• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Well, I just learned that my grandmother went to the hospital this evening because they suspect that she has pneumonia. My mother had been bothering her for several days about going to the doctor, and she just finally got her to go today. Her oxygen levels and heart rate were both low and elevated, respectively. My mother said that it'd probably be better to visit her tomorrow because she's so tired today, so ... right now I'm just waiting.
I hope she gets to better. Keeping her in my thoughts. =)

More like by February.
Oh wait, we are already at page 329. Yeah, new OT is probably already here at February. Damn, these fly by so quickly. :D

March? Try later this month.

To be fair, it's mainly solo stuff.
Oh. Nice. ;)

Edit: Top of the page, have some hot Kit(tie) Harington:

tumblr_miydlxKtQ41r5u8cwo1_500.gif

You play soccer? O:

Hmmmm... soccer players :3

You just become even more awesome in my book!

Indeed indeed.
Awww shucks guys ^///^

hehe!! :3 Thank you!!

Blue Badger, what position do you play? And what's your favorite position? Wink wink... ;)

Haha!!! I play
bottom
defense. :3

Well, I just learned that my grandmother went to the hospital this evening because they suspect that she has pneumonia. My mother had been bothering her for several days about going to the doctor, and she just finally got her to go today. Her oxygen levels and heart rate were both low and elevated, respectively. My mother said that it'd probably be better to visit her tomorrow because she's so tired today, so ... right now I'm just waiting.

The worst part is waiting sometimes :(

I'm sending positive vibes your way, Mumei!!

Kevyt

Awww shucks guys ^///^

hehe!! :3 Thank you!!

Haha!!! I play
bottom
defense. :3

The worst part is waiting sometimes :(

I'm sending positive vibes your way, Mumei!!

I'm sure you're great at it! A singer and an athlete. Your man is going to be lucky! Or if you already have one, he is very lucky.

KmA

Wow ok so I'm feeling super lonely. I get these overwhelming bouts of loneliness once in a while and it's getting hard to deal with. Then I get the feeling that I should text someone but I have pretty bad anxiety during these bouts so I never really get to the texting. It's just getting difficult to continually hang out with my older straight friends considering the vast majority of the time I can't really speak my mind. Plus I have a fever so that sucks. I have no will to get out of bed.

During these phases I always think I should just like come out on facebook or something. I realize it's stupid to do that when I'm feeling really emotional but it feels good to think about. I don't know I'm just feeling overwhelmed with loneliness. This usually goes away after a night of sleep.

Anyway, I just needed to air out my thoughts. Carry on.

Wow ok so I'm feeling super lonely. I get these overwhelming bouts of loneliness once in a while and it's getting hard to deal with. Then I get the feeling that I should text someone but I have pretty bad anxiety during these bouts so I never really get to the texting. It's just getting difficult to continually hang out with my older straight friends considering the vast majority of the time I can't really speak my mind. Plus I have a fever so that sucks. I have no will to get out of bed.

During these phases I always think I should just like come out on facebook or something. I realize it's stupid to do that when I'm feeling really emotional but it feels good to think about. I don't know I'm just feeling overwhelmed with loneliness. This usually goes away after a night of sleep.

Well, I'm lonely as well and I've been quite sick since September last year. So we have that in common.

My rule of thumb is: in weak moments, never go mindlessly to social networks and messaging stuff.

If you need to vent or have company, you can come to neogaf. This community is awesome.

Mileage my vary, personal experience.

I really like those. Do you have a favorite collection?

Well, currently my exposure to poetry has solely been through the Irish Educational System rather than seeking out collections myself. The syllabi for the Junior and Leaving Certificate are rather diverse, and allow for a large exposure to many poets, styles, and techniques. While the syllabus has faced criticism due to the poetry section in the Leaving Certificate examination* being far too large, I very much appreciate this selection and find the quality of the material to be rather high. As such, the only real collections I know would be the textbooks for the Leaving Certificate in 2013 and 2014 (I have done both as I repeated fifth year to change all of my subjects and thus needed to get a new poetry book as four of the eight poets were different). The poets and poems that appear in each can be found on the list of prescribed material here, and generally I find them to be well selected so will likely turn towards the syllabus again in the future for recommendations:

http://www.education.ie/en/Schools-...nd-Guidelines/lc_english_poetry_2011_2014.pdf (2011-2014) and http://www.education.ie/en/Schools-...-Poetry-Courses-for-examination-2015-2018.pdf (2015-2018)

Of those I did:

Adrienne Rich (2013)

>Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers
Uncle Speaks in the Drawing Room
Storm Warnings
Trying to Talk with a Man
>Living in Sin
Diving Into the Wreck

Thomas Kinsella (2013 -> He was on the 2014 syllabus too but I didn't do him with the teacher I had after repeating)
>Thinking of Mr D.
Mirror in February
His Father’s Hands
>Tear
>from Settings Model School, Inchicore
from The Familiar VII

William Wordsworth (2013)
^To My Sister
^A slumber did my spirit seal
She dwelt among the untrodden ways
Composed upon Westminster Bridge
It is a beauteous evening, calm and free
from The Prelude: Skating

Elizabeth Bishop (2014)
>The Fish
The Prodigal
The Armadillo
>Sestina
^First Death in Nova Scotia
>Filling Station

Derek Mahon (2014)
>Antartica
After the Titanic
>Day Trip to Donegal
>Kinsale
>As it Should Be
Grandfather

Seamus Heaney (2014)
^Bogland
>The Tollund Man
>A Constable Calls
The Skunk
>The Underground
A Call

W.B. Yeats (2014)
An Irish Airman Forsees his Death
>The Wild Swans at Coohle
>September 1913
Politics
>A Snare's Nest by my Window
>The Lake Isle of Innisfree

Sylvia Plath (2014)
>The Times are Tidy
>Child
>Mirror
>Poppies in July
>Pheasant
>The Arrival of the Bee Box

The indented poems with (>) are those I liked while those indented with (^) I notably disliked. Plath is my favourite, after that I'm not so sure.

