• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Ishin! - State of Play Sep 2022 Announcement Trailer | PS5/XS/PS4/X1/PC

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
What in the absolute fuck they did to kiryu??

Imagine having like 65 years old and going full japanese effeminate boy band with the haircut...
They said it's story related. Maybe he's going through an emo phase or something. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
They're doing a new game (not a DLC) with Kiryu, similar to Kaito Files but a bit bigger.

It will be action focused.

It covers the events between Y6 ending and Y8 beginning, so we can understand what happened to Kiryu by the time Y8 kicks in.

Didn't see that coming at all. Always thought they were done with Kiryu.

Last edited:

saintjules

I'm a bit confused. Aren't there some character from Yakuza 7 in there?

Game look amazing btw. I just beat Yakuza 5 and man, they sure have stepped their game since then.

Seems some people on YouTube were commenting that they remade this game with adding characters from recent games in it. Additional story bits to fit them in as well.

I haven't played the OG Ishin so this seems pretty cool to me. Just so many Yakuza games to play still...

Nankatsu

Gold Member
If these guys drop Judgement 3 now, I'm gonna scream like a girl.

Scared Horror GIF

EDIT: And they didn't :messenger_sad_relieved:

Last edited:

EDMIX

I wish they skipped this a bring Yakuza like a dragon 2 sooner, but whatever... I will keep an eye on Ishin.

Well it likely won't interfere with any of that. The team likely doing this remake is probably the team that did the remake for 1 and 2 and none of that stopped Yakuza 6 and 7 and Judgement 1 and 2 from existing.

Its likely a just a different team and the team that did Like A Dragon or Yakuza 7 is likely still working on 8.

edit. will buy all 3, Ishin remake, Yakuza Gaiden, Yakuza 8 with steelbook versions lol

Last edited:

xion4360

So have they renamed the series? Or has it always been called like a dragon in jp?

EDIT
Ah so it was always called like a dragon.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Absolutely unreal. If you’d go back and tell younger me that the future of the series was bright in North America and that we’d be getting multiple games almost every year, I’d have told you to go fuck your self while I stared longingly at Yakuza 5 screenshots on the internet since it wasn’t certain if it would release here or not.

I’m so goddamn happy with where this series has gone in terms of fan base and in terms of support. Y0 really was a turning point.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Will we get to see Ichiban and Nanba in this one? Wouldn't surprise me since the other characters seem to be in.

Also please, bring back the Korean mommy from 7.

EDMIX

Absolutely unreal. If you’d go back and tell younger me that the future of the series was bright in North America and that we’d be getting multiple games almost every year, I’d have told you to go fuck your self while I stared longingly at Yakuza 5 screenshots on the internet since it wasn’t certain if it would release here or not.

I’m so goddamn happy with where this series has gone in terms of fan base and in terms of support. Y0 really was a turning point.

Agreed.

Yakuza Zero, remake of 1 and 2, porting to XB and PC. They had a strong push to make the IP more relevant and it payed off big time. I hope they do the same with Persona.

Remaster, remake, new game.

Aenima

So have they renamed the series? Or has it always been called like a dragon in jp?

EDIT
Ah so it was always called like a dragon.
They never used the name Yakuza in japan because they dont wanted the game name to be assossiated with the japanese mafia. Guess they changing that now as well to the west.

CamHostage

Very cool that Ishin is getting remade, and is being brought worldwide.

Gives me hope that some day there will be a remake of the PSP games Like a Dragon New Chapter: Black Panther... although I'd actually want that artstyle kept in the cutscenes and I still want the Aki fighting system so the problems of remaking it start to add up.

kuro2.jpg

TintoConCasera

Has this video been already posted? It's centered around gameplay, and shows some minigames, some support characters like Ichiban and Shinada and even some very based stuff, like some RL cuties.

Here's hoping those damage numbers can be disabled or modded out.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Wow. They turned the Yakuza series into FIFA. They change costumes and story and present it like a different game every year. I've played one Yakuza game and that's enough for me, I can't play another.

TintoConCasera

Wow. They turned the Yakuza series into FIFA. They change costumes and story and present it like a different game every year. I've played one Yakuza game and that's enough for me, I can't play another.
New story, new setting, new characters, new combat mechanics.

It's a new game you dummy. But hey, it's your loss.

Last edited:

Beechos

I was more surprised at it being on Unreal Real engine, then I was that it was going to be remade....with PS3 era titles, its inevitable and SEGA remastering and remaking so many already, this was more of a when then if situation, but being on Unreal Real was something I would have never guessed.

I thought they'd just put it on Dragon Engine like the other titles.

Maybe they wanted a faster remake process or something. I do hope Kenzan gets the same treatment, but seeing Yakuza's welcoming on PC and XB install base, it seems many really like the series and they'd be right to remaster and remake what they can while working on Yakuza 8.

Day 1. (I already have it in Japanese and that shit STILL a day 1 on PS5....if I can find a PS5 by then lol)

B Beechos lol yessssss I played it in Japanese a few years back when I first started learning it, its a different character, like its suppose to be his ancestor.

Might be showing my age here but....here it goes, its like in those old Matlock episodes where some times the case is set in a different time frame, but Matlock is still the detective but its like his great, great grandfather? lol

You've learned a bit about EDMIX here folks lol

Lol i love that this series doesnt take itself too seriously. i thought like a dragon was the 1st game in this spinoff lol. So exactly how many yakuza games still havent made its way out of japan? Im starting to get the feeling like this is the japanese ass creed/cod with its many sequels and spinoffs.

Last edited:
Having played the original game I found the gameplay to be too repetitive. Also, I generally dislike feudal Japan as a setting, so I will pass on this one.

TintoConCasera

10 minutes of gameplay, with English subs.

Kinda shitty video, dude playing doesn't seem to be very skilled.

I like what I see tho, it looks like Yakuza alright. Only downside for me is the UI, don't like how it takes so much space on the lower left corner, and I hate those damage numbers.

It would be pretty funny to have some of the more complex scenes dubbed as literally as possible as a bonus or something though. I want to hear a nonsensical word salad spoken as earnestly as possible.

I'm actually really disappointed they're skipping Kenzan, why would they do that?

It's not that I don't want to play Ishin, but I'd rather play them in release order, also Ishin is some historical what if, Kenzan is simply a story set in the world of Yakuza's past, right?

YukiOnna

I'm actually really disappointed they're skipping Kenzan, why would they do that?

It's not that I don't want to play Ishin, but I'd rather play them in release order, also Ishin is some historical what if, Kenzan is simply a story set in the world of Yakuza's past, right?
Did they say something new? AFAIK they never said they were skipping Kenzan. Last February, Sato said that to bring Ishin and Kenzan to the west, they would have to make them remakes (Kiwami Editions) instead of ports and I think the demand was higher for Ishin as the most recent spin-off release plus being possibly easier to rebuild than Kenzan. Otherwise, they've always talked about them together.

Localization Producer said they will do what Japan wants to do and it's just been a matter of finding time and space.

Top Bottom