• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Ishin! - State of Play Sep 2022 Announcement Trailer | PS5/XS/PS4/X1/PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
Yakuza: Ishin! remake Like a Dragon: Ishin! announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and PC

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/09/13/revealing-like-a-dragon-ishin-out-february-2023/

- Developed with UE4
- Upgraded textures and more
- More at the RGG stream soon

Fckaj4_XwAEc_1G

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
How is this game for those that have played it? Maybe I'll buy it, as it won't be set in Kamurucho!

(Wait till I find out it is set in Kamurucho but in the past) :p

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Holy shit, that looks cool.

Looking forward to getting more info at tomorrow's RGG event, like maybe... A PC port?

SkylineRKR

And not just translated, but it's been made with the Dragon Engine.

Don't why it comes before Kenzan tho.

I have never played Ishin but I can think of a few reasons.

Kenzan was about child prostitution more or less. And its a PS3 game, probably takes more work to bring up to snuff. Though they also redid 1 and 2 for PS4 before. So it might be just the first reason.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I have never played Ishin but I can think of a few reasons.

Kenzan was about child prostitution more or less. And its a PS3 game, probably takes more work to bring up to snuff. Though they also redid 1 and 2 for PS4 before. So it might be just the first reason.
Oof, yeah I wouldn't understand that being a good reason for skipping it. Thanks for the info mate!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Is that one that was japan only?

Yes. Both Kenzan and Ishin are Japan-only. Kenzan was released early in PS3's life, while Ishin was cross-platform PS4 & PS3 in 2014.

While its a shame we may never see Kenzan, I can't look a gift horse in the mouth. 2014 is when the devs were working on the magnificent Yakuza 0, so I have high expectations of Ishin.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Couple tidbits from the Playstation Blog

- There's four combat styles.
  1. Swordsman
  2. Gunmn
  3. Brawler
  4. Wild Dancer
- This remake uses Unreal Engine 4, not the Dragon Engine.

Is it an RPG or more like action game?

Action, with RPG elements like sidequests and leveling. So basically like most Yakuza games. Its not full blown RPG like Yakuza 7 if that is what you mean.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Yes. Both Kenzan and Ishin are Japan-only. Kenzan was released early in PS3's life, while Ishin was cross-platform PS4 & PS3 in 2014.

While its a shame we may never see Kenzan, I can't look a gift horse in the mouth. 2014 is when the devs were working on the magnificent Yakuza 0, so I have high expectations of Ishin.
Hopefully they're testing the waters with Isshin and it sells well so we get Kenzan.

Top Bottom