• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition FFX/X2HD Revealed (NA/EU, PS3 Version) [Up: Screens]

Seda

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's so special about those menus?

It shows Last Mission for X-2, something that we haven't seen/heard anything concrete for.

I'm also questioning the source a bit. If fake it is a good fake, but considering the screens are just posted with no accompanying information ... seems sketchy.

I know that, but I was wondering why people are praising the menu designs so much. They don't that special to me.

I mean, when these are the originals
MiTKkb9.png

GPaXQDc.png

And this is lazy ass SE we're talking about, you kind of have to rejoice.

Stuart444

Taking with a pinch of salt but hoping it's real.

Last Mission + Fantastic looking menu makes me want it to be real.

Still, wait for confirmation before getting excited :)

x-Lundz-x

The more I think about it, the more I think FFX is my favorite of the series. I think I'm going to get this when its out to relive some great memories.

They've never struck me as one to make lazy interfaces on the Japan side. In fact, I'd probably put them near the top.
Oh I meant about porting, not original interface. I can't blame them for the game being developed in the late 90's

Square-Enix may be lazy in some ways, but not when it comes to ports/remasters.
I'm going to have to disagree here. Most recently, I can think of the FFVII PC port.

Samyy

How did we go from Yuna and Ashe to Lightning :<
I can't wait to play this again.... I have a ps2 copy of both right in my basement....I should put those in.

x1uePjl.jpg

Found this online.

Source The Magic Box
Something about the X-2 character image blending is annoying. The shadows of Rikku and Paine still being present in Yuna's image while they are standing there in their own images I think. I'd prefer X just used one of Tidus, but that's because I like seeing Tidus and his stupid looking half shorts and laughing.

Erigu

Something about the X-2 character image blending is annoying. The shadows of Rikku and Paine still being present in Yuna's image while they are standing there in their own images I think.
Yeah, montages with the same characters appearing twice or more annoy me a bit as well.

Aurizen

Something about the X-2 character image blending is annoying. The shadows of Rikku and Paine still being present in Yuna's image while they are standing there in their own images I think. I'd prefer X just used one of Tidus, but that's because I like seeing Tidus and his stupid looking half shorts and laughing.

I love it it looks fine to me.

Darknight

Shouldn't be in these threads if you're avoiding spoilers.

The games are 10 years old, it's all fairgame.

Did you play X or not? Because if you played X and didn't know about the "special" X-2 end..lol.

If you didn't play X, you don't even know how it's spoiled yet.

First of I was like 15 when I played and beat these. So my memory is bad and had no recollection so its a spoiler for my 24 year old self. LOL

clem84

Gold Member
Does anyone know if they still plan on releasing a retail version of the Vita games? Amazon only has the PS3 version on their website. It's like the Vita versions of X and X-2 don't even exist. Anyone know?

Seda

Does anyone know if they still plan on releasing a retail version of the Vita games? Amazon only has the PS3 version on their website. It's like the Vita versions of X and X-2 don't even exist. Anyone know?

No confirmation either way.

Aurizen

now that the ps+ mystery has been revealed with the latest psvita update maybe we'll get some news this week regarding the vita version and release date.

DR2K

Banned
Game stops system says 11/10 for the release date. Don't know if it means anything, but I doubt they just made it up.

SirNinja

Damn, I'm away from the thread for a few days and look what happens:

Hope to Yevon these aren't fakes. They look like the real deal, though. Loving those Vita screens in particular (finally!). Definitely getting this for both platforms.

And Last Mission! Holy crap. I honestly didn't think we'd get that. Eternal Calm is a nice bonus too.

Game stops system says 11/10 for the release date. Don't know if it means anything, but I doubt they just made it up.

Why? They almost certainly just made it up. Retailers do that all the time. Also, as has been mentioned, November 10th is a Sunday, and SE doesn't release stuff on that day for any region.

Top Bottom