• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition FFX/X2HD Revealed (NA/EU, PS3 Version) [Up: Screens]

Vashetti

Banned
Technically the models are a definite upgrade.

Emotion-wise, they look vacant and almost dead compared to their originals.

I feel so conflicted.

MrDenny

They look the same...

WC6Ypfr.jpg

jbrJ9h5fumJLbC.png

Everything is improved except the facial animations.
They said they are still working on it, so hopefully by release they're improved.

Bladenic

I honestly prefer the old face models... I mean I'll wait until playing it but I infinitely prefer the look of the old models based on screens.

LuuKyK

Yuna is such a bland character overall. They really couldnt have made a more boring female character. I mean, from chin up. Her outfit/body is fine, but her face and her hair is something you can see on the streets everywhere everytime... I mean, there is a reason why the game is called Final FANTASY. Why not make something more, uhm, different/colorful? But yeah, not that big of a deal. I can overlook it, but it still bothers me.

Bladenic

Yuna is such a bland character overall. They really couldnt have made a more boring female character. I mean, from chin up. Her outfit/body is fine, but her face and her hair is something you can see on the streets everywhere everytime... I mean, there is a reason why the game is called Final FANTASY. Why not make something more, uhm, different/colorful? But yeah, not that big of a deal. I can overlook it, but it still bothers me.

Her thing is heterochromia. Better than pink hair tbh

I really don't like Tidus' new face for some reason. Just seems less cool. Now he just looks kinda...uninteresting and boring. I dunno...just isn't doing it for me. Yuna, though is much better.

SirNinja

I feel so conflicted.

I've been replaying FFX this week; one of the biggest things that surprised me is that the models really weren't very lifelike there either. A lot of people remember them to be more expressive in-game than they actually were. They improved facial animations for X-2, but X seriously left a lot to be desired in that department.

That said, yes - I do hope they improve it quite a bit for the remasters.

That just says Lightning will be getting a Yuna costume (I can't really imagine her making that work, but whatever). Whether X/X-2 HD will be getting costumes is still up in the air.

Aurizen

I dont mind the faces, they'll improve them, I want a release date and a reveal what the menu looks like.

I've been replaying FFX this week; one of the biggest things that surprised me is that the models really weren't very lifelike there either. A lot of people remember them to be more expressive in-game than they actually were. They improved facial animations for X-2, but X seriously left a lot to be desired in that department.

That said, yes - I do hope they improve it quite a bit for the remasters.

That just says Lightning will be getting a Yuna costume (I can't really imagine her making that work, but whatever). Whether X/X-2 HD will be getting costumes is still up in the air.

This is what I'm talking about that Final Fanatsy Go thing does this mean FFX and X-2 will have new costumes?

Elios83

Also, 3 new screens

9OwygVc.jpg

WC6Ypfr.jpg

itQ1BG8.jpg

Great, tons of improvements. It's definetly much more than a HD porting at this point.
Too bad they're struggling a bit with the facial animations (Tidus in particular), maybe they need to remake them but they don't have the time, budget and dedication they had with the original game.
Still I'm definetly going to buy FFX on Vita.

Aurizen

Great, tons of improvements. It's definetly much more than a HD porting at this point.
Too bad they're struggling a bit with the facial animations (Tidus in particular), maybe they need to remake them but they don't have the time, budget and dedication they had with the original game.
Still I'm definetly going to buy FFX on Vita.

yeah it looks awesome, I just hope they give a release date soon.

but whats this about Lightning on X and X-2 HD? can someone further explain for me?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
but whats this about Lightning on X and X-2 HD? can someone further explain for me?
GAF overreacting to X/X-2 being included in the cross-promotion program featuring mainly Lightning Returns and A Realm Reborn. No actual data yet.

Seda

yeah it looks awesome, I just hope they give a release date soon.

http://www.finalfantasy.jp/ff_go_there/
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/07/final-fantasy-go-there-collaboration-campaign-launched/

How I read it:
Basically, there are 'collaborations' between the Final Fantasy titles coming soon: FFX|X-2HD, LR:FFXIII, and FFXIV:ARR. The mash-ups that have been officially announced already are:

1.) Lightning in FFXIV:ARR as part of a quest.
2.) Miqo’te outfit in LR:FFXIII

We also know of a third one, being a Yuna costume in LR:FFXIII.

