• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lil Kim's New Bleached Hair and Light Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It is nobody's business what she decides to do with her appearance no matter how dramatic those changes may seem.

For a forum that prides itself on being extraordinarily progressive, there seem to be a lot of people here who think they're entitled to tell this woman what she should and should not be doing with her own damned body.

Agreed.

A lot of these comments would get a shit ton of hate if they were posted in other threads.

Man you watch that? I watched the first season and she had ALL the problems, 75% of her own making.

Lol I've watched a decent number of eps with my gf and that's pretty much what I noticed too. She can't stop fucking up her own life

It is nobody's business what she decides to do with her appearance no matter how dramatic those changes may seem.

For a forum that prides itself on being extraordinarily progressive, there seem to be a lot of people here who think they're entitled to tell this woman what she should and should not be doing with her own damned body.

This is true, but at the same time people don't get plastic surgery when they're satisfied with what they currently have. Although you're right it's probably presumptuous to comment on her mental state/self image. But a black woman who's been progressively looking whiter and whiter...it's not like this is some unique instance of this happening

Look what Gabby did to herself SMH

Cg2Vx0HWsAE2BlS.jpg:large
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
more recent pics
That pic is literally her pouting,makeup + angles

please stop believing fucking media take out

Agreed.

A lot of these comments would get a shit ton of hate if they were posted in other threads.

Maybe instead of trying to earn internet points for wagging your fingers, you could think about how self-hate drove a black female artist to lighten her skin and change her features to more typically European ones.

A lot of people are saddened, not just looking to poke fun.

Only when it's about abortion.
Skin coloring? Bish better learn her place.

Feel better?

ApharmdX

Banned

You are right but... a black person making themselves white, especially in the Americas, has deep implications. I'll bet a lot of the posters criticizing Lil Kim are POC feeling some kind of way.

RootCause

Maybe instead of trying to earn internet points for wagging your fingers, you could think about how self-hate drove a black female artist to lighten her skin and change her features to more typically European ones.

Feel better?
No, do you?
I'm not the one mocking people for whitening their skin, or getting surgery.

This is it exactly.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I'm thinking about this from my own point of view.

I have vitiligo and most of my face has lost it's skintone but I still have a few spots where I had my old skin color. I wish I had the money to lighten my skin in those areas so I could have one unified colors all throughout.

If I were to get my skin lighten, am I going to have a bunch of people shitting on me for not accepting the way I look and trying to change it into something that I want?

I've no idea why Kim decided to do what she did but if it makes her happy, who am I to shame her for it?

Only when it's about abortion.
Skin coloring? Bish better learn her place.

Oh what silly fucking rhetoric as a black person myself seeing another black person feeling they need to whitening their skin to be appreciate by the mass is incredibly disappointing and damaging because of the potential influence it may have on her impressionable followers I would have been just as disspointed if this was a guy.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Imagine a Caitlyn Jenner thread with the same replies and tell me how it would be anything other than a gray wasteland of banned users.

Exactly. This is not about the issues that Caitlyn Jenner deals with.

We can debate what it means to have cosmetic surgery, but it seems fundamentally different from the situation of trans people to me.

Truth right here.

I'm thinking about this from my own point of view.

I have vitiligo and most of my face has lost it's skintone but I still have a few spots where I had my old skin color. I wish I had the money to lighten my skin in those areas so I could have one unified colors all throughout.

If I were to get my skin lighten, am I going to have a bunch of people shitting on me for not accepting the way I look and trying to change it into something that I want?

I've no idea why Kim decided to do what she did but if it makes her happy, who am I to shame her for it?

Why do people keep trying to compare situations that aren't the same? And not everyone commenting on it is shaming her but maybe your own situation makes only the ones who are stand out.

Oh what silly fucking rhetoric as a black person myself seeing another black person feeling they need to whitening their skin to be appreciate by the mass is incredibly disappointing and damaging because of the potential influence it may have on her impressionable followers I would have been just as disspointed if this was a guy.

How are the two situations comparable?

How aren't they? Two people feel that their external appearance does not accurately reflect who they are inside and they've both gone through great lengths to rectify that cosmetically. Is it really so hard to believe that internal racial identity can be just as complicated as one's gender identity?

.shin

Banned
not surprised to see shitposts in this thread.

this is a prime example of what colorism can do to someone, especially a black woman. I hope she feels better now. /:

No, because that's just one thing you would have done to alter your appearance. That doesn't automatically indicate severe insecurity and/or body dysmorphic disorder. Lil Kim's string of plastic surgeries and cosmetic alterations is a lot more indicative of that. It's not about shaming her. It's about realizing that this is a concerning issue. No one's poking fun.

How aren't they? Two people feel that their external appearance does not accurately reflect who they are inside and they've both gone through great lengths to rectify that cosmetically. Is it really so hard to believe that internal racial identity can be just as complicated as one's gender identity?

How do you feel about Rachel Dolezal?

It's that complication that makes the comparison feel pretty cheap. Honestly it just seems more like you enjoy chastising other posters than that you have any genuine concern for either.

...So this is what we're doing here, huh?

.JayZii

Banned
Huh. That's quite a transformation. Soon we will all look like Korean pop stars.

It's hard to do anything other than feel sorry for people with low self esteem, body dysmorphia and too much money.

This sort of makes me think of a lot of pokemon evolutions. The first stage is cute and lovable, the middle stage is an awkward mess, and the final form looks pretty good but is definitely over-designed. Though this has shades of Butterfree/Venomoth where the final forms of two different pokemon got mixed up.

How do you feel about Rachel Dolezal?

I feel that she intentionally mislead people and at the very least lied by omission. I do not believe she was wrong to desire and create an aesthetic that she felt was more in line with her internal view of herself, however.

It's that complication that makes the comparison feel pretty cheap. Honestly it just seems more like you enjoy chastising other posters than that you have any genuine concern for either.

Have you got any insights that do not rely on baseless speculation about the people you're responding to or the internal motivations of the person we're discussing?

RootCause

No, because that's just one thing you would have done to alter your appearance. That doesn't automatically indicate severe insecurity and/or body dysmorphic disorder. Lil Kim's string of plastic surgeries and cosmetic alterations is a lot more indicative of that. It's not about shaming her. It's about realizing that this is a concerning issue. No one's poking fun.
Clearly something is going on with her.

Calling her an idiot, and crazy sounds like poking fun to me.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to

7cVQoIEh.jpg

I feel that she intentionally mislead people and at the very least lied by omission. I do not believe she was wrong desire and create an aesthetic that she felt was more in line with her internal view of herself, however.

Have you got any insights that do not rely on baseless speculation about the people you're responding to or the internal motivations of the person we're discussing?

Already said what I had to say about the subject at hand. I don't think you really understand what you want to complain about but no, I don't have any numbers to back that up so I guess Outworld is yours

RootCause

Sounds like two different things.

aly

It's sad to think of everything that drove her to change the way she looked so drastically. It's hard enough being a regular black woman and hearing the things we do about our skin, hair, nose, etc. I can't imagine what it's like when you're famous as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom