• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition FFX/X2HD Revealed (NA/EU, PS3 Version) [Up: Screens]

Holmes

they said we'll get vita news 'real soon' and a release date 'real soon'

I hope for news this week.
Well, I can always cancel my PS3 pre-order and pre-order the Vita versions provided they come out in physical form... or, I dunno, I'm feeling impulsive and maybe I'll just get PS3 and Vita versions. Don't feel like I should reward Square-Enix America for dicking us around over the Vita version but I really warmed up to playing this on console.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm sure this may have been asked before, but how big is the art book?
24 pages.

Someone mentioned earlier that the CD is housed in the book and linked a video to the Hitman one. Judging by that, the dimensions of the book would be about regular game box size.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
24 pages only?

Christ it's like a large pamphlet of art.

Not enough to make me consider preordering.

Spacebar

24 pages.

Someone mentioned earlier that the CD is housed in the book and linked a video to the Hitman one. Judging by that, the dimensions of the book would be about regular game box size.

Damn, that's really disappointing. I was hoping something more along the lines of what we got with The Last of Us.

Famassu

What in hell is going on with this release. You can't even pre-order any version of this from Amazon UK, Shopto already sold out their initial allotment and Zavvi/TheHut are only selling the regular version for a measly 63€. I WANT TO PRE-ORDER THIS THING; GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER UK ONLINE RETAILERS.

RPGCrazied

So the game disc is on the inside of the artbook? That is pretty cool. Also its getting some sort of box for the artbook/game to fit inside.

No word if KH will have this, it wasn't mentioned. :(

What in hell is going on with this release. You can't even pre-order any version of this from Amazon UK, Shopto already sold out their initial allotment and Zavvi/TheHut are only selling the regular version for a measly 63€. I WANT TO PRE-ORDER THIS THING; GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER UK ONLINE RETAILERS.

Just tried Shopto now, my pre-order went through.

RPGCrazied

My question got answered on the blog. I asked when KH ReMix limited edition was announced it came with a release date, then this limited edition gets announced but no release date.

All he said was,"Please stay tuned, we’ll be announcing more information very soon! I hate it when companies use this word. :p Could mean a week, a month, whenever.

Chake

Banned
My question got answered on the blog. I asked when KH ReMix limited edition was announced it came with a release date, then this limited edition gets announced but no release date.

All he said was,"Please stay tuned, we’ll be announcing more information very soon! I hate it when companies use this word. :p Could mean a week, a month, whenever.

SE has two games releasing in Q4. Kingdom hearts in September, and ARR in August. So am guessing it would be in October/November. Might as well wait for Gamescom.

Aurizen

i guess this will have a really good sale, its amazon bestseller, and it may even outsell FFXIII -LR this would bring me joy.

good think i preordered in march :D

My Metal Gear Saga for PS3 artbook was terrible. It was primarily cover arts of the original releases, per region, etc.

Well, they advertised that artbook as such. They said it would be promotional artwork that they had used from around the world for the games' releases. Doesn't make it any less shitty, but hey.

At least with the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD artbooks, their size may be disappointing but the content being artwork from the games' concept to execution and comments from the developers are better than a slideshow of marketing shots. I'm optimistic about this.

Well, as optimistic as I can be about "Free Upgrade to LE" bonuses.

Squire

Banned
Damn, that's really disappointing. I was hoping something more along the lines of what we got with The Last of Us.

Ha, that's flat-out the official art book that you can buy separately. Unfortunately we're only so rarely treated to such things in CEs.

yea what a mess.. would like to pre-order this one at amazon as well :/

Seda

Not sure if posted before, but Siliconera just mentioned that the Last Mission extra dungeon from X-2 will not be part of the game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/1...ster-will-have-international-edition-content/

You are referring to : "Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster will include content from the game’s International edition, excluding the Last Mission bonus dungeon from Final Fantasy X-2." ?

I think this is just a rewording of the Polygon sentence:

"Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 HD will include all bonus content from the game's International versions, save 10-2 bonus dungeon Last Mission" --> ... which goes on to basically say Last Mission was most recently said to be "currently under consideration".

(And the Polygon Article is rewriting of Nova Crystallis which says "Still nothing about Last Mission, which Square Enix previously claimed they considered a ‘separate game’ from X-2 and had not made any decisions regarding its inclusion." )

All sourced from a EU PS Blog interview which doesn't say anything about Last Mission.

Basically, I read it as "International versions are CONFIRMED but we have yet to hear about Last Mission either way"

Aurizen

You are referring to : "Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster will include content from the game’s International edition, excluding the Last Mission bonus dungeon from Final Fantasy X-2." ?

I think this is just a rewording of the Polygon sentence:

"Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 HD will include all bonus content from the game's International versions, save 10-2 bonus dungeon Last Mission" --> ... which goes on to basically say Last Mission was most recently said to be "currently under consideration".

(And the Polygon Article is rewriting of Nova Crystallis which says "Still nothing about Last Mission, which Square Enix previously claimed they considered a ‘separate game’ from X-2 and had not made any decisions regarding its inclusion." )

All sourced from a EU PS Blog interview which doesn't say anything about Last Mission.

Basically, I read it as "International versions are CONFIRMED but we have yet to hear about Last Mission either way"
hmm google translate says

Both versions, X and X-2 are based on the international original Japanese language. Regarding the X, the content will be identical. However, for X-2, we added that were originally exclusive to the Japanese version, such as the creation of creatures, which will now also included in the international version content.

dint the part where it talks about the Japanese exclusive involved with Last Mission?

Raziel

24 pages.

Well, if it's exactly like the HITMAN one, you can expect this piece of crap:

G7ECK4D.jpg

RPGCrazied

What's so wrong with it? I watched an hitman hd unboxing, and it looked fine to me. Even has this sort of case in the FF XIII-2 CE. Built in artbok with game and soundtrack cd's.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Amazon.it got their own version of the game up on their site with a release date set for 31 October 2013. Place-holder date or could be close to reality?

Aurizen

I hope this week we'll get a release date maybe some in battle game play of X|X-2.

the next piece of news they should give is about the menu.

ev0

Well, if it's exactly like the HITMAN one, you can expect this piece of crap:

Seeing as how there's no 360 version of the game I am going to assume/hope this won't be the case with this game as its PS3 only.

It happens all the time with Steelbooks too when the company is too cheap to pay for 2 print runs of the thing when they can just use one (usually the bigger) size and put a slipcover over it with that consoles packaging design over it.

Unless they decide to be super lazy and just use the printers template from Hitman on this. I guess we shall see on Kingdom Hearts 1,5 as well?

Persona7

Banned
Luckily I have some of those slim DVD cases. I used one for my copy of Hitman.

It is basically the same exact brand that OXM demo disks used to come in.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, Square really did a number on the upgrade. It looks so damn good.

Top Bottom