• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition FFX/X2HD Revealed (NA/EU, PS3 Version) [Up: Screens]

The_Monk

I'm kinda tempted to get this fellow GAFfers but I still need to finish Ni no kuni. I take the most time with RPG's it's crazy.

The Artbook seems interesting, would be happy with some soundtrack too but that's okay.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
They talked about the Vita version no later than last week, at Japan Expo. They even confirmed cross-save there.

But did they talk about it being retail or digital only? :(

Vashetti

Banned
Fred Dutton on the PS EU Blog:

Phil is away from his desk today but will be here to answer questions as soon as possible. However, I have chased clarification on the PS Vita version: the special edition is currently for PS3 only.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fred Dutton on the PS EU Blog:

They should have asked a more important question: Will the Vita versions come out the same time as the PS3 version and will it be retail?

Jack cw

Day One! This and the Kingdom Hearts LE are great bonuses from SE. Hopefully the artbooks are big in size just like the MGS or ZOE HD collections. Would be so nice.

Vashetti

Banned
Can we please have a dedicated FFX/X-2 HD Remaster |OT|?

It's getting annoying now migrating threads all the time.

The main thread was just closed with no explanation.

OTs don't get made until a week before release. I think all the new info will just be posted in this thread from now until release. Better to have one new thread for all new info.

I fucking hate it when they do not tell you where the preorder bonus has effect. Amazon ? GameStop ? Best Buy ? Local retailers ?

edit: does it also work on Amazon.ca ?

Threads about FF tend to turn into general FF discussion really fast (and then into FF game-ranking, from which they never recover). IMO, new threads for new news also leads to better and more topical discussion.

Most likely. Or canned completely in the West.

If FFX and FFX-2 get released on Vita in Japan, they will come to America as well. The hardest two parts (programming the second version and translation) would already be done.

Now they may delay it (so as not to compete with first day sales of the PS3 version) or they may release it Digital only. However, I stand by that as long as they release any version on the VITA, an English translated version will come out in America (and probably Europe) as well.

Kyon

Banned
Wait.. you guys I CANT.. Im FINISHED

ib1MxGM6kHP8rj.gif

I WANT TO MAKE THE OT PLZ. Only I the resident and #1 YunaSUS stan on the planet can do it justice!

I know it's free and all but 24 pages is disappointing. Isn't Xillia's Day 1 edition coming with a 52 page artbook and the soundtrack?

If FFX and FFX-2 get released on Vita in Japan, they will come to America as well. The hardest two parts (programming the second version and translation) would already be done.

Now they may delay it (so as not to compete with first day sales of the PS3 version) or they may release it Digital only. However, I stand by that as long as they release any version on the VITA, an English translated version will come out in America (and probably Europe) as well.

Ragnarok Odyssey was released retail in Japan and the US with special editions. The EU got DD only. I hope it's retail but there are no guarantees

ULTROS!

FWIW, Amazon.co.jp has FFX HD Vita up for pre-order but not FFX-2 HD.

I WANT TO MAKE THE OT PLZ. Only I the resident and #1 YunaSUS stan on the planet can do it justice!

Sorry. :p

Usobuko

Banned
Is it me or do the Japanese games are giving a lot of incentives for PO or first print edition? Most includes an artbook.

Tales of Xillia
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5
FF X / X-2 HD
Killer is Dead
Dragon Crown

Holmes

Ugh, they're dicking around the people who want it on the Vita way too much. Is it so hard to bundle both games and throw in the same artbook? I really want the games on my Vita but they're making thr PS3 version almost too enticing (rather, the Vita games unenticing from the lack of news and limited edition). Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh. It's looking more and more likely thay I'll be getting the PS3 version, or at least pre-ordering it in the meantime.

Is it me or do the Japanese games are giving a lot of incentives for PO or first print edition?

Tales of Xillia
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5
FF X / X-2 HD
Killer is Dead
Dragon Crown
All for the price, before it drops in a few months. Won't get the extra goodies though.

Aytrial

The lack of Vita news concerns me about the possibility of them being DD-only. Hopefully my gut feeling is wrong on this one, especially since they're Final Fantasy titles. Both of them would occupy almost 8GB on one memory card if they hit the apparent size limit of Vita titles.

While the artbook is nifty, I'll still give the PS3 version a pass at this stage. Might get it later when it's cheaper.

DAMN IT

This love/hate relationship with Square Enix is exhausting. Well, if Vita versions are separate/digital only then I hope I can get this edition :(

Is it me or do the Japanese games are giving a lot of incentives for PO or first print edition? Most includes an artbook.

Tales of Xillia
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5
FF X / X-2 HD
Killer is Dead
Dragon Crown

It gives people more incentive to go out and buy it ASAP.

Nice, its not much but I'm happy this and KH 1.5 are getting limited editions. I want a CE with a bigger artbook and a figurine of Yuna.

Tales of Xillia
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5
FF X / X-2 HD
Killer is Dead
Dragon Crown

What is PO?

ULTROS!

Regarding FFX Vita DD, there's still a good chance that it's coming to retail. Amazon.com doesn't show pre-orders but Amazon.fr and Play-Asia has them up for pre-orders:

Amazon.fr
QWJ476i.png

Play-Asia
pJ4GY1z.png

Although, I don't know what's the track record of Amazon.fr and Play-Asia when it comes to these stuff.

kick51

Banned
too laTe i think Ultros is doing it. :)

Plus I'm not that bad with Yuna being concerned *O* *coughs*

Are my Yuna gifs lame? ;_____;

i1NJSY2aWPTt8.gif

Yuna gifs are totally fine. And I guess YRP gifs are sort of a loophole for pop gifs lol

ampere

Free art book for preorders? Can't complain.

I think I want the Vita version though. It looks like this is only for PS3 preorders.

Top Bottom