So it seems it's only a matter of time before Lightning somehow makes her way into FFX|X-2HD. :/

Aurizen

http://www.finalfantasy.jp/ff_go_there/
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/07/final-fantasy-go-there-collaboration-campaign-launched/

How I read it:
Basically, there are 'collaborations' between the Final Fantasy titles coming soon: FFX|X-2HD, LR:FFXIII, and FFXIV:ARR. The mash-ups that have been officially announced already are:

1.) Lightning in FFXIV:ARR as part of a quest.
2.) Miqo’te outfit in LR:FFXIII

We also know of a third one, being a Yuna costume in LR:FFXIII.

So it seems it's only a matter of time before Lightning somehow makes her way into FFX|X-2HD. :/
Oh i see... hmm well maybe this could be cool seeing yuna in Lightning outfit

Squire

Banned

I feel so conflicted.

This is exactly how I feel.

But maybe we need to see cutscenes? Motion often changes things and we 're just looking at stills here, to be fair.

Roubjon

There's definitely a difference with the facial animations, lighting, and some other visual effects with the new version as is and the original. If what we see now is what we are getting though, I'm still happy. I'd take the new models over the things we are losing if I had a choice, just so I could experience it a little differently than before.

I'm hoping they fix it up for release though, but I kind of doubt they will.

Vashetti

Banned
Those two .gifs above are very telling.

I hope the animation/facial expressions are improved before the final release.

Though just the novelty of having FFX/X-2 playing on my PS3 with loads of upgraded features will probably be enough for me anyway.

I'm still going to cry like a baby.

Jennipeg

I don't think I like Yuna's new face, all the softness is gone, her mouth is too defined, it's really noticable in the .gif a few posts up. Maybe it will be better when it is released.

Jennipeg

Does anyone know if this has cross play with Vita?

I think I saw on IGN that it does support cross save, but not cross buy. So you have to buy the PS3 versions, and then the VIta versions seperate. The Vita versions are not bundled like the PS3 versions, you have to buy X and X-2 seperate, a total rip off if you ask me.

I'm sticking with PS3, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

AmanoBuff

Does anyone know if this has cross play with Vita?

Since the game is single player it can't have cross-play. So technically, it is called Cross-save in this case, and YES, the games do support it, which is nice.

I think I saw on IGN that it does support cross save, but not cross buy. So you have to buy the PS3 versions, and then the VIta versions seperate. The Vita versions are not bundled like the PS3 versions, you have to buy X and X-2 seperate, a total rip off if you ask me.

I'm sticking with PS3, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Cross buy is a really nice initiative but is one that only Sony and indies support. Don't expect any big third party (even less SE with a franchise as huge as FF) to support cross-buy ever.

We still don't know anything about the Vita versions except that they will come in two separate cartridges. I am hoping for a bundle that includes both but if it happens, I don't expect it to cost as low as the single PS3 disc.

Jennipeg

Since the game is single player it can't have cross-play. So technically, it is called Cross-save in this case, and YES, the games do support it, which is nice.

Cross buy is a really nice initiative but is one that only Sony and indies support. Don't expect any big third party (even less SE with a franchise as huge as FF) to support cross-buy ever.

We still don't know anything about the Vita versions except that they will come in two separate cartridges. I am hoping for a bundle that includes both but if it happens, I don't expect it to cost as low as the single PS3 disc.

Yeah that's a good point. It would be fine, except Shopto have the PS3 disk at £35, and the individual Vita games are £32 each, maybe it's just a place holder until SE announce something. But if they keep those prices, it's almost like they don't want people to play on Vita.

Nerokis

I'm not sure about Yuna, but we have at least one example of a FF character that was designed specifically not to be physically striking: Rinoa. The intention was for her to be memorable less for her looks and more for her personality.

Unlike Lightning, apparently.

Yeah... The first looks so much better.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Man, this is still bothering me. Yuna's new model looks like it belongs in one of Square's PSP games more than anything... she just has that look Crisis Core/Dissidia look. Well, that and losing visual effects like the blur is kind of ghetto.

I dunno, man. I'm really starting to wonder whether I want to switch over to this new version...

Midou

Those models are some weird lifeless barbie dolls, what the fuck did they do. That's not a technical upgrade alone. I don't think I can put up with that.

ibpepqxpFyjNsI.png

Eugh. Just Eugh.

There's definitely a difference with the facial animations, lighting, and some other visual effects with the new version as is and the original. If what we see now is what we are getting though, I'm still happy. I'd take the new models over the things we are losing if I had a choice, just so I could experience it a little differently than before.

I'm hoping they fix it up for release though, but I kind of doubt they will.

I wonder if it has something to do with mocap/animations not being compatible with new models or something crazy like that? IT's weird how the PS2 one looks noticeably better...

Lain

Yuna definitely looks better in the remaster, though with sharper and more defined graphics, the lifeless appearance is more noticeable.

Top Bottom