantic right now). The weather has been so terrible though, its the summer UK..it's August...there was thunder and rain today!!!!!!!!!

Well at least there's game of thrones, FFVII Remake and SW EP VIII to live for at the moment.
I'm sorry to hear that. You're going through a really important formative time in your life, and your parents just decided to drop an ultimatum on you. I could suggest just letting them disown you and moving with your life, but I know it's not a trivial matter to cut away from your own family. The only thing I can really tell you is to stay true to your feelings, and don't ever blame yourself for your parent's lack of understanding.

Hearing stories like this makes me feel grateful that I lucked out and was accepted by my mother when I came out.

Greetings from Gay Pride in Leeds.
First time I've seen the march/festival and there was a huge turnout, both from the marchers and from the general public wanting to show support.

Since most people in the UK think having gay pride in a Yorkshire city would be as likely as gay pride in Winterfell, it was great to see rainbows and street parties taking over the usual grim Northern stoicism.

Greetings from Gay Pride in Leeds.
First time I've seen the march/festival and there was a huge turnout, both from the marchers and from the general public wanting to show support.

Since most people in the UK think having gay pride in a Yorkshire city would be as likely as gay pride in Winterfell, it was great to see rainbows and street parties taking over the usual grim Northern stoicism.
Hey welcome!

I was friends for years with a lesbian from York and maybe she was there!

daripad

Remember the guy I told you last time that we dated and we ended it because I was leaving town?

Well, we're now boyfriends lol :p

How are you guys? It's been a long time since I've been here.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hey kirby! Thanks for sharing and it's good to see you again. :)

Thanks. :) Although I rarely post these days, I still often lurk and enjoy the life updates that are shared. I know life has its highs and lows, but I hope things are going well or will soon get better for you and everyone else here.

My boss asked me if I was going to Canberra (Australia's capital city) to vote. It was unclear what he was talking about. I asked if he was talking about same-sex marriage (as the party in government is having a meeting today about what to do about it). Maybe he didn't hear me since he was like 'what?' but he asked me a few more times in the following minutes if I had voted yet (!?). He also talked to a customer who said "let them do what they want". He described the situation as "undemocratic". Now this criticism lead me to think the liberal party decided upon having a vote in parliament on marriage equality rather than have a plebiscite or postal vote (those two would lead to a lot of nastiness and smears and would be very harmful). That would be the ideal decision. I couldn't check the news since I was at work.

After work I look and no such decision has been made yet. -.-

Thanks. :) Although I rarely post these days, I still often lurk and enjoy the life updates that are shared. I know life has its highs and lows, but I hope things are going well or will soon get better for you and everyone else here.
Thanks.
Remember the guy I told you last time that we dated and we ended it because I was leaving town?

Well, we're now boyfriends lol :p

How are you guys? It's been a long time since I've been here.
Woo dari!

Hey guys, so i used to be more active on here im not anymore but.. idk what to do . I'm having a dating problem and I'm just about exhausted. Its a long winded situation. I may make a longer post or privately PM my situation( a very long winded conversation still unfortunately)

But the TLDR version is that Im stuck between two people.

One guy who I have a year + dating history with now, we've had our ups and downs .It wasn't originally the healthiest dynamic after a while and there is a lot of unresolved issues that only now has finally started to become resolved. They're super sweet, i learned an insane amount from them, a genuinely great person that unfortunately we both didnt start off the best way. They confessed their deep love for me recently again and i care for them so much but no matter how hard we try some wall always comes between us that results in us arguing or lack of understanding in how we prefer to communicate and show how we care for one another.( if that makes sense)
and yes sex and intimacy is something that has made us go back together as well break us apart, its a lot of our bs on both ends and some of the drama from time to time

And then this other newer guy who i meet when guy number 1 and I stopped talking ( for the 2nd- 3rd time) and its been great. Super sweet, We've had numerous dates, i've meet some of their family. It feels like a healthy clean slate that i need. Im not too certain where this will go or how long it might take, thats fine im taking it slow and enjoying the moment. I've been keeping my expectations in check, I like them, im afraid i might be more in love of the idea of being with them then i love with them at this moment.
If it makes a difference, im 24, both of them are in their very early 30s (30-32)
sorry if this post is convoluted im stress typing right now tbh and its late.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I could give the true history of this situation later.

Also congrats Dari! <3

daripad

I'd say focus on dating the one you like the most.

Tbh, if your relationship with date 1 looks toxic, it might not get better tbh, specially since it has been only a year of doing it

My boss asked me if I was going to Canberra (Australia's capital city) to vote. It was unclear what he was talking about. I asked if he was talking about same-sex marriage (as the party in government is having a meeting today about what to do about it). Maybe he didn't hear me since he was like 'what?' but he asked me a few more times in the following minutes if I had voted yet (!?). He also talked to a customer who said "let them do what they want". He described the situation as "undemocratic". Now this criticism lead me to think the liberal party decided upon having a vote in parliament on marriage equality rather than have a plebiscite or postal vote (those two would lead to a lot of nastiness and smears and would be very harmful). That would be the ideal decision. I couldn't check the news since I was at work.

After work I look and no such decision has been made yet. -.-
Update: They decided not to change away from a plebiscite (an expensive, non-binding delaying tactic that needs to pass a senate that doesn't want it, which will lead to a nasty unnecessary campaign of hate that will then be followed up with a free vote in parliament...instead of just having a free vote in parliament).

Yado

Hey guys, so i used to be more active on here im not anymore but.. idk what to do . I'm having a dating problem and I'm just about exhausted. Its a long winded situation. I may make a longer post or privately PM my situation( a very long winded conversation still unfortunately)

But the TLDR version is that Im stuck between two people.

One guy who I have a year + dating history with now, we've had our ups and downs .It wasn't originally the healthiest dynamic after a while and there is a lot of unresolved issues that only now has finally started to become resolved. They're super sweet, i learned an insane amount from them, a genuinely great person that unfortunately we both didnt start off the best way. They confessed their deep love for me recently again and i care for them so much but no matter how hard we try some wall always comes between us that results in us arguing or lack of understanding in how we prefer to communicate and show how we care for one another.( if that makes sense)
and yes sex and intimacy is something that has made us go back together as well break us apart, its a lot of our bs on both ends and some of the drama from time to time

And then this other newer guy who i meet when guy number 1 and I stopped talking ( for the 2nd- 3rd time) and its been great. Super sweet, We've had numerous dates, i've meet some of their family. It feels like a healthy clean slate that i need. Im not too certain where this will go or how long it might take, thats fine im taking it slow and enjoying the moment. I've been keeping my expectations in check, I like them, im afraid i might be more in love of the idea of being with them then i love with them at this moment.
If it makes a difference, im 24, both of them are in their very early 30s (30-32)
sorry if this post is convoluted im stress typing right now tbh and its late.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I could give the true history of this situation later.

Also congrats Dari! <3

I'd go with guy #2,relationships aren't supposed to be stressful. Unless you and guy #1 have actually dealt with the problems that have prevented you from being together I don't see the point.

Bladenic

relationships aren't supposed to be stressful.

This is wrong and the kind of thinking that facilitates this trend of dating for such short periods of time. Something goes even slightly wrong and causes a little stress? It's over, time to hop on the apps again.

However, gay #2 sounds like the better pick in this case.

B-Dex

This is wrong and the kind of thinking that facilitates this trend of dating for such short periods of time. Something goes even slightly wrong and causes a little stress? It's over, time to hop on the apps again.

However, gay #2 sounds like the better pick in this case.

How would you feel being called gay#2? &#129300;

Top Bottom