• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition FFX/X2HD Revealed (NA/EU, PS3 Version) [Up: Screens]

Aeana

The FF10 battle UI looks good, but the FF10-2 one didn't turn out as well. It really looks like they tried too hard to emulate the old one exactly.

flyover

I have to admit, Tidus looks kind of like Chucky with blonde hair.

C'mon, man. Why'd you have to say that?

6K957b8.png

rataven

Oooo, great news they're giving this an LE. The art book looks so elegant too. But I always get nervous with these automatic preorder upgrades. My Amazon order doesn't seem to show it's for the Limited Edition, but it does link back to it. So fingers crossed, I guess!

Ainaurdur

Went ahead and pre-ordered on Amazon. I want the Vita versions more (Will probably still get them digitally.), been on the fence about possibly getting it for PS3, but since cross-save was announced the decision here was easier. Love the thought of being able to play anywhere yet also sit down with the larger screen at home.

Of course I could always cancel later if I change my mind.

chrono01

This is pretty nice. I love Limited Editions at launch for no additional cost. It rewards those that purchase it new/at release. That's a great incentive.

I just hope Futureshop.ca has it, as well. I assume that it's for all launch copies, but I see no mention of it on their site. I pre-ordered this game during their E3 deal, and it's in a bundle with a few other games. :(

I usually don't care for LE's but I freaking love FFX. And add to that, that it's still at $40, I couldn't pass up. Just pre-ordered from Amazon.com

Man, I was excited for this remaster partly because I wanted them to make Tidus' face look better, more like he does in the CG. But honestly, it looks kinda worse. I think it's the eyes. They don't animate right, and there's like a lack of detail around them. They're like doll anime eyes on a real person. Same goes for Yuna.

Oh well. At least I'm getting to finally play the International versions, which I never thought I would. I'm mostly excited for X-2, which had some kinda monster catching thing where you could fight with Brother and Buddy. :D

NeededSleep

There is something deep inside me that makes me want to punch the entire cast of characters in the face from FF10.

Unfortunately the fate of FF12 remake rides on the hope that this sells well. So all you FF10 fans(*shudders* it should of been FF9 dammit not 10) go buy many copies please.

I'm guessing no dual-audio? I know the Japanese ver. isn't any better, but I want to experience it at least once. Oh well, I guess I'm just better off getting this twice and getting the Japanese subtitles.

Oh, it absolutely is.

I've seen bits and pieces of the Japanese version, and it seemed like a mixed bag to me. My impression was that Auron sounds especially awful in Japanese and Lulu sounds more flat. Tidus is 10,000x better in Japanese, but I'm not sure about it overall.

I think I want to try for the Japanese version this time, just because of how much more VA work Tidus has in the game (and plot import), but I'm not seeing it up for preorder yet.

Aytrial

Ugh, those screen are a mixed bag for me. I'm fine with the remastered models and UI, but the faces look so...dead. Could be down to just bad timing on the screenshots, which I'm hoping.

Glad what I interpreted as a glossy embossed menu in this thread's screenshots are merely flat accents. Referring to the white outlines for those that are curious.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I had a perfect save for FFX (PAL) that my brother deleted, so I did everything a second time.
Don't know if I want to go through all that again for a plat.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No word on trophies.

Going by the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 collection, FFX and X-2 will have separate trophy lists with a Platinum for each :)

X-2 will probably be a pain to plat because you have to go through Via Infinito.

Top Bottom