• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy 13 E3 2013 Gameplay Demo

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Are you expecting a next-gen announcement by the way? The posters around LA say there's a PC version coming, right? So they have an x86 build, this game could certainly benefit from it.

wasn't that just a print mistake on the poster?

Zuly

poledancing1vu4a.gif

My name is Lightning. I climb ladders and slide down on poles. I'm so cool.

She's no Juliet Sterling though.

CSX

Yeah that's what I was wondering actually. I am sure some of the Lightning fanbase is excited if that's true. Maybe you can pick what she calls you, like 'master'. She can get some personality DLCs, $29.99 for Tsundere.

If people want Lightning to call them "master", there is Shin Megami Tensei IV lol

Toth

Oh look another poor quality youtube version. I can't wait to see an actual HD Version that will look more akin to the real game.

Otherwise, it looks great. Very colorful.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wasn't that just a print mistake on the poster?

Apparently. I can't decide which would be more odd: a single-player Final Fantasy arriving on the PC for the first time since VIII or the poster being a genuine case of human error that nobody managed to catch.

Midou

Oh look another poor quality youtube version. I can't wait to see an actual HD Version that will look more akin to the real game.

Otherwise, it looks great. Very colorful.

As the video loaded from default into HD, I was like, when did it change to HD, because this isn't HD.

Better quality would sure be nice.

MechaX

Huh. The game comes out at the end of the year, but yet I still don't really know how this game is going to play exactly (yeah, I guess we can infer that the combat is ATB-esque due to its debut trailer, but given the first reveal of XIII, SE is not above using fake UI's in a trailer).

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
The mansion or wherever she walks around has some nice architecture.
Other than that, there is nothing that catches my interest.

Pooya

looks boring, they really don't know how to make exciting videos anymore, I guess it's hard to do here. SE trailers used to be so good, even for some of the bad games...

Final Fantasy: Shoots and Ladders.

I can't really get a sense of how the combat works here. Wish they would have put a UI up at least for a second so I could tell something about the game. The environments feel kind of... lame, I realize this is a spin-off game but I expected something else I guess.

Frodo

WHERE ARE THE NUMBERS??? ;_______;

wait, they got rid of damage numbers?

Better just be a demo thingie...

reaching and breaking damage cap is pretty much the only reason to do side content in jrpgs.

If I can't see that, then what's the point?

Exactly, my fellow gaffer... Exactly...

Persona86

Banned
looks boring, they really don't know how to make exciting videos anymore, I guess it's hard to do here. SE trailers used to be so good, even for some of the bad games...

Yeah I thought a big part of the exciting part is interacting with the town and people?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Music is nice. Otherwise it looks kinda stiff. I really hope Square is retiring the Crystal Tools/White Engine for the PS4 and Xbox One. I know they haven't gotten a great deal of use out of it this generation, but this looks pretty poor for a late generation PS3 game.

Im actually kinda excited for this but the framerate has me very worried looks all over the place (hopefully its just the videos)

sublimit

Banned
Looks like an early PS3 game.
Still if i was interested in the game i'd be willing to forgive the rough edges.But i'm not.

KmA

I really wanted this to be good after how much I enjoyed FFXIII-2. But I guess Square Enix thinks differently :(

Phatcorns

Graphics do indeed look a little rough. Which is crazy, because when XIII originally came out it was just so damn beautiful. Then again, this is a youtube video.

Alucrid

Banned
Graphics do indeed look a little rough. Which is crazy, because when XIII originally came out it was just so damn beautiful. Then again, this is a youtube video.

I remember buying the Japanese release of Advent Children to get the 13 demo... :(

Meier

So is this really going to be just us controlling Lightning the whole time? Are they even attempting to refer to it as an RPG? Or is this just a straight up action game?

No, that's a misprint.

Shame. FF jumping to PC is not a bad idea. But this is SE, where Last Remnant sales that bad over the time? lol

Art design and limited enviroments for the most part of the game. Engine always sucked balls, the reason why 80% of cutscenes had to be pre-rendered.

wrowa

I really want this to turn out good, since I'm a sucker for the kind of concept that's behind it, but it's hard to get excited when everything I actually see of the game screams "terrible". It looks bad, gameplay looks like absolutely nothing special and every single line of dialog so far has been just terrible...

Top Bottom