• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition FFX/X2HD Revealed (NA/EU, PS3 Version) [Up: Screens]

RPGCrazied

We probably won't get a date until KH ReMix is out in stores. Probably TGS is when we will get one, at least the Japanese date.

Shahed

Can't wait for someone who never played the International version to forget a ultimate weapon item in a shrine just to be greeted by a dark Aeon when they backtrack.

Bahamut or Valefor? The latter is easy to miss since you need to go far out of your way to backtrack. The former is more costly since Dark Valefor is pretty easy to kill all things considered

I had international version and I played without any guide so Dark Aeons made me seriously freaked out.

You never knew when you are going to them during end game.

Giant Dark Anima standing like NPC was messed up.

kadotsu

Banned
Bahamut or Valefor? The latter is easy to miss since you need to go far out of your way to backtrack. The former is more costly since Dark Valefor is pretty easy to kill all things considered

You can run into Shiva if you want to get Anima and forgot to do the extra puzzle in the ice shrine, Bahamut for Tidus' weapon and the Magus Sisters if you take the obvious route to Auron's weapon.

SirNinja

I suspect that FFXHD will have one of the hardest trophy list ever.

That game is just beyond ridiculous.

Oh god yes. I do not look forward to getting the Celestial weapons again, especially for Tidus, Kimahri, Lulu, and double-especially Wakka. His is the only ultimate weapon I've yet to ever obtain (I am terrible at blitzball....guess I'd better start practicing).

Then of course there's all that grinding to unlock and beat every superboss. Three near-guaranteed trophies are defeating Nemesis, the Dark Aeons, and Penance. (I am also really not looking forward to fighting Trema in X-2, especially now that Cat Nip's been nerfed.)

Aurizen

small news from Nova Crystallis

Jump Magazine has a few new details out this week on Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster, although not quite the release date many fans are looking forward to.

Similar to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, Final Fantasy X will see around 60 of its tracks rearranged for the HD version. Masashi Hamauzu – one of the game’s original composers and also responsible for Final Fantasy XIII’s score – has even participated in bringing these new arrangements to life.

The magazine also talks about trophies in the game – suggesting there could be some that provide a real challenge to the player. Fancy a go at the celestial weapons? While nothing is explicitly confirmed, it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to see where Square Enix is going with this. Platinum seekers just might want to prepare themselves to face 200 lightning bolts, just in case.

Again, no news on a release date as of yet, but the magazine promises something on that front soon. The game is still scheduled to release sometime this year on both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, with the later split into two separate titles.

SirNinja

The magazine also talks about trophies in the game – suggesting there could be some that provide a real challenge to the player. Fancy a go at the celestial weapons? While nothing is explicitly confirmed, it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to see where Square Enix is going with this. Platinum seekers just might want to prepare themselves to face 200 lightning bolts, just in case.

Well, yeah, the Celestial weapons will almost certainly be a trophy. What I'm more worried about is whether there's going to be something needlessly grind-heavy like "Teach every aeon every move" or "Have every character learn every Overdrive mode".

I wish they'd release the trophy list while we wait. Surely that's locked down by now?

Final Fantasy X will see around 60 of its tracks rearranged for the HD version. Masashi Hamauzu – one of the game’s original composers and also responsible for Final Fantasy XIII’s score – has even participated in bringing these new arrangements to life.

Made my day right there. Say what you want about Final Fantasy XIII, but it had a damn good soundtrack. Hamauzu also composed some of my favorite FFX tracks (Besaid, Servants of the Mountain, Challenge, etc). Awesome.

Aurizen

devidation on Nova Crystallis posted some screenshots

1005961_10200185032925397_871798573_n.jpg

1002247_10200185032445385_295691031_n.jpg

1043993_10200185031205354_229941350_n.jpg

Seda

Well, yeah, the Celestial weapons will almost certainly be a trophy. What I'm more worried about is whether there's going to be something needlessly grind-heavy like "Teach every aeon every move" or "Have every character learn every Overdrive mode".

Exactly. Celestial Weapons will be the easy part.

Those you mentioned, or killing Nemesis/Penance are much much more difficult and time consuming.

devidation on Nova Crystallis posted some screenshots

1005961_10200185032925397_871798573_n.jpg

1002247_10200185032445385_295691031_n.jpg

1043993_10200185031205354_229941350_n.jpg

Seems like these were from Japan Expo? I was wondering if any of the event demos had menu interfaces ready. I like it.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
What was the point in announcing the "Limited Edition" yesterday if there was no release date attached? Seemed counter-productive.

Cant wait though- going to be day one whenever that is.

Aurizen

Exactly. Celestial Weapons will be the easy part.

Those you mentioned, or killing Nemesis/Penance are much much more difficult and time consuming.

Seems like these were from Japan Expo? I was wondering if any of the event demos had menu interfaces ready. I like it.

yup from the japan expo. the demo that was at e3 I dont think you can get to the menu yet, I think the menu becomes available when you meet Rikku.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well holy goddamn somebody award the menu designer.
Upd: Really torn between PS3 and Vita version. On one hand, it would be perfect to have on the go, on the other, dat resolution
Upd2: On second thought, that X-2 PS3 collage is stupid, it has Rikku and Paine twice because of Yuna's art

Vashetti

Banned
Upd: Really torn between PS3 and Vita version. On one hand, it would be perfect to have on the go, on the other, dat resolution
Upd2: On second thought, that X-2 PS3 collage is stupid, it has Rikku and Paine twice because of Yuna's art

tumblr_mqdhh9GCQW1s8i5kbo1_500.gif

Steroyd

I'm hoping SE at the least offer some premium price cross buy on PSN,because i'd personally rather have both...and digitally.... that's going to be expensive as fuck. :(

Last Mission? Last Mission.

I want to see new Eternal Calm screens. the original looks terrible, probably because the early PS2 era did Besaid no justice.

Also I wish they fixed Rikku and Paine's faces during the 1000 words scene. They look weirdly off model.

AmanoBuff

Glad to see the Vita version is alive and kicking.

Also, in the Vita thread they noticed the PS Plus icon at the top of the splash screens. Anyone has any idea what that might mean?

Aytrial

Guys, there's no cart icon in the Vita screens. Then again, would they bother sending out carts for early preview/beta copies? DON'T KNOW IF HYPED OR NOT.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm hoping SE at the least offer some premium price cross buy on PSN,because i'd personally rather have both...and digitally.... that's going to be expensive as fuck. :(

Indeed, it would only entice more people to buy a vita. It's a win win situation... I think.

At least I wisht Atlus would have done it for dragon's crown.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

It's a fully featured remaster. This is going to be so incredible.

I thought the PS2 had a send off...the PS3's final catalogue of triple-A games is unreal.

MadmanUK

Fuck those screens look really nice. Why do i want to play old games instead of playing my 'effing huge backlog? I crazy.

So hyped to play this again in such a form. Glad I held off on playing it again recently. Looking forward to finally give Blitzball a chance for real in FF X. I always skipped it on my playthroughs for some reason, but have always wanted to. Same goes for like half of the ultimate weapons and colosseum monsters. And I don't even know what the hell the International version's ultimate bosses will be like challenge-wise. Game is very replay friendly so I an very much looking forward to doing FF X (and X-2) again.

Shouldn't be in these threads if you're avoiding spoilers.

The games are 10 years old, it's all fairgame.

I don't agree that it's ok to outright spoil a game just because 10 years has passed. While the game is 10 years old there are surely some people playing for the first time with this release. Still think using standard spoiler etiquette is better than talking about plot twists etc as if they are some sort of common knowledge.

Top Bottom