The past collections could almost certainly be gotten extremely cheaply, but that has the caveat in that given that it's for an Irish syllabus, you'd be looking at an extreme shipping cost to get any from abroad which may be problematic. While they come with interpretations of the poems (I don't agree with all though) and detailed background of the poets, you'd probably be better searching poets you were interested in online. I'm really interested in Dickinson's poetry however as I've heard she's similar in some ways to Plath.

*To put it briefly; the prescribed poetry section is disproportionately massive for the amount of marks that are going for it in the exam as eight poets are prescribed each year, each with ten poems, and four poets appear on the exam (a different question accompanies each poet). While nobody will do all eight in the two years, five poets at a minimum must be known thoroughly, and while you don't need to do all ten, you need to do enough to thoroughly answer any question, without the poems in front of you. My class did six poems per poet for a total of thirty poems known off by heart, but many classes do much more (six poets and eight poems I've heard is quite common; I believe there is a minimum number of poets that must be mentioned in an answer and if this is not passed there is an automatic deduction, but I am not certain this is the case; obviously with a small number of poems one couldn't answer the question adequately anyway though as more than four A4 pages are expected) and this obviously occupies a massive amount of time out of the two years that you have, particularly with a comparative section, a drama section, and a composition section to also get through, and it only entails 50 marks out of 400 (12.125% of the total marks).

Which collections are your favourites?

Edit: Oh and sorry to hear about your grandmother! My thoughts will be with her and may her recovery be swift!

Edit 2: I have found a decent amount of Plath's poetry here: http://www.poemhunter.com/sylvia-plath/poems/ Unfortunately I cannot attest for the quality of her overall body of work as I've only gone through a very small sampling, but if the rest is as good I'd imagine that's a safe bet even if you'd be picking at random. Her personal 'story' is quite a tragic one. Oh and from what II have heard, in terms of actual collections, this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0571118380/ one is apparently quite good, but again I cannot comment personally

daripad

I'm sorry for that Mumei, I hope the best for you and your family, take care of your grandma :)

DOWN

Banned
I hope she gets to better. Keeping her in my thoughts. =)
Edit: Top of the page, have some hot Kit(tie) Harington:

tumblr_miydlxKtQ41r5u8cwo1_500.gif
You're killing me

The furry agenda

Kit <3

I'm too afraid to be out on Facebook so I just put that "Interested In:" answer hidden.

Talk to us here anytime! Skype chat with the thread sounds good too.

Man, I'm just so happy right now. You know, when you're in the deepest parts of depression, it can be almost impossible to just enjoy something. But I'm sitting here, drinking tea again (finally!), finished reading a play I love (The Real Inspector Hound) and watching Arrested Development. I am mystified why I stopped doing these things.

In short, it's nice to be able to just enjoy things and be content again. ^_^

Now I just need to find the right guy or girl to share them with. :)

All my love to you, Mumei. I hope everything turns out all right.

Kater

Banned
Thet dont do anything for me but my boyfriend had super sensitive nipples. I wish i could feel what he does but my nipples are just failed breasts. Dead and lifeless.
Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. I'm glad your bf likes it though, everyone deserves to get some enoyment out of something.

Yeah. Not much of a fan of those.
It's not all that attractive to me. Maybe with a different person? Who knows. But most guys that I've seen with one I just though that it doesn't look good on them.

Christopher

Does this look "yaht" to you haha my friend had a yaht and I went digging through my stuff saying what would yaht people wear...also should I use this for real pic January?

Golnei

Awful, hope everything goes well; though it's good that you finally got her to go. I had something similar with my grandmother recently - despite being fully cognisant of her history of heart complications, she actively refused treatment for several weeks while her bloating, circulation, fatigue and shortness of breath worsened. She could only be persuaded after the blackouts became more regular, which was thankfully just in time for her atrial fibrillation to still be treatable.

Me every morning.

Agreed. If only I had the upper body strength to do a classic mirror punch, as it is I'm just stuck with unflattering facial expressions.

They're both hot. But silver Hair Dante serves big dick whereas DmC Dante serves average.

Original Dante also has the benefit of not being Shadow the Hedgehog; though it's a shame that he never strips beyond the waist in anything other than Viewtiful Joe when he has so much more to show off.

I've always said Nathan Drake and Frank West are the two game characters I'd want at my birthday party. They seem like such fun guys to just hang out with.

Jetstream Sam falls into the same vein of being an incredibly fun character just to watch, in addition to being hot and having a fantastic design that sells the 'sexy cyborg' aesthetic far more than the abject failure of the B&B Corps while not compromising characterisation or the illusion of functionality. The heightened facial expressions, flirty bravado, campy voice acting and exaggerated accent work really well; especially since it's tempered with tiny bit of self-reflective humanity that prevents him from being as much of an outright cartoon character as his spiritual predecessor Vamp. He's definitely the only Metal Gear protagonist who could withstand a party without a mental breakdown.

...Though I guess a dinner with Raiden and his family would be a fun catastrophe to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom