• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition FFX/X2HD Revealed (NA/EU, PS3 Version) [Up: Screens]

The_Monk

Loving the Screens, thanks for posting them fellow GAFfer.

Hope the LE to be up in amazon.uk since I can get Free Shipping to my country.

Holmes

Ok, I just pre-ordered this at EB Games/Gamestop in Canada. I specifically asked for the limited edition, and on my receipt it says LE. So my advice to those who are unsure if their pre-orders will upgrade tp the LE is to just give them a call and they can check for you.

bill0527

I'm happy for those of you genuinely excited for the art book, but my first reaction is...huh? Just an art book? I don't buy too many collectors editions, but the ones I do buy are usually chock full of stuff. I think the last one i bought was God of War: Ascension, that came with the soundtrack, an enormous Kratos Action figure, steel book case, and a shit ton of downloadable stuff.

TheContact

This game really needs to be ps3 and vita synchronized. Would be awesome to play on my ps3 then play the same save file on my vita without having to manually copy the save file each time

I'm happy for those of you genuinely excited for the art book, but my first reaction is...huh? Just an art book? I don't buy too many collectors editions, but the ones I do buy are usually chock full of stuff. I think the last one i bought was God of War: Ascension, that came with the soundtrack, an enormous Kratos Action figure, steel book case, and a shit ton of downloadable stuff.

I can't stand LEs that come with figures. I'm not going to cover my shelf with toys so they'll just stay in the box.

As an artist myself, the best possible thing a publisher can do with their collectors editions is pack in a massively detailed art book. It's pretty much the only thing that would get me to buy one.

Toki767

This game really needs to be ps3 and vita synchronized. Would be awesome to play on my ps3 then play the same save file on my vita without having to manually copy the save file each time

It is. We just don't know when the Vita version is coming.

I'm only gonna pre-order when the pre-order page says you'll get the LE automatically if you pre-order!

Where are UK guys pre-ordering ATM? I haven't seen a page for it on GAME or Amazon. The official site only lists Zavvi & *********** as retailers too!

Seda

I missed a couple screens, added to OP, here:

i5ukUmDiponNO.png

ibiOTLA8SAwVPl.png

iC5Lu6Vk7zZ09.png

i7m9zrWOaUy0p.png

imjJiTub7RMiE.png

ibzEinqcu7EFzY.png

iSEtbePL0fjv8.png

And I think that's all of them.

Vashetti

Banned
Dem screenshots...

I see the in-battle models are still the awful ones back from the original game.

Why can't we have the new models everywhere? I don't understand.

For those that care, Square Enix marketing guy confirmed on the PS blog that the art book edition will have the game disc packaged inside the art book like the Hitman HD Trilogy. Depending on your preference that could be good news or bad news (bad news for me).

Vashetti

Banned
Why do those X2 battle screens not have AA at 720p?

Square, I'm disappointed.

Yeah I'm thoroughly confused, these are old, old games.

Surely they can't be too demanding RAM wise?

Why isn't every main character in some shots using their high-res version?

It's even more jarring now in HD.

Holmes

For those that care, Square Enix marketing guy confirmed on the PS blog that the art book edition will have the game disc packaged inside the art book like the Hitman HD Trilogy. Depending on your preference that could be good news or bad news (bad news for me).
Ffffffffuuuuuuuuck.

He means the US release, right?

Vashetti

Banned

That's only for the US.

In the UK there's a proper case for the disc.

xillyriax

dont have the game but going by this video, I'm not digging it :/

Aurizen

I've also said this in other posts but the new characters that were mentioned in the 30 minute scene was Kurgrum and Chuami.

Raziel

Won't be getting it then. If KH is the same ill be canceling that as well.

Nymphae

Banned
Looks nice, but I'll be getting the Vita version. If the games are released separately for Vita, I'll only be grabbing X-2, as it's the only one of the two I didn't finish. I enjoyed X at the time but I find it pretty forgettable.

Holmes

The battle screens are in Japanese but the CG screens have the Yuna/Lenne duet in 1000 words. It is the International version with the original Japanese voices but I wonder if they're still using Jade's 1000 words (and real Emotion) instead of Koda Kumi's?

OnFire331

Those screenshots look good! It seems like the eyes have more life than previous screenshots. Also, I never noticed that Yuna had empty eyes during the Sending CG, it's these little details that you can only notice with HD.

Top Bottom