• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Ishin! - State of Play Sep 2022 Announcement Trailer | PS5/XS/PS4/X1/PC

Pallas

To all of my Yakuza brothers….

phone demonstrates GIF

Sega has finally answered our calls …

kunonabi

I really hope they don't screw this up. Ive been getting out of RGG games but I'd step back in for this one.

RNG

Glad it's also coming to Steam, I was worried it would be an EGS exclusive due to using UE4 engine.

Are they dropping the Yakuza name going forwards?
It seems strange to me. Since they made Yakuza 7 into Like a Dragon, I always associated Kiryu with the Yakuza branding and Ichiban with LaD. I guess they're just going to capitalize on the LaD name given how well the latest game sold while also honoring the original RGG name.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

consoul

This is actually the perfect thing for RGG Studio to deliver in the wake of Nagoshi's departure.

So good to see it get a remaster and localisation.

Beechos

How is this game for those that have played it? Maybe I'll buy it, as it won't be set in Kamurucho!

(Wait till I find out it is set in Kamurucho but in the past) :p

Lol i agree

The yakuza story is so out there that this mofo prob travels back in time somehow. The game is still set in kamurucho but during feudal times and these mofos are still fighting over the same plot of land back then lol.

EDMIX

Steam release + Unreal Engine 4 means high potential for mods, if you care about that sort of thing.

I was more surprised at it being on Unreal Real engine, then I was that it was going to be remade....with PS3 era titles, its inevitable and SEGA remastering and remaking so many already, this was more of a when then if situation, but being on Unreal Real was something I would have never guessed.

I thought they'd just put it on Dragon Engine like the other titles.

Maybe they wanted a faster remake process or something. I do hope Kenzan gets the same treatment, but seeing Yakuza's welcoming on PC and XB install base, it seems many really like the series and they'd be right to remaster and remake what they can while working on Yakuza 8.

Day 1. (I already have it in Japanese and that shit STILL a day 1 on PS5....if I can find a PS5 by then lol)

B Beechos lol yessssss I played it in Japanese a few years back when I first started learning it, its a different character, like its suppose to be his ancestor.

Might be showing my age here but....here it goes, its like in those old Matlock episodes where some times the case is set in a different time frame, but Matlock is still the detective but its like his great, great grandfather? lol

You've learned a bit about EDMIX here folks lol

Last edited:

Pallas

Wondering if Kenzan needed more work in a remake or if they plan on just remastering it(or skipping it entirely which sucks but beggars cant be choosers and what not)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
For sure, I watched the trailer and was disappointed that PC/Xbox wasn't mentioned, so I was happy to see it listed elsewhere.

Trailers on Sony and Nintendo’s official channels only shows their respective announcements and logos. You have to check the social media channels or websites of the publishers after the presentations, to see if the games is coming to other platforms

EDMIX

Wondering if Kenzan needed more work in a remake or if they plan on just remastering it(or skipping it entirely which sucks but beggars cant be choosers and what not)

The way they are remaking this series, it sound more like a when then if. If the PC and XB install base buy Ishin no issue, they'll remake Kenzan, like very likely. I recall they had 1 team doing those remakes and remasters and the main team doing Judgement 1 and 2, Yakuza 6 and 7. If the same remains, we'll see them continue those remakes, especially if Ishin does well. I think with the modern titles, it doing well on PC and XB helps a lot, but the real battle will be with a time period like this, we know on PS it will do great numbers, but it remains to be seen if they can pull off this type of time period with XB, regardless I think we'll see it remade.

Like, 2 remakes last gen.

2 remakes this gen, but those are the titles to remake. (PS5 and Series X looking like the best fucking place to play this whole series lol) Soon. I do love to see that whole series is modernized and on BC systems for future use.

RavenSan RavenSan No worries, looks like Yakuza did really well on PC and XB as this title is coming to it too, So for the foreseeable future Yakuza titles will be multiplat. This title is very Japanese so they must feel pretty good about how this might do to put it on PC and XB, even if it does "meh",I still think you'll see future titles like a Kenzan remake on those platforms. I'd imagine a Unreal Real remake isn't as costly on them and maybe MS is paying for some gamepass thing that pays for the whole port or something.

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
One of the rare instances in which I care about if they make a collector's edition,
Wonder if we'll ever get remakes of those weird psp yakuza games games

Yes. Both Kenzan and Ishin are Japan-only. Kenzan was released early in PS3's life, while Ishin was cross-platform PS4 & PS3 in 2014.

While its a shame we may never see Kenzan, I can't look a gift horse in the mouth. 2014 is when the devs were working on the magnificent Yakuza 0, so I have high expectations of Ishin.
if we can see ishin, i'm gonna continue to believe that we may, one day, also see (the far superior) kenzan, too. hang in there!...

Kazdi

Neo Member
I wish they skipped this a bring Yakuza like a dragon 2 sooner, but whatever... I will keep an eye on Ishin.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

I'm a bit confused. Aren't there some character from Yakuza 7 in there?

Game look amazing btw. I just beat Yakuza 5 and man, they sure have stepped their game since then.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member

They just showed a new trailer. Check it out at around 15:00.

Edit: saintjules saintjules posted the standalone version down below.

Lol at the daigo character design:

daigo-ishin.png

And I'm pretty sure there are some characters from Y7 in there.

This is such a cool concept. Gathering all the casts from all games and mixed them together in a completely different setting.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Lol at the daigo character design:

daigo-ishin.png

And I'm pretty sure there are some characters from Y7 in there.

This is such a cool concept. Gathering all the casts from all games and mixed them together in a completely different setting.
Lol, poor Daigo. I wonder how many rubber bullets will he catch in this game? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

• LOL
Reactions: RNG
Top Bottom